[REQ] Thermin Art

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

lien
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [REQ] Thermin Art

Post by lien »

Another NPC concept... In the steam punk vein.
not shaded...if it is liked I will finish it.
Town Alarm guy...whatever
I really like the Machinery.

But there is too much gray. (IMO)
so, I have done a version with colors less "gray",
with more destroyed and broken part (it is steam punk :wink: ).

maybe better ? :?

Lien ...
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

lien wrote:Image maybe much better?
Yes much better but it looks like its melting...
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Few pixels to fix but for me it is good.
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

fast raw model for the dwarfish thing needed... As concerns about the name where here I gave it a completely new name...

So I proudly present the NORGLE
norgle2.png
norgle2.png (1009 Bytes) Viewed 11226 times
it is yet without real shading. i just wanna know for a starter if you guys like the idea.
chose the green skin color as they are living dunno in an earthy woody environment, don't they

EDIT: darn is that thing small... i guess i will make it a bit bigger, so it has a good size to be a npc
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

Very nice, I was in the middle of it but this was rivet detail

*Door handle missing. in other shading version...good luck.
You guys seem to have this under control...

[rant]
I have not heard a word from the mapper of this area, that I know of, so posting stuff without feedback...
well I post a concept...wait...someone else who maybe knows the mapper....idk finishes
a piece I am waiting to hear if it fits in...you know so I can finish it.
Meanwhile,
Making all sorts of judgments about concepts that are only that...Concepts. concepts show only components...not ANYTHING else.

This has to change, without mapper feedback, it won't. It's simply rude to ask [REQ] and then ignore.
Just as rude to redo a waiting concept...Don't get me wrong its great work...but still.
you will never see the finished piece I started.
Worse still IMO to hyjack [WIP] without asking...I mean we have forum PM's and IRC
[/rant]

It not as only as meway suggests in thread..."why can't I get my stuff into game" that make people not pixel here.
I suggest: Rather that they are often not allowed to finish.
I'd rather see my own " FINISHED" work accepted or rejected....
and liscenced GPL if accepted...TY
Last edited by salmondine on 26 Jan 2011, 22:36, edited 2 times in total.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Personnaly, i prefer without the handle on the thing... However, great job!
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

personally I have a ton of other details on an unfinished concept waiting for a mapper to respond that now don't fit the pallete.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

salmondine wrote:Very nice, I was in the middle of it but this was rivet detail

*Door handle missing. in other shading version...good luck.
You guys seem to have this under control...

[rant]
I have not heard a word from the mapper of this area, that I know of, so posting stuff without feedback...
well I post a concept...wait...someone else who maybe knows the mapper....idk finishes
a piece I am waiting to hear if it fits in...you know so I can finish it.
Meanwhile,
Making all sorts of judgments about concepts that are only that...Concepts. concepts show only components...not ANYTHING else.

This has to change, without mapper feedback, it won't. It's simply rude to ask [REQ] and then ignore.
Just as rude to redo a waiting concept...Don't get me wrong its great work...but still.
you will never see the finished piece I started.
Worse still IMO to hyjack [WIP] without asking...I mean we have forum PM's and IRC
[/rant]

It not as only as meway suggests in thread..."why can't I get my stuff into game" that make people not pixel here.
I suggest: Rather that they are often not allowed to finish.
I'd rather see my own " FINISHED" work accepted or rejected....
and liscenced GPL if accepted...TY
i would have to agree with your [rant]...its vary hard to work on some thing that you dont know where or how its placed on a map or the colors its going to be around...
and redoing a waiting concept without asking is a bit rude ...it would be nicer to ask first or make one from scratch ,and who knows, if 2 deferent npc's look good both may be used....i cant say i have not hyjacked others work and edited them to try to make them better (thinking of "candy man" npc that lien had made[sorry if that was wrong of me to do lien] ).....we need to wort together and the only way to do that is to -->communicate<--....

now the npc,

i like this one the best so far and looks close to done imo ...

and cant wait to see it FINISHED..

----skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Build the sets to be compatible with the snowland village tilesets. This will be the only steampunk themed town, so adding things for exterior and interior that would make sense is great. Exterior objects would probably benefit from a little snow, NPCs that are meant for the outside could use some winter clothes.
Current character is "Abolish".
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Here are the 2 different versions but few things were fixed.
The fact that they are different (the handle, the color, the melting form, etc...) make them usable at different places.
I do agree that someone needs to choose between these 2 and add snow.
Attachments
Inside.png
Inside.png (5.62 KiB) Viewed 11188 times
Outside.png
Outside.png (3.79 KiB) Viewed 11188 times
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

ok I get the message...I'll stop posting art in forum ty
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

salmondine wrote:I have not heard a word from the mapper of this area
Is there even a mapper for this area yet?

Wombat, did you already choose which tileset to use for this area?
skipy wrote:and redoing a waiting concept without asking is a bit rude
I don't think so. You are working in an Open Source project here. The open source philosophy encourages collaboration and improving the work of others. Insisting on personal ownership of work is a proprietary software mindset.
skipy wrote:(thinking of "candy man" npc that lien had made[sorry if that was wrong of me to do lien] )
No, you did exactly the right thing. Someone acting on the feeling that you can make something better than those who did it before is the beginning of every great free software project.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

salmondine wrote:ok I get the message...I'll stop posting art in forum ty
Please continue to post art in the forum. Deviated interpretations on how a piece of art can look can create a synthesis art that takes a step forward. Even if it goes away from the direction desired and isn't used, it may be taken later for future art that hasn't been considered yet. I do revisit the old forum threads looking for art that could use touch ups and have brought up "fix it" threads before, even for art that was initially not used or rejected. In other words, who knows what we will be thinking in 2013 about where to go with the game, so keep up the attempts.

For communication, might I suggest more [DIS] threads like what meway brought up that involve not just developing art consistency, but how people like to work together, how to make sure we aren't stepping on each others toes or walking over each other, how to make art move from the forum to the game faster and so on.
Current character is "Abolish".
lien
Warrior
Warrior

Post by lien »

some(lots :mrgreen: ) NPCs here. some are already in game, or some will be in game soon because the script is almost ended.
anyway, here they are:
so pick-up who you want.
also the "doug/mike/vincent" one is dyable with some/lots channel, I think, that'd be nice to redye NPC for have anytime lots of same NPC (imo).

Lien...
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

I rather call "stepping on peoples toes" taking forward an initiative. If you have an idea that you just thought of you don't want it to slip away do you? Some people right it down before they lose it. Some peoples "toes" give others idea's or a base to stand on. So other peoples toes are important. Are we all standing on elven programmers toes? Like crush said there is a reason this is an open source project. I'm sad :( to see people are not understanding this.

The shading on the melting look IMO is not very good. If it was more of a texture it would be acceptable.