Thief Stole My Loot

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
justindz
Peon
Peon

Thief Stole My Loot

Post by justindz »

Some guy named Lord Finegan followed me around for a while and tried to pick up loot from whatever I killed. I killed a Red Scorpion (first time) and he picked up some kind of sword it dropped before I could get it.

If you see this guy around, give him the cold shoulder. Very dissapointing to see someone ruining a perfectly fun game for other people.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

people ruin my real life too
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
justindz
Peon
Peon

Post by justindz »

A few games I used to play had a helpful mechanism whereby you had to take the loot from the corpse of the dead enemy. That way, the person who killed it (or did the most damage) had rights to the treasure first and could leave things for others.

A mechanism like that might help out. I don't like the idea that someone can just follow you around and wait for you to fight to jump in and take things at the end. Most people that group together are surprisingly good about sharing so it doesn't really have to be built in, even.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Dayne
Peon
Peon

Post by Dayne »

*sigh* why do people have to be so immature?
I love u Matt lol.
xand
Novice
Novice

Post by xand »

Right spoken....
I just can't understand why a guy steals stuff from somebody else.
It happened to me some times that I killed a monster, it dropped
something nice, and the guy seeing it clicked on it and took it.

And saying "you have to be faster" doesn't help. Normally the player
that earned the item is faster, but on that day I was playing with keyboard,
mouse out of reach and couldn't get the item fast enough. And
think of people with handicaps. You just have to hurt your hand
and can't use the mouse.

Then everybody could grab the item right under your nose and
you can't do anything about it...
criptos
Novice
Novice

Post by criptos »

you may.... PVP! : )

People are inmmature, becose they want, and they can..

How many time, in real life situation, we just want to kick sombebody ass, and we just need to put a big !@#$!#$ smile at our face... and say. No prob.

This is what make people stressing...

And sometimes being mean, is a way of dis-stressing... the bad part, is that the garbage of someboye is a tresure for someelse.

If my way to distress is to make someone stressing, the you have a vicious circle.

Again, you can make happy anyone. Maybe you could buy a 'mark item spell'...

Not everything must be do?s or don?ts... Options must be provided to the player, and money sould be useful for something.

An example could be to Buy a precharged 100 monster kill, Do not Loot spell. When I engage a monster, the spell is automagically applied to the monster, so no one other that the player killing the monster, can recover they?re items, you have 100 charges, some times you get the monster killed, other times not, but you can buy more of this spells...

So, if you DON?T want to have a gameplay style of being looted or to loot then SPEND some money... and let the players choose...
May the Source be With You
Dayne
Peon
Peon

Post by Dayne »

PvP is the answer to all @@#$# losers and babies lol.
I love u Matt lol.
xand
Novice
Novice

Post by xand »

Yes, and PVP everywhere brings more disadvantages than benefits.
Low level players = Easy target for bad guys...
criptos
Novice
Novice

Post by criptos »

Start low level players with no PVP flag, and let them evolve as the beast they have within...

For my experience, We all are assassins, some people knows it better than others...

Quoting James O bar:
Victims... Aren?t we all?

Anoter quote from u2.
A vampire or a victim, it depends on who?s around...

Also, some "paternally protection players' comes and protect low level players...
This is about MMORPH, no about having all benefits to kill what I want with out any risk.

Looting, PVP and Dead Penalty is being discussed rigth now...

I really think. A Goodness/Pervertion stat could be done. And punish from dead could be controlled by this, the amout of loss xp and stat decrease, the more "perverted" you are, the more retalation from the world you get.

Remember. Justice for one, means injustice for other, so as a world developer, we are more like a tool for the players, not gods to apply rules...

If the world they want to live, is full of thievery, player bloodshed and corruption, let it be.. that?s what players want, or if they behave well, they cooperate, then that?s the world they construct. Our coding, must be oriented to create the conditions, not to fix the conditions.
Dayne
Peon
Peon

Post by Dayne »

oo BTW not a bad idea Criptos
I love u Matt lol.
xand
Novice
Novice

Post by xand »

Not an offense to you criptos, but you seem to have an affection towards evil. ("go to NPC x, and retrive its head" ...)

Imo the kind of a creation draws people with the same ideas/ towards it.
If we are to create a friendly atmosphere, we will have a good environment.
so as a world developer, we are more like a tool for the players, not gods to apply rules...
Well, it's the developers who steer into a specific direction. And if looters, unfriendly and aggressive players don't find a platform, they
can't misbehave or might go somewhere else.
criptos
Novice
Novice

Post by criptos »

No offence taken.

I used to have a MUD, like 10 years ago...

And, as a player I try to be as friendly as I can, since I really SUCK playing games and I need a LOT of help :)

But when I was an admin, a good portion of the players likes to be mean, bad, abusive... And when you meet those player, you understan why, and there is another bunch of players, who enjoy being Good...

So, players must CHOOSE they're path, if not, there is no roleplay, there is no game... Is like playing Mario Bros instead a Massive Role Playing Game...

That?s why we should code the option, and put very few rules, and always, always listen to players...
Draicone
Peon
Peon

Post by Draicone »

I think other players shouldn't be allowed to see your (from npcs you've killed, that is) items for a certain number of seconds after they appear.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

Dayne wrote:*sigh* why do people have to be so immature?
Amen man

i say we have admins and mods in game also to ban people :)