HERE IT IS

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Bear
Warrior
Warrior

HERE IT IS

Post by Bear »

I got all that covered in this post

Continuation of mine :D

When the Mana Tree was destroyed, the world of Mana was seperated. In ancient textures, it is said that this had happened before. Gema, a organizeation of Knights, sought out to find a way to reverse the Dark Lords curse. After many years of failiurs,they instead built tunnels and warp points to gain access to other lands. Little did they know that doing so would allow monsters from other areas have access into their land. Shortly after the warps and tunnels were build, monsters infested towns and important buildings. The most feared infested area was called Traska Bay, once a place for honeymoons and vacations, is now a swamp with dark trees and aggressive monsters. Being so close to the Mana Fortress, Traska Bay was infested beyond repair. The people of The Mana World chose to ignore it. Having only a small number of towns left, the people of the Mana World were forced to forge an alliance. But knowing the Humans would forge an alliance, the Dark Lord created clones before he had died. These clones looked nothing like him but had his knowledge. These clones inhabited Thanos Castle. After a long while of battles and wars, the Mana Fortress could live no longer without the Mana Tree, so it crashed into the seaEdena which had broken the fortress down and created Mana Shards. Mana Shards, used in trades and armory repairs and refineing. After many years of silence, an alchemist from the northern regions appears whoes name is Gemma. Gemma made potions either for Damaging enemies or exceptional healing items. Having Gemma on their side, the Humans had a great advantage over the monsters. But after years of conquest, the monsters became immune to the potions and became stronger due to them eating the Mana Shards they found. And so, bring us to where we stand now...
Last edited by Bear on 28 Aug 2004, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

yeah, way to go. i really like it. though i think we should think of an connection between yours and mine. like yours is now, mine is the past but inbetween there are a couple of clearing sentences missing, eh? :wink:

in ayncase, keep it up! great work!
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Yes I like it, even if I don't know if we can use the mana fortress (it's copyrighted?). And I agree with Alex, you should mix the 2 stories. I'm sorry I can't help none of you in this task, I've a big lack of imagination I think... :( Only some suggestions :idea: :
- As I've already said remember it's an MMORPG we need a brilliant idea so that everyone doesn't have the same mission :arrow: In my opinion we could make a common story and then, lets say 10 different stories/missions and everyone gets a random one at the beginning.
- Don't know how many people will read the whole story (many of them will go directly into gaming) so as you should already know story has to be the more attractive as possible.
- Please be original, also if the story should have a SoM look, don't be scared to completely rewrite something. SoM it's not the best (maybe), we have to do even better! :evil:

Nothing left to say except GOOD WORK everyone!
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Combination.... not final

Post by Bear »

heres the combination of storys! ermm hope it makes sense tho :l

Several milleniums ago the world trembled in fear of a dark force. The
people endured it several decades by barricading themselves in their
cities and villages. Scared by a breed of thousand of monsters they
led a life and learnt to accept their fate. Countless moons after the
last rise of the rebellion was knocked down a boy was born. Not knowing
he was going to play the most important role a man could ever play he
grew up in a small village playing with his friends, in the small world
they had left.

One day, at the age of 19 he was sitting nearby a waterfall along with
a couple of other boys from his village. They sat tattling about the
girls as if nothing could break their happiness. Suddenly he heard
the voice of the sword of mana which was tucked in a stone nearby. As
soon as he stopped talking, trying to listen closely... again the voice
spoke to him this time louder in combination with a bright flash of
light. The others ran away scared while he still sat just like he was
glued. Later he went to pick up the sword and was told that only he could
ever restore the sword's power in order to save the mana tree and so
the world. Not believing in his fate he returned to his village were he
was immediately called by the chief and banished from his village for
taking the sword of mana, which was - so the story goes - the last
know measure to stop the monsters from entering the village. A long
time passed an noone ever heard anything about him or his quests.

Soon after the war was over a rumor started about a young boy and his
companions fighting successfully against the dark forces and so saved the
mana tree. The story was told again an again and it grew into a legend...
A legend of which many parts have been forgotten...

Until recently, a dark lord appeared, a decendant of the Dark Lord of the past, Thanos.
This dark lord anctious to avenge his father, cursed the world of Mana with the stain of his Soul. By doing so he destroyed the Mana Tree.

When the Mana Tree was destroyed, the world of Mana was seperated. In ancient textures, it is said that this had happened before. Gema, a organizeation of Knights, sought out to find a way to reverse the Dark Lords curse. After many years of failiurs,they instead built tunnels and warp points to gain access to other lands. Little did they know that doing so would allow monsters from other areas have access into their land. Shortly after the warps and tunnels were build, monsters infested towns and important buildings. The most feared infested area was called Traska Bay, once a place for honeymoons and vacations, is now a swamp with dark trees and aggressive monsters. Being so close to the Mana Fortress, Traska Bay was infested beyond repair. The people of The Mana World chose to ignore it. Having only a small number of towns left, the people of the Mana World were forced to forge an alliance. But knowing the Humans would forge an alliance, the Dark Lord created clones before he had died. These clones looked nothing like him but had his knowledge. These clones inhabited Thanos Castle. After a long while of battles and wars, the Mana Fortress could live no longer without the Mana Tree, so it crashed into the seaEdena which had broken the fortress down and created Mana Shards. Mana Shards, used in trades and armory repairs and refineing. After many years of silence, an alchemist from the northern regions appears whoes name is Gemma. Gemma made potions either for Damaging enemies or exceptional healing items. Having Gemma on their side, the Humans had a great advantage over the monsters. But after years of conquest, the monsters became immune to the potions and became stronger due to them eating the Mana Shards they found. And so, bring us to where we stand now...
Last edited by Bear on 30 Aug 2004, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

I like this one too much, let's wait for the others' opiniion and then I'll put it on the web site
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

EHEM....Killer Rabite invasion...

Post by Bear »

image speaks for itself :D
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

is this real footage of a tmw session? weew.... no comment... :shock:
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Wow at least 180 rabites in visible range, eheh Bear stop playing with your server :lol:
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Another Story -_-

Post by Bear »

Many years ago, a Mushroom resided along the river of Galdo. This Mushroom was one of the few monsters created by the Mana Shards. Being a creation of the Mana Shards, he had no purpose in his existence. After residing in the same riverbed for many years, he decided to visit the nearest village, Pato?s Village, There he went in disguise as a giant fungus near a well. Day by day he watched the Humans run and play around his well. Slowly he started to understand the meaning of Human existence. After fully understanding the Existence, he understood his own, to make a bridge between Monsters and Humans. After a year at the old well in Patos Village. He returned to Galdo Lake in search of what had made him. Slowly he became tired of what he did. Going to a small opening in the Galdo Forest, he laid four Mana Shards on the floor and buried them next to a Mushroom much like himself and left for a journey to the famous Spirit Temple. At the Spirit Temple, he slept for two year. Being very old by the time he awoke, he could not move anymore. Human children began to taunt and attack him daily. On the third month, a group of mushrooms much like he had gone to save him. When he was saved, he was brought to Galdo forest. There he discovered that the four Mana Shards he had placed there had formed a magical forest of Mushrooms. Being the creator of the other mushrooms, he was given a throne room in a large castle made of clay and sticks. One year after he passed away, an opposing mushroom came to claim his throne. But a few good mushrooms fought off the offenders and returned peace throughout the area. Till now a statue of King Truffle as now they called him is still watching over his kingdom.

The offending Mushrooms began attacking people hopeing to gain land.
Nevilytis
Peon
Peon

Post by Nevilytis »

I wanna play.... I wanna play