The official server flamewar topic

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: CrazyTree Ban

Post by prsm »

TMWAdmin wrote:
prsm wrote:i am truly sorry my memories of working under you platyna don't correspond to yours.
I did in fact dislike your leadership skills, but i never once called you a monster.
i apologize if you thought I meant in that way.

Prsm
Show me at least 2 examples when I ever interfered with your GM duties beyond a fair advice or a call from the community to take an action to solve conflict.
Did i say you interfered with GM duties, i believe I did not, did I say you were a monster, I believe I did not.
What I did say was that i disliked your leadership skills.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Platypus
Newly Registered User

Post by Platypus »

At the very most, in your role, you could have asked us to step in and act if need be. You acted out of turn, you are an admin and a developer. If you would like to act as a GM, get nominated. If you dont like the rules, get TMWC to officially change them. But please dont act the way you did, Platyna acted that way, and no one liked it.
This clearly implies that:
a) I acted as an admin and developer,
b) I did not obeyed my own rules,

If I am wrong then what o11c was doing like me?
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Do you really want to hash this out?
It serves actually no purpose at all.

Lets just say "He had the attitude you did when you hosted"
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

blackrazor wrote:I wanted to thank the current TMWC, especially the outspoken public words of prsm, wushin, 4144, veryape, and cassy, for supporting the players and the needs of the community. I believe we have come full circle now. Platyna is gone, and now so are all the ones who were primary in orchestrating that putsch. You have all witnessed an amazing story, full of noble intentions, sacrifice, and the corrupting effects of power. In the end, you are choosing to codify your laws, respect common sense, support your community, and all I can say in return is cheers, kudos, and thank you! I hope this marks a positive uptick for TMW, with everyone working together, respecting each other, and building better for the future.

Good luck and godspeed.
It seems that the only person who wasn't corrupted by power is me. ;)

Regards.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

Platyna wrote:
blackrazor wrote:I wanted to thank the current TMWC, especially the outspoken public words of prsm, wushin, 4144, veryape, and cassy, for supporting the players and the needs of the community. I believe we have come full circle now. Platyna is gone, and now so are all the ones who were primary in orchestrating that putsch. You have all witnessed an amazing story, full of noble intentions, sacrifice, and the corrupting effects of power. In the end, you are choosing to codify your laws, respect common sense, support your community, and all I can say in return is cheers, kudos, and thank you! I hope this marks a positive uptick for TMW, with everyone working together, respecting each other, and building better for the future.

Good luck and godspeed.

Regards.
Platyna, as I was a player, I loved your rule, and I have very nostalgic positive feelings about it. I never had any problems with you whatsoever, only good experiences. However, I don't think everyone else was a liar, either. Almost every dev and contributor and GM and admin that worked with you had a very different experience with you than was mine, from their perspective ... certainly quite solidly around the time of the putsch. It may not be fair, or maybe not even legal what they did to you, but all in all, and with all due respect, I'm glad the project is not in your hands, and neither in the hands of Frost and o11c. I think it is better this way, where it is now.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

+1 :wink:

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

noog
Peon
Peon

Post by noog »

blackrazor wrote: Platyna, as I was a player, I loved your rule, and I have very nostalgic positive feelings about it. I never had any problems with you whatsoever, only good experiences. However, I don't think everyone else was a liar, either. Almost every dev and contributor and GM and admin that worked with you had a very different experience with you than was mine, from their perspective ... certainly quite solidly around the time of the putsch. It may not be fair, or maybe not even legal what they did to you, but all in all, and with all due respect, I'm glad the project is not in your hands, and neither in the hands of Frost and o11c. I think it is better this way, where it is now.
+1
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

blackrazor wrote:
Platyna wrote:

Good luck and godspeed.

