ManaPlus - Former Official TMW Client v1.6.4.23

Development discussions for TMW's official client, alternative clients and client adaptations.

Knight
Knight

Re: ManaPlus - Official TMW Client v1.6.4.23

Post by 4144 »

Change log always at http://manaplus.org/changelog

fix: visual issue with used tiles from empty atlases.
fix: hiding deleted temporary skills.
fix: crash with wrong moving paths.
fix: loading commands in text command editor.
fix: quotes in some char gm commands.
fix: some packets.
fix: cross compilation issue. (by Helmut Grohne)
fix: dont allow buy items with amount 0 from market shop types.
fix: moving between slots by keyboard in character select dialog.
fix: sending talk request to npc from menu if npc have not unique names.
fix: split updateprotocol.cpp into parts for less memory usage in compilation.
fix: add possible workaround for realpath overflow.
fix: crash if read corrupted zip archive.
fix: disable errors "in cache other image" due false positives.
add: some new chat emotes.
add: extent chat /use command for support colors and use actions.
add: show warning in servers dialog if software mode selected.
add: gm revive button in death dialog if player have revive command.
add: shortcuts buttons icons by Guaritore. (disabled by default)
add: log libcurl errors into manaplus.log.
add: disable password from command line by default.
add: extend shortcuts bars skining.
add: use cache dir for game data files on Haiku.
add: enable images in updater window.
add: allow dragging by uneditable text boxes.
add: use more strict flags in asan/ubsan builds.
add: dont disable keyboard input in pincode dialogs.
add: play item usage sounds for all players around.
add: update packets.
remove: support for CILK plus.
remove: support for hercules plugin version 12 and older.
remove: text "Message" from message related windows.
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

Thanks for your reply !
here a little showcase :D
icon.PNG
icon.PNG (480.84 KiB) Viewed 7589 times
Regards
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
ksso
Novice
Novice

Post by ksso »

please update ported client at linux databases
here says that past year was updated to 1.9.3.23
http://manaplus.org/
but running 1.8.12.8 at debian
if you update from update option from the very client, does not do nothing

monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by monwarez »

Debian is not a rolling distro, so you don't get the latest release of the software(except for the security fix). You will need to update to debian 11 (Bullseye) to have manaplus 1.9.3.23 , or to use a secondary repository http://manaplus.org/repository
. It will be the same for all LTS (long term support) distribution.

Knight
Knight

Re: ManaPlus - non TMW Client

Post by 4144 »

ManaPlus will be not updated anymore with features for the mana world.

Because in tmw exists lgbt propaganda and discrimination for non lgbt people, and other devs refused to remove it or at least hide it.
I was already inactive for long time and wait for some kind of resolution of this issue, but look like nothing resolved.
Tmw servers in future will be removed from android ManaPlus version for avoid restrictions or ban.

What will be with tmw without ManaPlus?
tmw devs already created ManaPlus fork and add some bugs already. Actual ManaPlus look like will not works soon, because tmw devs adding features for deny ManaPlus to connect.

What will be with Evol Online?
I can run evol server, but don't have motivation and time to work on it alone.
Evol server plugin will not get public updates too.
Irc channels for evol restored and works.

GPL violation
Another issue with ManaPlus in tmw is GPL violation. They adding ManaPlus to steam, but this is not allowed for GPL software. They found way for illegally bypass restriction. Another steam issue because ManaPlus already added in steam by me but hidden due GPL issue.

tmw was nice game in past...

Actual ManaPlus and Evol Online channels in freenode irc network
#manaplus
#evolonline
#evol-dev

This is some kind of my last letter to this community.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

It's sad to see you parting, I wish you best luck in whatever you endeavor doing from now on.

However, I probably should correct a few misunderstandings which may require legal or staff knowledge to address, and are not immediately visible to our community.

4144 wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 21:06

Actual ManaPlus look like will not works soon, because tmw devs adding features for deny ManaPlus to connect.

We are trying to maintain backwards compatibility with ManaPlus v1.9+; They should keep working as long that ClientVersion is used in a sane way and ManaPlus does not purposefully break compatibility with what already exists. Of course, if it breaks by accident, we'll endeavor in patching the server or sending a patch to ManaPlus in order to maintain it working.

