[REQ] Tag and Finish the grass tileset

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [REQ] Tag and Finish the grass tileset

Post by i »

Bertram wrote:News of the grass tileset, and the diagonal walls missing to complete the academy outdoor map?
Diagonal walls: WIP, takes more time than I suspected.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

Thanks for the news.

Have a nice day.
IvanMorve
Novice
Novice

Post by IvanMorve »

Bertram wrote:Hi,

bump!

News of the grass, and the diagonal walls missing to complete the academy outdoor map?

Best regards.
Hello,
Nothing much done on the grass... (last version here)
But I won't work on this grass anymore. It doesn't fit CR1 style. Maybe we should have something more realistic...

For now,I will take some more breath of fresh air out of tmw...
See you in some weeks/months/later. :D
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi Ivan,

I hope you'll be fine while being away. wish you best luck for what's next.

Reid has done some great stuff based on your work. I you ever have time to, ask her.

Best regards.
IvanMorve
Novice
Novice

Post by IvanMorve »

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Good idea to crosspost on wayofthepixel.net, by the way. This gives us some additional constructive criticism and some public exposure without shoving explicit advertising down anyones throat.

Posting your work in other communities while casually mentioning the project you are making it for is something every contributor should do from time to time.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
IvanMorve
Novice
Novice

Post by IvanMorve »

Actually, I posted this WIP in pixelation forum and not here because I didn't considering myself as a part of this project anymore.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I think I found one of your workseets that got posted somewhere. Your grass is really awesome and your making all the possible transitions needed that I could ever think of. Once a tmw contributor or dev your always part of it. It's like the mafia once your in it your in it for life. XD The grass I seen on your worksheet is WAY more realistic then then one you posted here even thou that is still very nice in it's self. Rome wasn't built in a day and well neither was TMW or the CR1 project don't feel "out" of it because your not getting stuff done fast. Take your time with your tiles. Crush had a good point about posting work on other sites. Not only can you get some good advice but it's a way to shamelessly advertise our project to people who might be drawn to this sort of thing. I would upload a preview of the grass and dirt you did but it's on a HUGE worksheet and I figure you'll show it when complete. You really nailed it thou. You even made some less dense grassy areas that show more dirt below. VERY realistic and the colors are dead on IMO and it would a wonderful set to map with.

In general I'm sorry I bruised someone's ego by complaining about the quality of the grass that was going to be used. I was told to be harsh about my critique for CR1 material. They say the squeaky wheel gets the oil and well now there's a few better grass textures available. I'm not going to refrain from harsh criticism because someone might consider it "dis-respectful". I would expect the same of my own work even for eA and if there's something I do that looks like garbage I most likely already agree with it.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?