The official server flamewar topic

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [Ban Adrena] for being a talk bot (split from courthouse

Post by blackrazor »

prsm wrote: ...... this is why i get bored!

Prsm
We already know how bored you are. You bore us to death, too.

Thank-you for teaching me how pointless it is to have any conversation with TMWC ... The Monster Within Community

Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

prsm wrote:
Altus Institute wrote: Obviously you cant take your butt for your head, them yes, they did.
i read this 6 times, doesn't mean a thing, senseless.

and wow, a urine reference, gotta be a first.
Sorry its crystal clear, put the sentence in the context to understand it simply.
And simple things are always the best....when we can understand them.
I talked about thoughts and actions, and what do what....i thought it was simple to understand, i even take a simple gesture as example.
Instead you trying to laugh at me because you dont understand.
Because you dont understand that doesnt means its senseless.

see, i was talking about this :
"When the sage show the moon, simpletons* watch his finger".
*I removed the real word to put something sweety instead, ofc this sentence is not from me but from some philosopher. Hope that you will appreciate my simple gesture.
wushin wrote: lets keep it all in one place so we know what kind of steaming piles play/played this game.
Ah ah ah see this wushin, read prsm sentence...
prsm, obviously wushin didnt talk about some gold, or hot dishes.... :lol:

wow wushin you make prsm sad with your poo reference.

(not allowed for me, but allowed when wushin talk about the community???? :lol: i will not add something, enough said :lol: )
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

Altus Institute wrote:
wushin wrote: lets keep it all in one place so we know what kind of steaming piles play/played this game.
Ah ah ah see this wushin, read prsm sentence...
prsm, obviously wushin didnt talk about some gold, or hot dishes.... :lol:

wow wushin you make prsm sad with your poo reference.

(not allowed for me, but allowed when wushin talk about the community???? :lol: i will not add something, enough said :lol: )
They are obviously Resmuglicans. It's OK when they do it. TMWC = Trump Might Win Caucus
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: The official server flamewar topic

Post by wushin »

Time has told the truth about who can and can't support the community.

.org has had a couple 1,000 people online in the past couple of months. (or so says timestamps on account.txt)
.org has had people online almost constantly since the server move.
.org is part of SPI, a non-profit for Open Source Projects.
.org is soon to administrated by a board.
.org has fixed and patched enough of TMWA that .net hasn't (i.e. why platy can't keep it online)
.org has done all the things they said they would.
.org has developers, gms, admins, moderators, wiki editors, translators still willing to help.
Bjørn wrote:Platyna, I agreed with the move as did ElvenProgrammer (who had to change the DNS settings). However, I'm sure neither of us knows much about what's going on in this community these days. If you only just found out, then I can only conclude the same counts for you. - Source: viewtopic.php?p=131693#p131693

.net has been offline since 2013 with sporadic days of being online here and there.
.net was not responsive to TMW's needs.
.net happened because Platyna was not paying any attention at all to the project.
.net After the move Platyna went bonkers at the community.

What Platyna tried to offer, Platyna failed at providing. Then Platyna went ballistic on the project for making a communal decision to move some place we could grow. Then .net died because Platyna is actually a horrible person to work with otherwise .net would have thrived, but didn't.

As it is the reason we are having this argument on this forum is because .org was the successful Fork.

Ya'll can continue to flame and troll us all you want. The score is known. Time has written which Fork was successful and which Fork failed.

EOL
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

Hey wu wu, Frost and o11c stole Platyna's data, which was not open-source, not free, and not theirs to take. Bjorn and Elven stabbed Platyna in the back because they were pissed she succeeded with eAthena when they wanted that to fail so ManaServ could be reborn from the ashes; from their own quote which you provided, it is clear they neither knew nor cared about this eAthena-TMW community. If you are so good, lets see how well you do by starting a new fork and not stealing someone else's. That would have been the real test. It was horrible Karma to shank Platyna and steal her data, which is why trollolololol shall follow you around for the rest of your days.

TMWC = Truth Matters When Convenient
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

blackrazor wrote:Hey wu wu, Frost and o11c stole Platyna's data, which was not open-source, not free, and not theirs to take. Bjorn and Elven stabbed Platyna in the back because they were pissed she succeeded with eAthena when they wanted that to fail so ManaServ could be reborn from the ashes; from their own quote which you provided, it is clear they neither knew nor cared about this eAthena-TMW community. If you are so good, lets see how well you do by starting a new fork and not stealing someone else's. That would have been the real test. It was horrible Karma to shank Platyna and steal her data, which is why trollolololol shall follow you around for the rest of your days.

