The official server flamewar topic

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: The official server-move flamewar topic

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Saphron wrote:just some things about licensing this particular server i don't understand and would like an explanation, please

there are graphic files which used gpl or gpl2 without +
how do you explain that it's used with server code that's partly gpl2+ and partly gpl3+ ?

i also remember reading that parts of code were just pure gpl2 which is not compatible with gpl3+ and now it seems all shall be gpl2+

also gpl2+ is compatible with gpl3+?
Code license and data file license don't need to match. The code is under GPL, which explicitly states that it doesn't care about what license the data is under. The data is licensed under a mix of GPL and CC, neither of which care about the license of the code that's using it.
Saphron wrote:p.s. i hope my post won't be used again to close the thread, i found that action very uncool
This thread will likely not be closed for several months.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

you wanna complain, I wanna complain! Only had these shoes 2 days and they are already ruined, chipped a tooth eating lunch and my back hurts!

You all know this is a game! Lets all take a chill pill and started playing again.

Any fool can argue, takes a bigger person to move on, so lets all move on.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

you wanna complain, I wanna complain!
I dont know why are you complaining that everyone else is complaining :p. i think the main purpose of this topic is that people will have a place to complain. its not about the server move anymore its about everything you are not happy with. it began with server move and now its about the licenses again and the power/control structure of tmw... probably wil continue with people complaining about their RL issues.
I think if you are not complaining you are going off topic :p.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

SriNitayanda wrote:
you wanna complain, I wanna complain!
I dont know why are you complaining that everyone else is complaining :p. i think the main purpose of this topic is that people will have a place to complain. its not about the server move anymore its about everything you are not happy with. it began with server move and now its about the licenses again and the power/control structure of tmw... probably wil continue with people complaining about their RL issues.
I think if you are not complaining you are going off topic :p.
Like dude, chill, you only read the first 2 lines, like totally didnt get my point, now i am bummed.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

prsm wrote:Like dude, chill, you only read the first 2 lines, like totally didnt get my point
Yeah sorry i didn't read it all i thought it was another grumpy post... :alt-8:
anyway i am happy all the **** is concentrated in one topic, it leaves the other topics more productive, also people who want to focus on playing/developing can just skip this topic. anyway Crush already said it in the begining of this topic.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

its all cool, many people dont get that we get 2 eyes and 2 ears , but only one mouth for a reason!

We gotta watch and hear twice as little as we speak.....

Thats just the dad in me! sorry folks, in the words of the master (forrest gump) Didnt mean to fight at your party!
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

lets all step back, take a breath .... its about the game, not that i have been a gm since 2011 or an admin since 2012 or a host since 2010. its about the game, point blank!

if your not moving the game forward your making it step back!

Having said that, we will always welcome you back, you are always a true player!
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

veryape wrote:
blackrazor wrote: Also as I understood it Platyna was offered a place in the TMWc but turned it down because she wanted the same old position she held before rather than the one vote that counts equal as all the others votes.

I am sorry that she didn't want to take the step down from the almighty throne and I think that all this flaming is only bad for the game. I would really love it if the contributors and devs could concentrate on making new content instead of getting caught up in this mess.
You underestood wrong. I do repeat: I was never offered any position in TMWC. I have learned that TMWC exists from a forum post, while being kicked out of my own irc channel and having all my powers removed. IT WAS ALL PLOTTED AGAINST ME ON A SECRET CHANNEL! This is how GPL projects are led and people capable of doing such things are not even worth to be met on a train stop.

Regards.
Lt. KLAG [24th.KDF]
Novice
Novice

Post by Lt. KLAG [24th.KDF] »

Platyna wrote:[...] I have learned that TMWC exists from a forum post,
while being kicked out of my own irc channel and having all my powers removed.
IT WAS ALL PLOTTED AGAINST ME ON A SECRET CHANNEL! [...]
I can't totally trust such a genuine naivety,
considering Poland is ranked number one on the scale of Worldwide Conspiracy Paranoia ...
ImageImage
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

Platyna wrote:
veryape wrote:
blackrazor wrote: Also as I understood it Platyna was offered a place in the TMWc but turned it down because she wanted the same old position she held before rather than the one vote that counts equal as all the others votes.

I am sorry that she didn't want to take the step down from the almighty throne and I think that all this flaming is only bad for the game. I would really love it if the contributors and devs could concentrate on making new content instead of getting caught up in this mess.
You underestood wrong. I do repeat: I was never offered any position in TMWC. I have learned that TMWC exists from a forum post, while being kicked out of my own irc channel and having all my powers removed. IT WAS ALL PLOTTED AGAINST ME ON A SECRET CHANNEL! This is how GPL projects are led and people capable of doing such things are not even worth to be met on a train stop.

Regards.
Ummm ... why is this quote being attributed to me? I never said such a thing. Maybe a typo in
tags? Certainly not from me.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Platyna wrote: You underestood wrong. I do repeat: I was never offered any position in TMWC. I have learned that TMWC exists from a forum post, while being kicked out of my own irc channel and having all my powers removed. IT WAS ALL PLOTTED AGAINST ME ON A SECRET CHANNEL!
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 95#p132395
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

Platyna wrote: I was never offered any position in TMWC. I have learned that TMWC exists from a forum post, while being kicked out of my own irc channel and having all my powers removed. IT WAS ALL PLOTTED AGAINST ME ON A SECRET CHANNEL!
If only it weren't for those meddling kids and their dumb dog?
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

Platyna wrote:You underestood wrong. I do repeat: I was never offered any position in TMWC. I have learned that TMWC exists from a forum post, while being kicked out of my own irc channel and having all my powers removed. IT WAS ALL PLOTTED AGAINST ME ON A SECRET CHANNEL! This is how GPL projects are led and people capable of doing such things are not even worth to be met on a train stop.

Regards.
Oh wow...just, wow. Are you really that paranoid stupid to think that anyone could possibly believe that hate trash you just spewed out?

You cannot honestly think that anyone still believes that you were intentionally left in the dark about this? So you didn't read your email, or read a forum post too late...that's your own damn fault. You cannot pin this on TMWC, it's pretty clear that they let everyone know what was going on. However, reaching you is next to impossible. That's why they left your server, because they felt that being to be able to reach the host on a consistent basis was worth more than trying to deal with you. Well that, and you are an overbearing, condescending, hate spewing woman who feels the need to shove herself onto a community and boss them around for your own entertainment.

Go back to your corner with your flying monkeys and be glad you have your own server to host for your 9 people who still think you are some queen. Here, your name means nothing more than a spiteful troll who can't understand when she has been kicked in the face too much.

You'd make a terrible Scooby Doo villian.

:alt-2:
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Frost wrote:
Platyna wrote: You underestood wrong. I do repeat: I was never offered any position in TMWC. I have learned that TMWC exists from a forum post, while being kicked out of my own irc channel and having all my powers removed. IT WAS ALL PLOTTED AGAINST ME ON A SECRET CHANNEL!
And?

Regards.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Platyna wrote:
Frost wrote:
And?

Regards.
I explain: You wrote you were never offered any position in TMWC.
Frost posted a link where you have been offered a position in TMWC, as GM.

What I don't like about all of this, is that to some people the TMWC look like bad people because of this.
I can tell you guys that they are very nice people.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy