The official server flamewar topic

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: The official server-move flamewar topic

Post by Nard »

prsm wrote: i can also say as a GM that I hear very few lag complaints anymore. That is a good thing. We also havent one single roll back either.

I can also say the move didn't go perfectly, there was some fighting and disputes.
[...]
Its just a game, the ruler of it is not the supreme leader of the universe, the game doesn't define us, we define the game.
lags: Its probably because the lags complaints are reported more to developers than to GMs. but there are still present, and huge ones.
Rollback: afaik we had a small one.
Game is one thing, Game development is a different one. In my opinion, role play should not have been an should not be tolerated in the development side. It doesn't mean that fun is necessarily excluded from development, especially when imagination is required. :D
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Thank you and good luck

Post by Wombat »

I hope you aren't claiming your leadership had anything to do with it. You showed no leadership and was usually busy with school work. There seems to of been others involved that deserve credit. When you did involve yourself it was to sloppily intervene without any knowledge of what was going on. We moved forward despite you.
Current character is "Abolish".
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Thank you and good luck

Post by prsm »

+1 Wombat said it very eloquently
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

prsm wrote:*sighs*

Sorry Platyna, sorry you feel so much hatred and anger.
Its obvious you didn't see the intent of the move or firing (pick the one you like better).
I wont even try and say something witty.

I can say we have been DDos free since the move, and i can also say as a GM that I hear very few lag complaints anymore. That is a good thing. We also havent one single roll back either.
I can also say the move didn't go perfectly, there was some fighting and disputes.
I did say and will say again, Thanks for hosting for 7 years.
Its just a game, the ruler of it is not the supreme leader of the universe, the game doesn't define us, we define the game.
to conclude, Sorry! But it needed to be done.
Rewriting the history continues? You are DDoS free because your host is Hetzner and AFAIR TMW had to move from the initial hosts because of DDoS. I have my own data center and we can't afford such uplinks like them. Since I am not hosting TMW I am as well DDoS free.

The other part of your post is, excuse me, a bullshit. There is nothing left from that "great and democratic TMWC" except a few oligarch with absolute power. So all you did is to trade one fair leader w/o absolute powers to a few impeachers with absolute power. It is the business of the century. Too bad a project I love suffers. Otherwise it would be pretty hillarious.

Regards.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

You can say anything you want, you can believe anything you want, you can post anything you want, you can write anything you want.

I wont try and argue with you anymore.

I wont even say what i want to say, because it serves no point lowering myself.

But just for the record, History can't be rewritten once its already written down. It is there in plain sight for all to read. Some may read it one way and others another. The truth normally falls between both.

Keep on posting, and doing what ever you feel you have to. We will do the same ....... bottom line, we love the game to!

Prsm
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

It is my forum, so I don't have to ask you for blessings to post. About loving the game - your actions does not reflect your words. This take over and TMWC is harmful for the community because it is a power crave and power fight. Furthermore - people who fought for this power with dirty tricks like threating domain owner that they will leave the project left anyway after doing so much mess to the order I worked out for several years.

Regards.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

At least we have a forum. And a game, for that matter.
</obvious troll>
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Of course you have - you have stolen it to have it. But with such modus operandi of yours, not for long.

The original forum is temporarily closed because your hosting admin spammed it with 20k bots (thanks god I archive all logs since Platinum Linux Non Profit was established). But don't worry we will solve it. :-)

Regards.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Yeah. Because I feel the need to randomly attack an entirely dead server ran by a crazy lady I could care less about. Sure. Makes total sense.

Get real. Stop pointing fingers. You probably just got nailed by forum spammers and are looking for someone to blame except yourself for not paying enough attention to things.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

What a coincidence that the reg ips matches the ones of your botnet. Also, that attack began when TMWC decayed. Anyway I knew you will try to lie yourself out off this, so I am not suprised. Once an abuser always an abuser.

Regards.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Yes, we have abused our players with new content, how terrible of us.
Dear Players,
I'm sorry since the move I've been able to assault you with:
- The new Cave/Mine/Sewer set
- Fix the equip bug and allow multiple launcher types
- I'm so very sorry I was able to make the holiday event, I know it is tragic fun
- As you all know I also plan to further abuse you with more new art, mobs and equipment from Cassy, Veryape, Fother and Chayenne.
- Someone should also petition the United Nations for the New art for all Tulimshar including a castle

Players you must ban together and Stop us or we will make this game great. Our tyranny of adding new and fun group content must come to an end.

The sad fact is you never paid attention unless people were blowing smoke up your ass.
You really enjoyed the title without the work. The simple fact is YOU not the GHP or TMWC or anything pushed the players and community away.
The TMWC was guilty of that as well, but thats why I sit in game 24/7 like 4144, to be there to listen to anyone about anything. The Fact that neither anyone on TMWC or GHP or YOU seem to understand is... THIS... IS... OPEN SOURCE!!!! No one "steals" anything, If you can make a better wheel do it. *looks at Evol and LoF*
If you notice everyone has Players, GMs, Admins & Devs except YOU. Accept responsibility for your actions, improve yourself as a person and move on.
All your doing now is falling further and further behind while we move forward.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

+1 Wushin, how dare the community add new and exciting content!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17987
Platypus
Newly Registered User

Re: Confused Tree's brother is up

Post by Platypus »

Edit by Cassy: split from viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18797&start=45

prsm wrote:
o11c wrote:Bots don't run on "it is better to ask forgiveness than permission". At the very least there needs to be a post in the private forum for approving that specific bot, just like we do for GMs who pass the polls.
TMWC, the C stands for committee. Most of us had talked about it in the game, I dont believe i saw you on line to discuss it with. Before you blocked him, who did you talk to? I was in the game when you did it, you didnt talk to me. I do believe the current GM team was nominated by the people to represent them, and police the game. A big part of our job is to catch bots, but I know you know that.

At the very most, in your role, you could have asked us to step in and act if need be. You acted out of turn, you are an admin and a developer. If you would like to act as a GM, get nominated. If you dont like the rules, get TMWC to officially change them. But please dont act the way you did, Platyna acted that way, and no one liked it.
Prsm
Stop making me a monster. I can't recall interfering with other GMs banning decisions besides giving guidance as I was GM lead. A propos democracy - it is now destroying this game, and people who imposed that already left because it became unbearable. So maybe stop repeating your politicians saying that democracy is great and think for yourself.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: CrazyTree Ban

Post by prsm »

i am truly sorry my memories of working under you platyna don't correspond to yours.
I did in fact dislike your leadership skills, but i never once called you a monster.
i apologize if you thought I meant in that way.

Prsm
Platypus
Newly Registered User

Re: CrazyTree Ban

Post by Platypus »

prsm wrote:i am truly sorry my memories of working under you platyna don't correspond to yours.
I did in fact dislike your leadership skills, but i never once called you a monster.
i apologize if you thought I meant in that way.

Prsm
Show me at least 2 examples when I ever directly interfered with your GM duties beyond a fair advice or a call from the community to take an action to solve conflict. Of course I hope we are not talking about setting rules and guidances as it was my duty to do so as a lead GM.