After level 99

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Dude
Novice
Novice

Re: After level 99

Post by Dude »

ok, why cant people stack with the normal client? As YayPunkROck pointed out, follow is part of the official client now....
Dude - lvl 99
...and yes I know where my car is.....
Mr Anonymous
Novice
Novice

Post by Mr Anonymous »

well i must be corrected then because i never used the original client. i dont catch up with these updates for it :mrgreen:

Regards, :twisted:
We are Anonymous.
we are legion.
we do not forgive, we do not forget.
we can be horrible, senseless, uncaring monsters.
we are still able to deliver.
Expect us.
Calmwind
Newly Registered User

Post by Calmwind »

First of all, the assumption that anyone who reaches level 99 is a bot is ridiculous, and insulting. Just because bots exist doesn't mean that everyone does it that achieves the higher goals, and to assume that is just not a good presumption.

Onto the topic,

The level cap in the server is 255, only the exp values to reach the levels after 99 need be filled in, which isn't very hard to do, and its because this isn't filled in (probably intentionally for now) that you cant level past 99. I believe the level cap should be 255, or 200. My reasons are as follows.. at level 99 you can only put two stats to 99 and one to 69, at level 161 roughly you can max all stats, after that you can still gain health and magic by leveling.. If you kill a monster you should receive experience and benefit of some kind, simple. People kill mobs to be paid experience, its basic, and since the client and server both support up to a 255 level cap, why not? I know and have heard of a lot of people that have multiple 99 chars, or a 99 and a 7x or 8x etc. Just make the experience requirements steep, and you can make 255 the ultimate goal grind wise. It's there and its easy to implement, more content, why not?
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

I would agree that just because you reach lvl 99 doesn't mean you botted your way there but from experience and actually knowing lvl 99 players many have botted at some point to get there. In a sense for most of these players it's equivalent to watching paint dry. It'll get done eventually so the best thing is to multitask whilst keeping an eye out. Within reasonable human patience, the same repetitive grind game play is enough that you can assume character ids that are quite new and are lvl 99 have botted to get there too.

Considering the combat rebalance work for the game engine has been scrapped having higher levels would continue gameplay for those wanting to see if having more stats points would balance things out. Bearing in mind that for the most part botting is commonplace to get to lvl 99 many would consider it a chore rather than a game to get higher levels.
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
Lt. KLAG [24th.KDF]
Novice
Novice

Post by Lt. KLAG [24th.KDF] »

DarkWater wrote:
Reid wrote:Try to hate botter and ghost player and love the game, I undestand who the game is more fun like that.
You can only call a person a botter when they are guilty of botting. Anything else is a insult.
Visibly we are still glued somewhere in the middle of the problem : what is that guiltiness feeling for ?
Anything necessary or just a cultural sequel ? ...
ImageImage
Calmwind
Newly Registered User

Post by Calmwind »

Acegi wrote:Bearing in mind that for the most part botting is commonplace to get to lvl 99 many would consider it a chore rather than a game to get higher levels.
Then they can simply chose to not go further? Why should that dictate whether others can gain exp at 99?
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

How about you have the choice of becoming a) an Undead Lich or b) an Angel of sorts or you get some Hero* prefix?
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

Calmwind wrote:
Acegi wrote:Bearing in mind that for the most part botting is commonplace to get to lvl 99 many would consider it a chore rather than a game to get higher levels.
Then they can simply chose to not go further? Why should that dictate whether others can gain exp at 99?
I'm on the fence for this idea mostly because on the one hand I'm lvl98 so new quests just for us would be nice. Also it would give newer players something to look forward to. On the otherhand, setting really high level quests might seem too far away for new players. Whilst this game is grind-heavy there's no reason to make everyone endure that just to do lvl200 quests.

Just in case you don't know the XP required from lvl98-lvl99 is 99,999,999XP (no exaggeration). Not to mention that to get half of the total XP in the game you need to be lvl97. After lvl97 you'll have to do the cumulative work (lvl1-97) that you have done before just to reach lvl99.

Personally, I would prefer that more is done for making the game more balanced or more interesting and interactive at the larger proportion of players aka mid level. If you have a look through the forum there are many things that could have work put in to improving or adding. Making even higher level quests just for a small proportion of people like me, well...I'd be flattered! ^^
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
whynotdad2
Peon
Peon

Post by whynotdad2 »

Acegi wrote: Just in case you don't know the XP required from lvl98-lvl99 is 99,999,999XP (no exaggeration). Not to mention that to get half of the total XP in the game you need to be lvl97. After lvl97 you'll have to do the cumulative work (lvl1-97) that you have done before just to reach lvl99.
The last 50% goes much faster than the first 50%.
Acegi wrote: Personally, I would prefer that more is done for making the game more balanced or more interesting and interactive at the larger proportion of players aka mid level. If you have a look through the forum there are many things that could have work put in to improving or adding. Making even higher level quests just for a small proportion of people like me, well...I'd be flattered! ^^
Agreed as i see most people seem to get bored between 60 and 70. Just lifting the lvl cap to 120 as other servers have done would keep the overachievers busy.
Calmwind
Newly Registered User

Post by Calmwind »

I'm just trying so say that after compiling my own server for script testing I first noticed that a GM in game can make themselves level 255 with a simple command, and I noticed there are benefits to gaining higher levels as in stat points up til level 161 (after that it doesn't matter because all stats will be 99 by then) but even after that health and mp is gained.

What I'm getting at is this is already a feature in the game, it's simply disabled.. so its not a fair comparison to say something like 'I'd rather have quests made, etc. The level cap can be lifted literally in a matter of minutes.

I did have a thought though, you mentioned that half of the entire experience you can get now is gained from 97-99.
Well it isn't true to say that just because half of the experience is gained between those levels, than the second half takes anywhere near as long as the first half. You've got stats on your side in the latter half which should reduce the time it takes by a lot.

If the cap were to be raised (just for the sake of when you kill something you get something.. fair is fair) the experience tables for 99-New lvl cap would have to be written, which is simple, so what about the idea of the levels after 99 being a fixed experience amount per level rather than the exponential nature of 1-99. Maybe the same or less than 98-99 level takes to achieve now.

If the cap were raised i would suggest that no quest implemented in the future require a level above 99 though, if not 97.
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

chaslinux wrote:How about you have the choice of becoming a) an Undead Lich or b) an Angel of sorts or you get some Hero* prefix?
tA does not support races
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

yourmistakes wrote:
chaslinux wrote:How about you have the choice of becoming a) an Undead Lich or b) an Angel of sorts or you get some Hero* prefix?
tA does not support races
Hello everyone,

About races: In someway you're right, but!
lf somebody can create client, which will support races (like 4144), it won't be hard to setup them on server.

cheers, Dark
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

You can abuse TMW-eA classes since there is such a concept as "class sprite" in RO.
This message used to be meaningful.
rootd
Newly Registered User

Post by rootd »

Can't the mana world implement something like nexus tk have. Quest grade 1 - 5 or something familiar?
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

There's this MUD I used to play (aardwolf) that has the option to remort once you reach the max level. There were multiple tiers that granted bonuses of various sorts. One way you could do that here would be to reset level back to noob, but allow players to take on two focuses or something. It sure would be wild :wink:
end of line.