This being said, not all features will be supported and vice-versa. Therefore, while we (TMW Team) plan supporting ManaPlus (all releases) for as long as possible, it may be a partial support.

GPL violation
Another issue with ManaPlus in tmw is GPL violation. They adding ManaPlus to steam, but this is not allowed for GPL software. They found way for illegally bypass restriction. Another steam issue because ManaPlus already added in steam by me but hidden due GPL issue.

We are not violating the GPL license terms, although the current implementation is close to the border of what GPL software allows.

Here are a few links in no particular order which may be useful, explaining why we are legally allowed to.

The TL;DR is that only the Steam SDK is DRM protected, and you can lawfully use GPL software with non-GPL software as long that complex data structures are not shared. Otherwise, it would not be possible to run ManaPlus on Windows, and it would also be illegal to distribute Windows versions of ManaPlus.

Feel free to visit the Software Freedom Law Center IRC Channel (#sflc at irc.libera.chat) and inquiry if you have further legal doubts!
But send them an email if you seek for formal legal advise, as described on their website.

-- Jesusalva, The Mana World Admin

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

ManaPlus will be not updated anymore with features for the mana world.

Because in tmw exists lgbt propaganda and discrimination for non lgbt people, and other devs refused to remove it or at least hide it.

You mean whole TMW or just the TMWT? I'm playing since 2018 and never noticed such things. (Those should be prohibited by community rules I guess).

I was already inactive for long time and wait for some kind of resolution of this issue, but look like nothing resolved.

What made you believe to change things by being inactive?

Tmw servers in future will be removed from android ManaPlus version for avoid restrictions or ban.

Complains from Google's Play Store too?

What will be with tmw without ManaPlus?
tmw devs already created ManaPlus fork and add some bugs already. Actual ManaPlus look like will not works soon, because tmw devs adding features for deny ManaPlus to connect.

Is it possible to see where actually happens in code?

GPL violation

You think that overall advertising is compromising free software licenses too?

What do you mean with that?

Necromonger
Peon
Peon

Post by Necromonger »

What examples of such propaganda and descrimination in game you can give?

How you suggest to hide it?

tomminator
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tomminator »

Time to move on people, 4144 and the rest of the community have their disagreements, but it looks like our ways split here.

This is not a placeholder
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: ManaPlus - Former Official TMW Client v1.6.4.23

Post by WildX »

I just want to clarify something here, because it may seem to the community like someone is being pushed out over idelogical disagreements.

Every possible attempt was made to find a compromise with 4144, even when this meant compromising on things that some TMWT members felt they shouldn't even have to compromise on. Several ideas were offered for renaming the third/neutral gender offered by the client but none suited 4144. We offered to call it neural gender, call all genders "body types" instead, or any other way to make it seem less like what is considered "LGBT propaganda" in parts of Eastern Europe (from what I can tell this means anything that acknowledges gay and trans people exist). He never once allowed any compromise. His only way to resolve this would be if we called the genders male/female/hidden. To me personally it seemed like calling the third option "hidden" was the more propagandist thing to do, as it implies the game wants you to be either male, female or hide/conceal your identity from others. Anyway, it all came down to semantics. He wants to use specific wording and will not allow any variation. To me, as I've pointed out before, this feels like an excuse as 4144 had already lost interest in Manaplus and was probably going to leave us at some point. The fact that there are a lot of LGBT developers and that in general TMWT is a liberal, pro-LGBT environment, is something that always seemed to bother 4144 and this third gender situation seems like a way to make a grand exit from the project while letting us all know what he doesn't like about us.

I'm not saying all this as an attack on Andrei. I have seen him do amazing things for this community for many many years and I know for sure that TMW would not have come this far without him. Evol might have not even existed at all (sorry Reid, but you probably agree). He is without a doubt one of the most important developers in the history of TMW. His typical stoic attitude has always been something we all loved about him and joked about light-heartedly; in the end he has always been one of the most consistent, polite, responsive and unproblematic developers that I have ever known. WIth all that said, I wildly disagree with him politically. I and many others would have been able to move past that with the understanding that an international multicultural team like this will incour in these problems. It's sad that he did not approach this in the same way.

P.S.
I'm going to lock this thread. TMW's official client is now a fork of the client that is referred to here and a new thread will be opened for it.

TMW Team member