Regards.
Platyna, as I was a player, I loved your rule, and I have very nostalgic positive feelings about it. I never had any problems with you whatsoever, only good experiences. However, I don't think everyone else was a liar, either. Almost every dev and contributor and GM and admin that worked with you had a very different experience with you than was mine, from their perspective ... certainly quite solidly around the time of the putsch. It may not be fair, or maybe not even legal what they did to you, but all in all, and with all due respect, I'm glad the project is not in your hands, and neither in the hands of Frost and o11c. I think it is better this way, where it is now.
There were the times where majority of people - often very famous and respected were telling us that the earth is flat - however it didn't made earth even a bit more flat, it is still round. They also hated everyone telling them what is the truth.

Developers had problems with me because I disallowed them to have power over the community. They had no opportunity to have any problems with me, at any other matter, as I did not interfere with the game development.

And yes, impeachment committee is full of liars that try to blame me for their indolence. Bjorn was the first one blaming me and he left the project with Elven (who felt himself too great to discuss the game future at all), they created a new game and a new server which is still under development and the community of users is 0. They again got into argument - this time with other developers and they abandoned the project and created a new one. The primary reason why Elven passed the domain to impeachers' server was because he blamed me for the game being in a bad shape (which was caused by stupid developers playing bad with the code).

The rest of so called devs, when got the power they craved so badly, started to dig under one another and fight to get even more power. It led them all to leave the project because they couldn't pull their heads out of their assess and work toghether for a higher good and a common goal (which was a primary reason of conflict with me).

But they could act like good fellows of stalinist regime (for those who have no idea what I am talking about - educate yourself) and started a propaganda action where I was blamed for everything including lags and player data losses (which were caused by eathena itself after it was hacked by our brilliant devs). They also banned so I couln't defend myself. The only person who had some decency to make things straight (when some clueless fools fed up with propaganda were moaning how insecure the machine eA was running was) was MadCamel (which is suprising) but chapeau bas to him.

It is my server and no one had a right to impeach me. It is like somebody would build a house and then allow others to use it and those people would steal that house and kick the owner out. You may wrap it into some politicaly correct bullshit about democracy but a lie repeated thousand times is not going to become truth.

If you like the game as it is now - without a head, lead by [nobody know who because he hided behind so called committee) and going straight way to death - it is your business.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Everyone gets to call the shots and everyone gets a say. The weight of that depends on who,what,where and why. Each member has a vote and voice from which to be heard. The community gets a say as well. Pretty sure everyone left is tired of drama and turmoil. I'm not even sure you are banned anymore. I don't think anyone has messed with your accounts. In which case you can always come back and play and get nominated/elected for TMW positions, anyone can. Pretty sure there are people who would turn up for Trivia still. I no longer care as so much time has past since that whole thing went down. If you really want to help, than help. If you want to watch, feel free to carry on then. Either way you made me think someone should host more events like Trivia.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

Platyna wrote:
blackrazor wrote:
Platyna wrote:

Regards.
There were the times where majority of people - often very famous and respected were telling us that the earth is flat - however it didn't made earth even a bit more flat, it is still round. They also hated everyone telling them what is the truth.

Developers had problems with me because I disallowed them to have power over the community. They had no opportunity to have any problems with me, at any other matter, as I did not interfere with the game development.

And yes, impeachment committee is full of liars that try to blame me for their indolence. Bjorn was the first one blaming me and he left the project with Elven (who felt himself too great to discuss the game future at all), they created a new game and a new server which is still under development and the community of users is 0. They again got into argument - this time with other developers and they abandoned the project and created a new one. The primary reason why Elven passed the domain to impeachers' server was because he blamed me for the game being in a bad shape (which was caused by stupid developers playing bad with the code).

The rest of so called devs, when got the power they craved so badly, started to dig under one another and fight to get even more power. It led them all to leave the project because they couldn't pull their heads out of their assess and work toghether for a higher good and a common goal (which was a primary reason of conflict with me).

But they could act like good fellows of stalinist regime (for those who have no idea what I am talking about - educate yourself) and started a propaganda action where I was blamed for everything including lags and player data losses (which were caused by eathena itself after it was hacked by our brilliant devs). They also banned so I couln't defend myself. The only person who had some decency to make things straight (when some clueless fools fed up with propaganda were moaning how insecure the machine eA was running was) was MadCamel (which is suprising) but chapeau bas to him.