TMWC = Truth Matters When Convenient
Bjørn wrote:Dear blackrazor,

You are obviously completely right that the player data is not covered by the GPL (good heavens!). However, you are wrong in your conclusion that it thus must be owned by Platyna.

When Platyna took over the hosting of the TMW server from Ultramichy, there was indeed no written agreement about who would own the data produced by the server. However, most of the project was managed by Common Sense, and common sense is that you'd never choose a host for the server when you expect that host to claim ownership over the data. One needs to be able to move to another server when the need arises, after all.

On the server side, TMW has always been managed by a group of admins. They gained these rights because the project needed admins and these people have shown their skill and have shown they can be trusted. As a group, they manage the server-side data and can be considered the owners of it.

What happened here was a split of this group, with Platyna on one side and all the others on the another. The data ended up on both sides, and both sides are in my opinion entitled to hold on to it. We should be able to trust each side to handle it with care, like they always have.

Best regards,
Bjørn
Souce - viewtopic.php?p=132861#p132861

Didn't even have to change a single line.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

FYI, this is our 4th time around this loop. WHEE!!!!
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

I see you moved it to Off Topic; Hide from the truth more, please. Truth to the TMWC is like sunlight to Vampires. Doesn't matter what Bjorn wrote years after the fact; he didn't know the details of that time nor did he care to, he just wanted to stick it to Platyna because of eAthena. Platyna was not just a host like MadCamel or whatever pay service you use now. This fork was completely managed and guided by her, dumped on her because Bjorn and Elven didn't want no eAthena baby. She owned the data, same as any other fork owns their data. Frost and o11c abused her trust, and stole the data from her server, plain and simple. Frost and o11c had to do it in secret, without warning, because they knew that if they were caught then Platyna would stop them and they would be toast. Thus, they were not authorized to do that, it was never discussed nor agreed to, and common sense calls that STEALING !
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

blackrazor wrote:I see you moved it to Off Topic; Hide from the truth more, please. Truth to the TMWC is like sunlight to Vampires. Doesn't matter what Bjorn wrote years after the fact; he didn't know the details of that time nor did he care to, he just wanted to stick it to Platyna because of eAthena. Platyna was not just a host like MadCamel or whatever pay service you use now. This fork was completely managed and guided by her, dumped on her because Bjorn and Elven didn't want no eAthena baby. She owned the data, same as any other fork owns their data. Frost and o11c abused her trust, and stole the data from her server, plain and simple. Frost and o11c had to do it in secret, without warning, because they knew that if they were caught then Platyna would stop them and they would be toast. Thus, they were not authorized to do that, it was never discussed nor agreed to, and common sense calls that STEALING !
Its not stealing, the project founders both approved the move. Then agreed the data to be shared. When we split everything was left as is on .net.

Sad truth is .net was the fork that failed because it didn't have anyone able to carry it because they all agreed to the move.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

Project founders opinion on this means nothing, TMW went its own way under Platyna's rule. The founders don't own the data, not of this fork, nor any other, so they have zero standing in this matter. They cannot give what isn't theirs to anyone else.

The fact that Platyna was left with a copy changes nothing, either. You aren't allowed to copy software, music, movies, cable, etc., that is owned by someone else, even if you leave them with a copy of it. Hahahahaha. So funny.

And finally, the fact that Frost and o11c had to do it in total secret, all black ops clandestine-like, like thieves in the middle of the night, meant that is exactly what they were. They were thieves; they were not authorized to take that which they took.

