The official server flamewar topic

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: The official server flamewar topic

Post by prsm »

at best, Platyna hosted the game, nothing more.

Madcamel also hosted the game, and he didnt own it, Microsoft i believe is out host now.
and they dont own the game.

And if you read her post she says the same thing!
Platyna wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 14:55 This data was given to me by users, I am responsible for them, when I say I do own this data it means I am solely responsible for it on behalf of the users. You fail to understand what OSS is. OSS not about stealing, it is about forking. If you don't Linux kernel management you do not steal Torvald's data and give it away. And I was a very good host. The service was stable and it did not disappear for two months like it happened with previous hosts. Without me TMWC would have nothing to steal as the game would be long dead. Data theft is data theft, no matter if the owner was good or bad.
Her wrong assumption is when she said users gave her the data! i never agreed to give her the data, did you? Where is the post on forums that users gave her the data? She made that up. She hosted like she said, and she assumed it was hers.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

The data never belonged to you or me, so it was not our place to give permission. I explained that.

There is a difference between a hosting service (microsoft, madcamel, OVH, SPI, etc.) and a game admin (Platyna, TMWC, Evol Game Admin Team, etc.). I explained that, too. Hosts merely allow the server to run on their property on behalf of a Game Admin, and generally charge a fee or some other consideration for that. Game Admins make the rules, "chop the hands" of transgressors, write the rules in the forums, etc. I'm sure you can see the difference. I certainly can. The two are not mutually exclusive, but they are not the same, either. There can be some overlap.

The Game Admin owns "the databases output by the server under their jurisdiction", not the Hosting Service. Although the Game Admin can provide both functions, they are not to be conflated with one another. Note that I clearly write "under their jurisdiction". Even if a Host provides a place for the server to run, it remains under the sole jurisdiction of the Game Admin who authorizes the Host to run the software outputting those databases.
Last edited by blackrazor on 17 Feb 2019, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

we agree to disagree! that's All.

I watched a netflix special on "Ted Bundy" last week. Some people
believe he was innocent .........

Your "strong argument" is poppy cock to me, just like mine is with you.

Prsm
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

This has nothing to do with Netflix or Bundy. You can call my argument names, but that is not much of a counter argument. I have clearly stated why your explanations are logically flawed. You have not done the same to mine. I understand your frustration. It must be hard, especially for a lawbringer (Game Master) to be in such a precarious position. I feel for you, I really do. I have no axe to grind and no loyalty to either the TMWC or Platyna. I'm not taking sides. I'm just calling it like it is, based on logic, fact, evidence, and data.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

if it would please you, i could write a 7 page response, with arguments and counter arguments.
which you would respond with an equally lengthy response, saying how wrong i was. I would respond
to your response and say how wrong you were ..... and it goes on and on and on.

I really have better things to do, its been 6 years!

You believe in Platyna, and her cause, I don't, But what i think doesnt really matter.

Its moved on .............

Prsm
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

I don't "believe" in Platyna or you, or in either of your "causes". It's not a matter of belief. I don't subscribe to "faith-based facts". You keep deflecting, but you offer no substantial fact based evidence to support your point of view. I cannot control that, but I will call you on it.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

you can reply to this. but this my last post to you! You seem to argue just to argue.
I have better use of my time, than to argue with a troll (internet reference).

My points were and are, valid and clear, the fact you don't understand them or disagree with them doesn't matter.

Feel free to insult, belittle me, speak how i am compromised, how articulate you are, and how I am not.
I really don't care, so get the last word in ...

Prsm
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

You obviously care; you answered seven times to me in the last few hours and two pages of this thread. If you really had "better things to do", then that would have not happened. However, all seven of your replies contained an abundance of hyperbole and a true scarcity of any real conversational logic. Most of your accusations say a lot more about you (and what you are seeing in your own behaviors), than about me and mine. That's not unique to you; it's a very human trait. We can all succumb to it, from time to time. Be well, and I hope for better from you in the future.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Because you are amusing. ;-)

WildX, cut the BS with board warnings, I never broke any forum rule, you want to ban me then ban me, and especially do not PM me if my PMs are disabled. :-D
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Platyna

You don't host this project anymore, You don't get to tell anyone on tmwc what to do.

Prsm
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

Hosts never get a say in such things. What you meant to say is that she doesn't Game Admin the project anymore. And that is only because she trusted the wrong people with access and her copyrighted Game Database files were stolen from her as a result, and are currently running here, against her permission. The forums, too.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

Platyna wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 15:57 WildX, cut the BS with board warnings, I never broke any forum rule, you want to ban me then ban me, and especially do not PM me if my PMs are disabled. :-D
Yeah, WildX did the same to me a while back. Oh, the delicious irony of getting sanctioned on a board that was heisted, by the heisters, for defending the victim. When I asked WildX, he said he did so because he was tired of hearing about all this and ashamed for those who saw it. My advice: stop trafficking in stolen data, and then your problem goes away. Keep it up, and it will follow you. It's very simple. Even this board's data, the posts, threads, users/passwords, were part of the heist. These were Platyna's threads, her board, her data output, on Platinum, run by her, as Game Admin.

Seriously, how hard is it for you guys to start fresh, with your Evol / TMW fusion, with a fresh player database and fresh forums where the copyrighted data output would legitimately belong to you?
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Thank you for your Opinion Blackrazor! Your opinion holds a special spot with all of us at TMWC!

Prsm
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

Let us judge each man by his actions. I'm not here for you, the TMWC, or Platyna. I'm here for the truth.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I didn’t ban you specifically because you didn’t outright break rules, I thought a warning would be much fairer since taking this flamewar outside of this thread isn’t against the rules but is still not acceptable and is disruptive for players who don’t want to be flooded with this same old stuff.

Do you guys know o11c and Frost haven’t been around in years? Who are you even fighting against. Even if we all agreed they were wrong, they’re not here anymore.

TMW Team member