It is my server and no one had a right to impeach me. It is like somebody would build a house and then allow others to use it and those people would steal that house and kick the owner out. You may wrap it into some politicaly correct bullshit about democracy but a lie repeated thousand times is not going to become truth.

If you like the game as it is now - without a head, lead by [nobody know who because he hided behind so called committee) and going straight way to death - it is your business.

Platyna, you seem like a very intelligent and diligent person; you certainly have an answer for everything. Here's the thing. You are not Galileo and they are not the Spanish Inquisition. Yes, you have been singled out, but even that happens for a reason, no matter how amazing you are at finding plausible alternate explanations. Your house analogy is excellent. If you give the keys to strangers, what do you think will happen one day upon your return? You should have been the only one with direct file access, if you were as concerned as you now state; anything else would be irresponsible. And yes, I know you will have an answer. "I didn't know they would do this. I had to be fair. I tried to divide power. They never would have worked at all if I had such control. etc. etc." There, I did it for you. Point is: if it was really your server data, and you really were responsible, and you really understood human nature as well as you now claim, you would have always maintained that final wall of security for yourself. The irony of all of this is that the company (Gravity) that made Ragnarok, running under the Aegis software, also made your same mistake. They gave access to too many people, and some, out of anger with Gravity, abused their authority, and made the software public, which facilitated greatly the development of the Eathena clone, which we are using for TMW today. You would think people (in this case, by people, I mean YOU, Platyna) would learn from history, especially when they are so fond of quoting it all the time, but apparently, they do not, and thus are / were doomed to repeat it. You see, the time to have been strict and demanding was back then, with your data. Now that time is past, it is too late. Your actions singlehandedly allowed the security breach which made possible everything that followed from it. If you had laid out strict restrictions on data access, from as soon as the project was left with you on Platinum, none of this would ever have been allowed to happen.

P.S. None of this changes how much fun I had on Platinum back in 2007 and 2008. I had a blast, and thank you for that.

P.P.S. To avoid confusion. I blame Platyna, as head admin, for the data breach, because she implemented naive data access protocols which directly led to the downfall of the server data security. I blame frost and o11c for taking advantage of that exploit to their advantage. Such behaviors are inexcusable. I'm glad they are all gone. Whatever that remains, seems more inclined to work together, with less ego, and for that, I am grateful. Thank you Madcamel for hosting, and thank you TMWC for continuing to maintain the project.
Avenn
Novice
Novice

Post by Avenn »

*gets popcorn* i was thinking its crazy tree ban topic related, still better love story than twilight
Someone once said to me between the lines " You are unwanted here anymore, you are rude, arogant, ignorant, stupid, annoying and worthless person."
And all i can say about it Yes i might be... but that doesnt matter i dont have other feelings different from almighty hate and anger... but in the end its pointless to explain myself.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

blackrazor wrote: P.P.S. To avoid confusion. I blame Platyna, as head admin, for the data breach, because she implemented naive data access protocols which directly led to the downfall of the server data security.
I did not.
Whatever that remains, seems more inclined to work together, with less ego, and for that, I am grateful. Thank you Madcamel for hosting, and thank you TMWC for continuing to maintain the project.
As I said, if server return under my administration I can work with people who are willing to work for TMW, otherwise any person who inherited the files from Frost is a thief.
noog
Peon
Peon

Post by noog »

Can someone lock this topic. This has gone off topic a long time ago.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

If we lock the topic, we appear to be covering things up, which gives the appearance of wrong doing.

Platyna, I am the only remaining person left on TMWC from the server move. I don't want any powers, nor am I trying to get any. Also, I am old enough to be your dad. That's in reference to your signature file.

Also, the sitting TMWC have no desire to go back to your server or work beneath you.

I will reiterate what Wushin said, you are more than welcome to come back to the game and earn a spot on TMWC team and be 1 voice 1 vote, just like the rest of us.

Prsm
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Lol, Platyna is still trolling? L-O-L
sexy red bearded GM