Bugs Report

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Bugs Report

Post by Alige »

Hello people, while updating wiki items, I saw that you made several mistakes in it:

Wooden Staff

In item_db.txt it says Weight: 1000 and Damage: 50
However on git it says Weight 10 and Damage 25

Rock Knife

First why is it +3 Vitality if we can't equip shield with it? Moreover it is a knife... Change it to a 1 handed weapon please.
But here, the git and the item_db.txt are the same, good :)

Others...

I would to suggest to change stats bonus between Terranite armors and Fairy Hat + Forest Armor -> this is none sense too... Put +3 in dex for the terra chest and +3 luck/agility for the terra pants and nothing for the terra helmet. And change the forest and fairy armors too!! Forest Armor -> +1/+2 Dex, Fairy Hat -> +1/+2 Luck but not more because anyone can have huge amount of damage with this equipment with bow. Example me with forest armor and fairy hat: up to 378 damage and I could do way more... (other arrows, potions, increase luck, etc...)
Ghis
Newly Registered User

Re: Bugs Report

Post by Ghis »

Hi all,
I agree about the bonuses conflict between forest and terranite armor, although I'm happy with forest armor at the moment. :P
Thanks anyway for all the good job !
I just wanted to report a mapping bug seen in the southest part of Nivalis (sorry if it was reported before) :
Attachments
Squirrels (and other mobs) can't be reached in the single square behind the rock
Squirrels (and other mobs) can't be reached in the single square behind the rock
HiddenSquirrel.png (243.01 KiB) Viewed 1674 times
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Hehe look like I did a little mistake... ^^' Use #frillyar :twisted: :roll:
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Reid wrote:Hehe look like I did a little mistake... ^^' Use #frillyar :twisted: :roll:
There is a good way to spot these mistakes in Tiled before committing the map.
1. zoom out until the whole map fits on the screen
2. hide all layers except collision
3. select the flood fill tool and the collision tile
4. click somewhere in the walkable area

Tiles which are still not red are inaccessible. Press undo and fix them.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Another important bug that I just fixed was that the terranite helm icon was 19x26 pixel and not 32x32. I changed it and centered it and gave the icon to Wombat.

Other important thing: on items.xml, we see "Grimace of Dementia" and on item_db.txt we see: "Dementia Potion"... could someone fix that? Other thing too about this item: weight is 50 on items.xml and 10 on item_db.txt... -> needs to be fixed also please (10 is pretty good i think instead of 50...)

Rock knife will be changed to 1 handed weapon we told me... but could you change also its weight please -> this will make people use it more often + more sensed because a knife does not weights 5kg... Try to hit someone with a 5kg weight! haha. :mrgreen:

another one too: on xml -> ice cube weights 10g and on item_db.txt it is 1...
Could we please tell me how to patch these 2 files or even better, could i have permission to update them directly on git?
pateame

Post by pateame »

On last update I think there's some bugs aroung "Yeti".
Now it moves too fast (I dunno if is some .XML or mob_db value), but it looks quite bizzarre.
Some frames are missing on attack animation (it should attack with both hands) and walk animation.
About the idle animation, it looks like a hyperactive monkey jumping between 2 frames :P .
Here is a different monster-yeti.xml I tested on my server:
http://tmw-content.pastebin.com/cUki89zn

I think will be better to draw new idle animations on Moggun and Yeti, as blinks or similars instead of recycle current frames on it. Also some graphic errors are still on current spritesheet:
I just feel surprised to see how fast this concept was published without consider some quality control on it. I feel responsible, but not obligated to finish this work. Feel free to fix it if you want.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

pateame wrote:On last update I think there's some bugs aroung "Yeti".
Now it moves too fast (I dunno if is some .XML or mob_db value), but it looks quite bizzarre.
Some frames are missing on attack animation (it should attack with both hands) and walk animation.
About the idle animation, it looks like a hyperactive monkey jumping between 2 frames :P .
Here is a different monster-yeti.xml I tested on my server:
http://tmw-content.pastebin.com/cUki89zn

I think will be better to draw new idle animations on Moggun and Yeti, as blinks or similars instead of recycle current frames on it. Also some graphic errors are still on current spritesheet:
I just feel surprised to see how fast this concept was published without consider some quality control on it. I feel responsible, but not obligated to finish this work. Feel free to fix it if you want.
i or some one else will fix the pixel-bugs ....
([REQ] to anyone up for doing it or ill fix when im done with other pixels)
----skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana