The official server flamewar topic

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

The official server flamewar topic

Post by Crush »

Some of you just love to argue about the server move and who was wrong about doing what before, during or after it. But, frankly, it's annoying. The server move is over, there is no chance the people involved will ever be friends again after everything that happened, and the situation like it is right now will likely stay that way. Everything that can be said has already been said over and over again. These "discussions" really lead nowhere.

But unfortunately this doesn't stop some of you from derailing threads which are actually interesting for other reasons, like how the TMW Committee is now going to manage their server. And it doesn't seem like you are going to stop doing this. For that reason I am now creating this thread. Any further flamewars about the server move will be moved into this thread. That way you can argue all you want while those who are fed up with this topic can just ignore this thread and do something productive with their time, like creating content for their respective servers.

And the best thing: I am never going to close it - I promise! You can argue as much as you want in this thread until the heat-death of the universe.
Last edited by WildX on 09 Apr 2018, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Freedom by TMWC: all posts critical to TMWC will be locked.

Post by Platyna »

Well, at least I did not posted sugar-sweet lies about freedom and democracy, at least my rules were honest and clear.

Be honest, set a new rule:
All discussions we don't like (especially criticism of TMWC/TMWC members) will be locked.

I was a final regulatory body. Now I will be a final monitoring body. You could make unauthorized copies of files, threat domain owner, you can slander me, spam The Mana World Original Server Forums...but I will not let you destroy this community anyway.

Regards.
Sanity
Peon
Peon

Re: Freedom by TMWC: all posts critical to TMWC will be lock

Post by Sanity »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OnymA
Novice
Novice

Re: Freedom by TMWC: all posts critical to TMWC will be lock

Post by OnymA »

someone stole your lollypop awwww :cry:
*wool producing*
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: The official server-move flamewar topic

Post by Platyna »

Crush wrote:Some of you just love to argue about the server move and who was wrong about doing what before, during or after it. But, frankly, it's annoying. The server move is over, there is no chance the people involved will ever be friends again after everything that happened, and the situation like it is right now will likely stay that way. Everything that can be said has already been said over and over again. These "discussions" really lead nowhere.

But unfortunately this doesn't stop some of you from derailing threads which are actually interesting for other reasons, like how the TMW Committee is now going to manage their server. And it doesn't seem like you are going to stop doing this. For that reason I am now creating this thread. Any further flamewars about the server move will be moved into this thread. That way you can argue all you want while those who are fed up with this topic can just ignore this thread and do something productive with their time, like creating content for their respective servers.

And the best thing: I am never going to close it - I promise! You can argue as much as you want in this thread until the heat-death of the universe.
My post broken no rules, and you had to right to edit the subject. But well, any laws of decency no longer apply - at least it is being more and more visible. All flames are posted by TMWC and their sycophants.

Regards.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Why are you upset, Platyna? You have what you asked for. A very uncomfortable thread and my promise to never close it.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Platyna wrote:My post broken no rules, and you had to right to edit the subject.
LOL at Platyna seeming to have not read the rules of the board and being a hypocrite.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

*eats popcorn*
Head of the TMW Illuminati
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

*steals MadCamel's popcorn*
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

*has relations with madcamel's popcorn*

edited to be more family friendly
sexy red bearded GM
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

TMW you are my favorite drama, seriously what other game has such political intrigue?
Pixel Battalion
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Crush wrote:Why are you upset, Platyna? You have what you asked for. A very uncomfortable thread and my promise to never close it.
Why you think so? I am here sine ira and studio showing take over management way of conduct - in fact it doesn't require any effort sine the way you lie, slander and treat the contributors (well your loss is our profit - Nard is a great Wiki admin) is visible like a fullmoon. ;-)

Ah, BTW, the players and developers you said all agreed for the move now are emaling me and telling they had no idea what is happening. Yet another lie was revealed. You could fool Elven and Bjorn but you can't fool the community.

Do that more! :-) Your problem is that you think players are idiots, and they are not. ;-)

As I said - an abuser can't be an admin, so if someone is tired by lies, imaginary committees (my question about o11c changing rules interpreatation on his own is still unanswered and the topic was locked) are welcome back to The Mana World Original Server. ;-)

Dear Players, I have joined here when we had 5 players online (all of them developers), I have argued for the server you liked so much, and I have spent 1/5 of my life working on it - this is something that cannot be taken away - at least power hungry abusive kiddos had something to make unauthorized copies of. ;-) TMW Original Server is still alive and kicking, we will get over all difficulties. The domain has changed, the heart not.

Regards.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Head of the TMW Illuminati
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

The great TMW wars. I hope Bjorn starts a new tmwserv-based server with CR1 sometimes :roll:

There were more than 5 players before Platyna btw.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Platyna wrote:As I said - an abuser can't be an admin, so if someone is tired by lies, imaginary committees
I'll point out again that you did all of that while the project was under your thumb.