[wip] 3D objects and playersprite render

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

[wip] 3D objects and playersprite render

Post by meway »

The purpose of this is for easy animation implementation I originally got this idea from kage, jaxad0127 and freeyorp. I than put the 3D file to use after speaking with Axltrozz. Anyone is free to use these files. The final output image is gpl. -Meway

The program used was Blender 3D Beta version 2.55
The file format is .Blend
Download: http://meway.webs.com/full%20figure.blend

Edit: fixed some grammar.
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (106.92 KiB) Viewed 3629 times
I came up with this with slight modification of the render by reducing the amount of shades and size.
I came up with this with slight modification of the render by reducing the amount of shades and size.
spritet.png (1.22 KiB) Viewed 3630 times
Last edited by meway on 17 Feb 2011, 15:17, edited 2 times in total.
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [wip] 3D playersprite render

Post by salmondine »

I'll give that a try, ty Meway
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

I messed with the colors a bit and outlining in this image. I find that it looks much better than the original. Fixes are a need to do thing when scaling down in ms paint :p
Attachments
sprite.png
sprite.png (1.2 KiB) Viewed 3594 times
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I am a bit sceptical about this. I don't think that rendered images will fit into our graphic style.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

:shock: hmmmm could be a start to some big things....

it may be eazyer in the long run to make it up of different parts ...)head,legs upper&lower, hands, feet ,and so on..)

-------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Crush wrote:I am a bit sceptical about this. I don't think that rendered images will fit into our graphic style.
it may help as a guide..imo -----skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Crush wrote:I am a bit sceptical about this. I don't think that rendered images will fit into our graphic style.
Can you be more specific? Cr1 style TMW style? Color issue? shading? perspective? lighting? To many colors?

I made the model, rendered an image, shrunk the image, Removed unnecessary shading, dyed the body to color, gave it eyes and saved it. These steps were very easy and now I have a color pallet to work off of and an easy to manipulate model.

Below is the pallet I used. It consist of 10 colors.

I need specifically whats wrong with the final output image so I can adjust it. Let me know if it looks off from the other graphics.
Attachments
color pallet.png
color pallet.png (194 Bytes) Viewed 3558 times
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

May this explanation help, this effort is not intended to be used as is in TMW, Meway's intention is to have a reference point for animation, but only to generate a shape and overall image not to be used as player set, also to easy the animations because 3d images once they are done they can be manipulated at will.

this means if Meway succeed creating a 3d image of the player set he can generate many different poses (and view) that the pixel art team can use to create new movements.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

AxlTrozz wrote:
May this explanation help, this effort is not intended to be used as is in TMW, Meway's intention is to have a reference point for animation, but only to generate a shape and overall image not to be used as player set, also to easy the animations because 3d images once they are done they can be manipulated at will.

this means if Meway succeed creating a 3d image of the player set he can generate many different poses (and view) that the pixel art team can use to create new movements.
bingo :mrgreen: ....what AxlTrozz said... :mrgreen: :wink:

----------skipy

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

As I've nothing against the technique used there, it kinda seems to me that the cgt model itself
has maybe the hips too large, and the shoulders too round.

Here is a basic example from wikipedia that I'm finding more balanced:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:Theil.jpg

Just my opinion thought.

best regards.
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

This was something I really wanted to work on once I finished up at university. I just finished today and got on the forum to see that you beat me to the punch. Meway, we gotta work on this one together. Now that I see a modified render with reduced palette and outline I am sure that we could make more than just a template. The only thing I needed to figure out was how to modify a palette in gimp.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

color select tool. Color fill bucket tool. Fill the shaded colors that look virtually the same. This should be easy if you set the opacity up a little. (manually fix outlines) By all means continue working on this please. I think it would be great.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: [wip] 3D objects and playersprite render

Post by meway »

using iru's tiles to texture an object I came up with interesting results. Have a look.

from this set.

I did not take time to align everything properly because it was a test :)
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Interesting stuff there meway. It would be kinda cool to use that to get 45% walls from some textures and the complex modelling of shapes to give a working base would seem to take some of the guess work out of modelling. I might have to go mess around with blender. XD
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Bump