Dark Theme

Development discussions for TMW's official client, alternative clients and client adaptations.

Mikko
Peon
Peon

Dark Theme

Post by Mikko »

It's a darker version of the default manaplus theme, the color palette still needs work, suggestions are welcome.
dark.zip
(18.12 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Clort
Peon
Peon

Re: Dark Theme

Post by Clort »

I'm sorry if commenting on old posts is unwelcome here, but this theme is extremely good.

It's a simple dark alternative to blacknblack with two immediately apparent and major improvements:

• The theme doesn't use saturated colors. Gui elements in an rpg benefit from not competing with colorful saturation of in-game-objects This helps in-game objects exist in a different 'visual space' and 'pop' more to the eye.

• The theme corrects blacknblack's invisible inventory selection hilight, which is a serious problem because the blacknblack user cannot see which item is currently selected.

For this reason i renamed the directory dark to mikkodark1 and will submit to the manaplus git under issues, after testing a few days. If Mikko is around perhaps he can comment on naming it. I'd suggest something like melodark.

[EDIT]Things to improve:

• Server Text in chat windows is far too dark to be readable. Tab hilights could be more prominent to help user see when a new message has been received.
  • Right click context menu text still using blacknblack's deep-red. That's out of character.
  • Annihilated window text is offset wrong.

Loving it though...
[img]http://0x0.st/-A1C.webp[/img]
Am i blocked from linking to images?

Last edited by Clort on 17 Apr 2021, 18:10, edited 2 times in total.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Last active:
14 Nov 2016, 23:05

I don't think he is around... You may want to pm him which would send an email to him.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Clort wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 08:58

For this reason i renamed the directory dark to mikkodark1 and will submit to the manaplus git under issues, after testing a few days. If Mikko is around perhaps he can comment on naming it. I'd suggest something like melodark.

Please make sure to submit to https://gitlab.com/themanaworld/manaplus/manaplus as well.

We do not plan in breaking compatibility with M+ official version, but we have no plans of actively pursuing it either; Since dev teams went separate ways over some minor disagreement it is possible that M+ stops working with TMW in the future.

Clort wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 08:58

[img]http://0x0.st/-A1C.webp[/img]
Am i blocked from linking to images?

You're not, but unless you attach them, webp images won't be rendered. Blame phpBB for that one :p

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.