Event: Caution Avoids Despair (Test Server)

A section to post about events or discuss and organise new events.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Event: Caution Avoids Despair (Test Server)

Post by jesusalva »

Ask yourself: What's (maybe) the worst that could possibly go wrong when doing the migration from TMW Legacy to TMW Evolved?

Among all the possibilities, one of them is, "TMW Evolved not being able to handle too many players at once". Well, we know from Moubootaur Legends it can handle a dozen just fine, but what if there was more than just a dozen? :shock:

Caution avoids despair! While trying to set a new record on on TMW Evolved Test Server Online History, we will hold on the test server an event circuit and a tour by the most renowned bugs you could ever witness. This will be a relaxing afternoon!

Phase I - Caution Avoids Despair! Absolute Zero

In the icy heights of Nivalis... Cindy is in trouble, and this time, she will not be rescued.

For the first time in years, the Yeti will get the upper-hand on players. How long can you keep standing?

Last survivor gets the prize.

Phase II - Caution Avoids Despair! The Red Tears Sandstorm

In the heat of Tonori desert, a battle royale will happen. And all will be surrounded... by snakes??

Yes, a PVP in Snake Pit. Last talpan standing wins. Be very careful, now :lol:

Note: Players will be warped with safe mode. Do not move until the signal to start. GMs will remove the safe mode after that.

Phase III - Caution Avoids Despair! Bewitched

Do you remember a certain cursed cave...? Yes, that's right, an infinite candor run!
Last talpan standing wins!

Phase IV - Caution Avoids Despair! Where's Waldo?

During Phase IV, we'll broadcast the lore of a random NPC. You'll have to find the NPC and touch the GM Staff right next to it. First one to touch GM wins.

Phase V - Caution Avoids Despair! Winds of Calamity

To finish the event tour, we will go pay Zax De'Kagen a visit, and check out the fresh new bugs on it.
Will win the event, the MVP during the battle.

Your TMW Legacy Account has been copied on last maintenance. We advise logging in the test server before to fix hair and acquire missing magic skills. (like abizit)

Event will be cancelled if we fail to meet a minimum quorum of 22 (twenty two) connections, players alts and bots counted; And 5 (five) real players participating on it. (Obviously, because there is a top 5 reward)

Sunday, August 8th, 17:00 ~ 21:00 UTC

Reward(s):
- Shades, of any color
- An extremely fashionable Movie Cap
- A virus-free Carbon Gas Mask
- A powerful Enchanter's Amulet OR a Heart of Isis
- Reading Glasses, for the most cultured players among us
- ...10kg of Snowballs from the previous Christmas. And a Candy-Caned Anti-Grinch-Rifle 2020. And a Caramel Candy. ...Because.

Notes:
- Already claimed rewards cannot be claimed again.
- Cheating will be detected by the GM Logs. Cheaters will forfeit their prizes. This counts for any debug before and during the event.
- Whoever did the banner for this event should take classes on shadowing. Seriously.

Spoiler:

Phase VI - Caution Avoids Despair! Bonus Stage!

As I'm totally sure no one wants 10kg of Snow and I really need to get rid of that, we'll have a bonus phase - An Iilia run!

If there are enough high level players for that, anyway. It was not tested, after all.
We can play rock-paper-scissors afterwards and the loser takes all the snow home. :alt-7: Or whatever was not claimed. Which probably will be the snow.

Attachments
Event Title
Event Title
TMWCAD.png (172.72 KiB) Viewed 2077 times

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: Event: Caution Avoids Despair (Test Server)

Post by EJlol »

Ask yourself: What's (maybe) the worst that could possibly go wrong when doing the migration from TMW Legacy to TMW Evolved?

Migrating without burning down the legacy server, next to taking more than 10 years to migrate to a new server...

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

IMPORTANT (new players)

If you are using jak1 stable version of the client, or if you are using vanilla ManaPlus, 4144 has removed the test server from M+ serverlist.

Therefore you'll need to either upgrade to jak1's nightly version of the client, or manually insert it.

There are several video tutorials on how to "Add" a new entry on the server list, and poppet has also made a image with the necessary data you'll have to fill:

Spoiler:
Credits: Poppet
Credits: Poppet
Screenshot-2021-08-04-08-47-46.png (21.47 KiB) Viewed 1976 times

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL EVENT WINNERS

Winners per phase

1. Rill - Light Blue Shades ✔️

2. Xarxax - Carbon Gas Mask ✔️

3. poppet - Heart of Isis ✔️

4. Livio - Movie Cap ✔️

5. jak1 - Reading Glasses ✔️

6. HoraK - CONGRATULATIONS YOU GOT ALL THE SNOW :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ✔️

I hope everyone had a relaxing evening!
Except for the lag, of course