[Testing - rEvolt] few obvious bugs.

This section is for the organised reporting of bugs or any sort of issues found in the test server.

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

[Testing - rEvolt] few obvious bugs.

Post by Hello=) »

I've gave a try to rEvolt testing server and...
1) There're either no signposts near building or they're empty. When you enter city for 1st time, it's quite confusing, there're plenty of buildings and basically you have to resort to trial-and-error approach even if you've particular goal like "I want some arrows" or "I need to improve my weapons". In TMW-Classic buildings had icons on these signposts, it has been handy. So I'd say it some annoying bug/omission.

2) If you ask Toichi to use their equipment but put some weird items to slots, script just hangs. Last thing script says is "found craft entry: -1". At this point I guess it supposed to terninate dialog but it rather hangs indefinitely and player should use "stop waiting" button.

3) At least some quests (e.g. Zegas @ Candor) don't seem to appear in quest log.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: [Testing - rEvolt] few obvious bugs.

Post by WildX »

The way I see it the cleanest solution to the first problem is a map with markers (sort of a larger version of the minimap). The map itself could be easily generated from the game map, but everything else (map window, markers, potentially a tracker to tell you where you are) would be a client feature that I don't think Manaplus could provide at this time. If the city you're referring to is Artis, there are small signs next to buildings to indicate what they are for. A quick fix could be to add a legend that makes it easier to know what each image means and gives coordinates for the building entrance.

The quest log is broken for most newer quests AFAIK, another client issue. Basically the roof is leaking and that roof is Manaplus.

TMW Team member

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Quest log information are most likely to be missing for new quests. Quest logs are based on quest state, and those usually change until the end of the development so it has been discussed to add all of that at the end of the development.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

Personally I've been happy with mere signposts hinting building type. There're even "placeholders" in many places on rEvolt - just no actual icons, so building type remains mistery unless you actually enter. This small omission results in annoying trial-and-error approach. As for legend... um, well, I've been able to distinguish potions from swords, so guess it isn't big deal.

Building signs are nice they work regardless of client screen size, intuitive and in-place. Say 4144 asked me to seriously consider screens a low as 320x480, quoting low end androids (and I put at least some efforts to test client theme to at least "survive" this). Problem with any window is that it either occludes ingame content or you have to fiddle with window management even more. Neither of options is perfect.

As for "driving directions" and "atlas" guess nav tab can more or less do it - assuming content creators put attention to lableing things properly. Sure, it can use improvements, etc.

p.s. sometimes using pot here and now and scheduling roof maintenance later could be more viable idea compared to building new house or recklessly fixing roof straight under severe weather conditions. Even if it doesn't always looks neat.