Question about eathena server from SVN

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Landon
Novice
Novice

Question about eathena server from SVN

Post by Landon »

Why is this copy of the server so buggy? You cannot trade, you cannot equip items, why does the SVN not have the Misc folder?
Landon
"Life is like one big screwed up Merry-Go-Round, I get thrown off but I get right back on"
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Question about eathena server from SVN

Post by Crush »

The reason for your problems is quite obviouse to me but you won't get any support from developers after trying to present stolen graphics as your work.
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4064
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Landon
Novice
Novice

Post by Landon »

If I was trying to present stolen work as mine, than I would have said: "This is work I created" "here is some work I made" I probably would have put my name on it. How do you know it was not a reference? how do you know I was not poking fun? You misinterpreted the post, there was no where in the post where I said: "this is my work" your accusations are humorous Crush. After the first reference I posted than I seen what "I's" motive of thinking was, than I snatched a NPC altered a little bit and asked the question: "Is this Copyright Infringement?" Now Crush I thought you was a stand up Guy until your comment, I supported you when everyone call you an A**hole behind your back, I tried my best to contribute to The Mana World as I could; and you call a person who puts a reference up a thief? People who know me knows that I am not a thief and if that is your "JUDGMENT" of me than I don't care.

Good Day To You
Landon
"Life is like one big screwed up Merry-Go-Round, I get thrown off but I get right back on"
Sertraline
Novice
Novice

Post by Sertraline »

It doesn't really matter if you stole blatantly or innocently posted references that were not your work. The majority of work posted there isn't explicitly stated as but implied and understood that it is the post author's work. When, as an exception, someone posts something that isn't their work, they almost always do explicitly state it to be so. You've followed the graphics subforum for a while now—you should know better.

In any case, I don't hold anything against you, and I'm sure a simple apology would go a long way for others.
Landon
Novice
Novice

Post by Landon »

Your right Sertraline, I am a man and I have no reason not to, So if I offended anyone by putting that reference up I apologize. I am here to help and not to offend and did not realize my reference would offend. here is a peace offering; this was designed by me and is not a reference.
Attachments
mytepee.jpg
mytepee.jpg (26.43 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
Landon
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Post by GonzoDark »

lol? :roll:

are you serious?

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

No pixel artist should ever look down on concepts.

Although conceptualizers should never be unclear about intentions upon presentation.

Offtopic and clear enough?
This message used to be meaningful.
Landon
Novice
Novice

Post by Landon »

Not bad for a Friday Night...lol thats when I am drunk; I don't even remember doing that, thanks for backing me up Rotonen when I was at my most vulnerable.
Landon
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

All the pixel art I've done start with a draft, most of them just lines and an idea, then you work around that idea until you get what you want, keep the good work, BTW my best ideas about coloring and shapes they come from my dreams yep I'm not even awake, like Bitan, birds and some other stuff I've done, in fact they look much better in my dreams, heh