General Content Development Team

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

General Content Development Team

Post by Wombat »

Jenalya, Argul, nmalegic, alastrim and myself are on the General Content Development Team. This team works with the git repositories. We are involved in most of the process to get finished content (scripts, maps, spells, skills, equipment, items, monsters, particles, NPCs, etc.) into the repositories and ready for administration to put in game. We also work on scripting, bug fixes, tools, experimental monsters, playtesting, reviews and various other tasks. We make no claims to be perfect, but those involved in this team do try to do well on getting as much content into the game in a way that is appealing to the eye, enjoyable, balanced and correct.

Many things for the game are going to continue to change, sometimes it will be enjoyable, sometimes it will be more of the same and sometimes it will be tough to get used to. We do this to enrich the game and make it possible to continue to grow towards consistency, balance, playability and long term enjoyment.

Things to come (things to dread): Monster rebalance, equipment rebalance, equipment tiers, scripts based on crafting or questing to increase equipment tiers, item cost rebalancing, weight rebalancing
Current character is "Abolish".
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: General Content Development Team

Post by Bertram »

Thumbs up :wink:
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I'll be happy to help with testing any of the rebalancing, fyi.
sexy red bearded GM
Kandiman
Novice
Novice

Post by Kandiman »

I've worked with Jenalya in testing some content before and am happy to help further testing if desired. I can't offer a lot in the way of scripting or art currently (I am trying to learn :? ), but I am able to proofread scripts for spelling and grammar.

As a side note, a great big thank you to the whole team for all the hard work. The recent updates (aside from a few little bugs) have been wonderful!
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I will do my best helping wherever I can. For example in the wiki, in some of the pixel art work, in xml (learning quite fast) files, helping new people, etc...
Keep it up people!