It's on.......

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

It's on.......

Post by Merlin »

Hello. Some of you might remember me as Merlin, some of you might not. I stumbled upon The Mana World a little over 11 years ago. In January 2008 I constructed Diamond's Cove. Over the years I've done other things such as the crypt tileset edit of I's blockwall set that you now use in Evol. I'm a bit of a renegade and a bit of a rebel. My content creation process wasn't in line with the old G.H.P.......

They left you.

I am very glad thou that the Evol Project took on the continual existence of the original Mana World for the community that means so much from this great project that in it's self spawned games even greater then what they envisioned back in 2006. The resiliency of my fellow mana beings astounds me still to this day, no matter what the show must go on.

We all know that when we got down to how this game goes it's very long term. We also knew we had totally different server in the future. Really I am really proud of the community behind the whole thing.

When I found that things where in the state that they where in I immediately requisite my assistance to the merger project. I will continue those efforts to help with the evol/tmw merger. Any graphics I make as for full use and even special request edit for the Evol Project. As I stare at the blank cursor tempting my mind I must tell you this is the true inherent beauty of what has happened for all these years.

We have a game that survived everything and can make as many more as we want for ever. That is the reason why open source projects like The Mana World will endure in it's future servers. will merge with Evol and I help.
I however have my own game in mind "The World of Avalon"

((A lone archer or mage. ...Your not sure he has a class sits at a bench or desk it appears. There is a strange device in front of him. A glowing screen with an image of some sorts. It looks to be an image of some happy trees. He pushes a small metal tin away that appears to be rather old, perhaps as old as the wizard himself. You take in the whole of the environment and realize there are tools and contraptions all abound.
"I was wondering when people would wonder what I had made. I thought people might come here and see what I have saved and cobbled together after all these years.".))

I have a different look and feel to tmw while still trying to maintain some sort of resemblance to the original game. I'm pretty happy that evol took on the whole idea of seamless integration, however I really wanted to make my own attempt.

This is something even casual players of this game wonder about.

That is what lead to this living on. Evol. Ried was a player I talked to for days and what did she do........

She made a game that not only transpired on beyond the original project but persevered it as well.
A old mana friend of mine, "BaseballBoy", he now goes by the Handle of "BronzeEagle", and i use to test each others test servers for fun.

We ran into each other around after the debacle and figured we could combine our complimenting elements and create an unique mana world game.

http://forums.worldofavalon.org
https://www.worldofavalon.org
Spoiler:
Screenshot_2018-03-16_21-01-33.png
Screenshot_2018-03-16_21-01-33.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 3891 times
Last edited by WildX on 17 Mar 2018, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved large image into spoiler
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Knight
Knight

Re: It's on.......

Post by 4144 »

if you will have alive server, i can add it to servers list into manaplus.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Shouldn't be much longer and we will go live at least for testing. I just have a few things to finish up before we flip the switch.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Just want to stop by and say hi.
Screen shot testing the fall oak trees.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-03-21_21-39-05.png
Screenshot_2018-03-21_21-39-05.png (1.41 MiB) Viewed 3830 times
Screenshot_2018-03-21_21-30-59.png
Screenshot_2018-03-21_21-30-59.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 3830 times
MerlinX420