Release the 0.5.x client!!

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Release the 0.5 client?

Post by Crush »

nmaligec wrote:1. will mob arrow attacks be possible in the new client?
These are already integrated into the 1.0 branch of the client. I don't know if it was also pushed to the 0.5 branch because I am only following the 1.0 version at the moment.
2. will this become the new official client that everyone will upgrade to?
We can hardly force people to update. In the past we were reluctant to use new features of a new client version when there was a large percentage of users which hadn't upgraded yet (based on the http user-agent string of the client logged by the update server). But in the long run we will urge everyone to upgrade.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Release the 0.5 client?

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

A bit of time has passed since the call for translators has been made for the 0.5 release.

Only the following issue is preventing us from release the mana client :
http://bugs.manasource.org/view.php?id=273

Is the release course expectable soon?

Best regards.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Release the 0.0.30 client!!

Post by Bertram »

Hi everyone,

The mana client version 0.5 has been released!

http://manasource.org/downloads

You can read the news to get to know what changed since the latest version.
It is now time to get us a 0.0.30 release with the shiny adamaix wood theme and a beautiful login screeny.

Best regards.
Kurtz
Peon
Peon

Post by Kurtz »

From discussions on irc after testing the new client it seemed to me that the developers were in favor of introducing some necessary functions for the game.
Apparently I was wrong.
The new client is fine to play a warrior or an archer and i am glad that there are no automation functions, but tell me how you think you can play a mage in places such as candor or the graveyard without spells shortcuts.
The functions of the client are unrelated to the real needs of the game and all people will continue (rightly) to use manaplus.
I wonder why you wasted energy in the development of this client if you persist in not wanting to face the reality.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Kurtz wrote:From discussions on irc after testing the new client it seemed to me that the developers were in favor of introducing some necessary functions for the game.
Apparently I was wrong.
The new client is fine to play a warrior or an archer and i am glad that there are no automation functions, but tell me how you think you can play a mage in places such as candor or the graveyard without spells shortcuts.
The functions of the client are unrelated to the real needs of the game and all people will continue (rightly) to use manaplus.
I wonder why you wasted energy in the development of this client if you persist in not wanting to face the reality.
I guess the ManaPlus developers could provide an patch for the original client - maybe they already have.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,
I guess the ManaPlus developers could provide an patch for the original client - maybe they already have.
The spell shortcuts are indeed very linked to the tA server gameplay.

The only ManaPlus developer is 4144 who has done an incredible work so far. If you can convince him to provide a patch. I may be able to apply it, taking care of making it enabled for the tA servers line only.

Thus, I'm not alone there, and I'd like to know whether the other devs are ok to apply such a functionality and explain why.
Again, I can do only one thing at a time, so be patient and don't hesitate to recall what I could have forgotten along the path. I'm only human. :)

Best regards.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When you use Mana Plus you are in fact using 0.0.30, because Mana Plus is based on the latest development version of the mana client and not on .29.1.

So all the "energy we spend on the development of .30" also goes into the mana plus client.

"The reality" is that it doesn't matter for the TMW developers if the users use the pure .30 or the .30 with 4144s additions (aka mana plus), as long as people stop using .29.1, because then we can finally use the new features like map backgrounds.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Will it work fine on mac too?
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Ali-G wrote:Will it work fine on mac too?
I guess, but I don't know if we still have an Mac-distribution-guy...
The last release was made 1,5 years ago (wth!?, thats what i call LTS :P) so maybe he died or went on ;)

BTW, our last slackware package was 0.0.26, whats up with our slackware loving overqueen ^^
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Bertram wrote:Hi everyone,

The mana client version 0.5 has been released!

http://manasource.org/downloads

You can read the news to get to know what changed since the latest version.
It is now time to get us a 0.0.30 release with the shiny adamaix wood theme and a beautiful login screeny.

Best regards.
Is there a way the new client can be added on the site under the 'downloads' section? I have a few people who are hesitant to download it, considering its not the official download
sexy red bearded GM
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi Big Crunch.

I can understand that and I know I have to package the official TMW software based on this source.

I'll post news here asap I've got something to show.

Best regards.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Bertram wrote:Hi Big Crunch.

I can understand that and I know I have to package the official TMW software based on this source.

I'll post news here asap I've got something to show.

Best regards.
Thank you Bertram
sexy red bearded GM
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi again,

I'm pleased to say that a temporary download link of TMW version 0.5.0 is available here:
http://dev.themanaworld.org/downloads/T ... -win32.exe

This link has been made in order to make early users able to test the installation process and provide feedback, but also aiming at updating the official downloads :)

Known issues:
- The app icon isn't the good one when starting (by activating 'Run The Mana World') at the end of the installation.
It is fine otherwise. This also won't be fixed.

Enjoy!

Best regards.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Hi Bertram,

thanks, works fine! :)

The "real" The Mana World server isn't default though.

edit: I don't get why the GermanTMW guys call it..."GermanTMW" :P
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi Matt,
thanks, works fine! :)
Great! :)
The "real" The Mana World server isn't default though.
Lol, unfortunately, the current system doesn't permit me to provide a default in the server list.

I hope to see the download links updated rather soon.