Login Trouble

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Annybodys
Newly Registered User

Login Trouble

Post by Annybodys »

Same prob here. Had an account some time ago a haven't logged in for half a year, now I get the message 'unknown ID'. Any change to recover my account Annybodys (must have been around level 60) except starting all over again?
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Re: Login Trouble!!

Post by bigglesworth »

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: Login Trouble!!

Post by Reid »

Removing annybodys
Look like gone..
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Re: Login Trouble

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Split topic from [here] as it was a different issue.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Annybodys
Newly Registered User

Post by Annybodys »

Oh great. So you cannot be seriously ill or something for maybe half a year even if you have been a really active player before? You get deleted without even being warned before? Excuse me but this is really annoying.
I was around level 60 and I don't have any motivation to start over again after all my rare items have been deleted with me.
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

@Annybodys, Congratulations on conquering your illness. If you do recreate your character, achieving levels is only a matter of time & rare items have been finding their way back into the game. Welcome back.
Annybodys
Newly Registered User

Post by Annybodys »

I don't think I have any motivation to start all over again and doing all the quests I had done before with friends that haven't been deleted. I really loved this game, but the thing with my deleted account had upset me too much.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Annybodys wrote:I don't think I have any motivation to start all over again and doing all the quests I had done before with friends that haven't been deleted. I really loved this game, but the thing with my deleted account had upset me too much.
Rules are rules, you havent been on for more then half a year so the account got deleted. you can always make new friends or do quests with older ones if they still play. There are quests you can do to level quicker as well, im sure players will help you if you ask nicely.

many people have had their account deleted and they came back no problem.

Enjoy

Regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Unfortunately the purging of accounts is necessary. The login server scales very badly with the number of accounts in the database. When the account database isn't shrunk at regular intervals the login server becomes so slow that it takes several minutes to log into the game.

Hopefully Manaserv won't have that problem because it uses a relational database for accounts storage instead of a flat file.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

The character server is the problem. We shouldn't need to purge again for a while.