Go make your own fork instead of stealing someone else's. When you are successful in that, then you can talk the crap you talk about who is successful and who is not. Right now, you are just data bootleggers, profiting off of someone else's property.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Personally I would rather Platyna, and not silly pleading on Patron and Paypal viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19137 to keep the server running.
It only shows the real agenda of TMWC. As there is an infrastructure of three servers, at any time, ready to serve TMW.
In fact, if you read old posts, many credited Platyna with single-handedly saving this game by providing structure (rules guidance), free hosting, free admin at a time when Elven and Bjorn lost interest because the playerbase wanted eAthena (what they knew, and what existed as a functioning game) as opposed to ... ummmm ... hahahaha ... ManaServ (what didn't exist for years, and even now quite unfeatured and bare-boned). So Bjorn and Elven wanted to develop something new and cool and didn't care if zero players were around. And Platyna was always the player advocate, looking out for player needs, and eAthena, while buggy and ugly, was actually something that could and did support a game and community. And that is the same game, forums, community, and data files that we still have today. Thank you Platyna.
[...]
The current staff, many of them, always come back to that same old tired argument: "What have you done for the game? Have you developed? Been elected GM? NO? Then no opinion for you if we don't like it!" They sound like the rich elite 1%: "Have you owned a company? Created jobs? NO? Then no opinion for you if we don't like it!" Here's the thing, players support the game just by playing and existing. No players? No community! With no players, all of this might as well just be a dead repository on Github. As with Manaserv. And Platyna always understood that. She always put the players and the play FIRST ! And I like that.
I am glad that someone noticed that - as it was a reason of my major argument with Elven and Bjorn and probably a reason why they agreed with the move and changed DNS entries. I am a scientist, I use logic as a way of life - logic says - games are for players - without players the game is pointless.
Ah, they took back the golden warlord armor under tmwc decision, while they planning to remove the level raise up from the main christmas quest.
All for us, nothing for you.
I was always for the idea that there shouldn't be unreleased items for a long time - that's why I was giving aways "unreleased" items away during the events untill developers objected.
Dictactors are always the same, they change their face but the spirit is always the same, and nowadays they use words like love you, sweety, my friends, kitty, im useful....like if we cant see them.
Yes, I was a dictator, but I did my best to be fair and reasonable one.

To SriNitayanda: When I was serious I was serious. I am a person with a sense of humour. I also grown with TMW, in 2005 I was 11 years younger and I had a right to fool around during the events as they were done FOR FUN - along with the whole game itself. And the community loved it. Of course you didn't mention it was during the events and put all that quotes out of context, and you didn't even bothered to hide it. And yes, during Saturnialia Romans Duck everything that moves - it is a historic fact. I have many photos of Roman art took form museums, and they would make you blush. Only a person with sense of humour amputated by the age three would take these messages seriously.
When we do it and say we will change, you don't give us a chance, if you tried to do it with Platyna she will either shut you up or ban you... but i guess its the nostalgia feeling that keeps playing tricks on you. We are willing to accept relevant critic, but we are bored of your arguments when you clearly don't know what you are talking about.
This is a lie, you can't count on your fingers of two hands and toes of two feets the cases I ever banned anyone here all these years. Ban was always my last resort.
What Platyna tried to offer, Platyna failed at providing. Then Platyna went ballistic on the project for making a communal decision to move some place we could grow. Then .net died because Platyna is actually a horrible person to work with otherwise .net would have thrived, but didn't.
You all turned away for your ego hunting and I started my PhD, so you are suprised I can't do a job of 15 people all by myself? While I would find a time to oversee the project, guard its principles and be a mediator, an admin and a judge, it is almost impossible to AGAIN find the time to build a team and a community - I did it once in 2006 when I was younger and had A LOT OF FREE TIME and yes, it was something that required a lot of free time. Because of your ego building I had to decide if I want to find cancer diagnostic methods or care for a game a love.
Its not stealing, the project founders both approved the move. Then agreed the data to be shared. When we split everything was left as is on .net.
Is it? Then tar.gz it and put on a public site. Elven and Bjorn resigned from caring about eAthena, and tmw.net isn't a fork, it is an orginal server that was hurt because Elven changed the DNS entries - without that no one would ever notice what have you done. You betrayed me, but heck, I would forgive you if you actions benefited the project, but they didn't - TMWC is corrupting the project.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Sadly, you made this bed you have to lie in it.

You picked your admins, if they were bad, that's on you, you picked them!
By your own words you were a dictator! Who wants to work for a dictator?
You never secured the DNS settings when you hosted, that's on you!
You fought with everyone, once in a forum post you said you would cut the hand off anyone that raised it against you. Who wants to work with that?
You went afk for months at a time, yes for school, but still afk.

But back on topic, the people you said stole the game from you are all long gone. I am the sole survivor of the move, and I supported it, but I didn't set it up or take part in it, I don't have the skills for that. So when you insult TMWC, you are insulting people you don't even know.
Nitay, veryape, wushin, Gina, gumi, chicka they had nothing to do with it.

The people you accuse of being power hungry, these people that you don't know and have never talked to, have instead set the game up to be safe and self sufficient., with not one person in charge. Like you we also love the game, but unlike you, not one of us wants to be in charge.

I know you will say this is a putsch, or call me a name, try and belittle everyone, and when you do .......that is why the people decided to get a new host, why we left.

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

prsm wrote:Sadly, you made this bed you have to lie in it.

You picked your admins, if they were bad, that's on you, you picked them!
By your own words you were a dictator! Who wants to work for a dictator?
You never secured the DNS settings when you hosted, that's on you!
You fought with everyone, once in a forum post you said you would cut the hand off anyone that raised it against you. Who wants to work with that?
You went afk for months at a time, yes for school, but still afk.

But back on topic, the people you said stole the game from you are all long gone. I am the sole survivor of the move, and I supported it, but I didn't set it up or take part in it, I don't have the skills for that. So when you insult TMWC, you are insulting people you don't even know.
Nitay, veryape, wushin, Gina, gumi, chicka they had nothing to do with it.

The people you accuse of being power hungry, these people that you don't know and have never talked to, have instead set the game up to be safe and self sufficient., with not one person in charge. Like you we also love the game, but unlike you, not one of us wants to be in charge.

I know you will say this is a putsch, or call me a name, try and belittle everyone, and when you do .......that is why the people decided to get a new host, why we left.

Prsm
You didn't just leave, you stole the data. And you supported the thieves when they were around, plenty. Only now with them safety gone do you dare put a knife in their back by admitting some of the truth finally. You are playing and GMing right now, on stolen data. A GM that is GMing on stolen data ... hahahahaha, imagine that! You are aware of it, and you don't give a crap, because you are an amoral, disingenuous, sarcastic, bootlicking, bored little freak. It's every one else's fault, except you and your allies, in your mind. What a wonderful place that little spot between your ears must be. Cheers !

P.S. I have absolutely ZERO to say about veryape, Ginaria, travolta, and the many others that are wisely staying out of it and not throwing their weight around, or rubbing our noses in their malfeasance. They are like innocent Americans living on Native land, minding their own business, just living their lives. YOU, wu-wu, cassy, and sirnit are like those who know, troll and brag about it, and kick around any Natives they find when we protest, just to remind us of how awesome you must be.

Really, none of this crap would have started up again if you four "wiseguys" could learn to sit on your hands, grow a little as human beings, not invoke Platyna in your GMing B.S. with players, not throw threads and posts around like they were pizza, and not mess with Crush's server-move thread. But hey, you just had to go and touch it, so you must like the results, because surely you knew this would be forthcoming from your own actions. As Platyna wisely said:
You betrayed me, but heck, I would forgive you if you actions benefited the project, but they didn't - TMWC is corrupting the project.
If you mind your P's and Q's with the stolen data, we have nothing to say, for the sake of the project, and for the sake of the innocents who still play it, some of whom you mentioned. But if you stir up crap, well yeah, this is the result, pal. You made your bed, so you lie in it.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

prsm wrote:Like you we also love the game, but unlike you, not one of us wants to be in charge.
You forgot about me. I want to be in charge. I'm just biding my time until everyone else forgets about TMW and then I'll finally be the great and powerful overlord that I'm rumoured to be! Dance little peasants, dance!
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

MadCamel wrote: You forgot about me. I want to be in charge.
Nobody care about you, go back in your hole with your porno server.
We talk about only ppl we care, even if we have to slap them.
Btw, nobody talked about you?
What is the conclusion for you?
MadCamel wrote: I'm just biding my time until everyone else forgets about TMW and then I'll finally be the great and powerful overlord that I'm rumoured to be! Dance little peasants, dance!
We will dance for now, but at a moment or another you will dance too like a little pig over a camp-fire.
You think to be an overlord?
grave are full with overlord who send others die in their name on the battlefield.
Your time will come soon or later, while enjoy your time as a peasant with nice suit, but a peasant is still a peasant even if he called himself overlord.

and stop eating with your fingers you have a fork for this....overlord

EDIT : oopps sorry must be a typo, dont ready porno, read what you want to read.
I dont even know about what im talking about, i heard so many things. I apologize.
Every garbage will be wipe out in time. Until then enjoy your time.
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage