Warrior set

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

stava
Novice
Novice

Warrior set

Post by stava »

Well today I was bored. So I decided to come check these forums since I haven't in awhile.
I had idea to make this warrior set, even though last time I decided not to pixel anything for TMW..
Well heres the picture.. Helmet, Body, Legs, Shield and Weapon..
Attachments
warrior set.png
warrior set.png (3.96 KiB) Viewed 4461 times
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Warrior set

Post by Crush »

Looks really cool IMO. We can always use new armors. But capes are problematic because capes are a part of the chest armor which is always drawn above of the leg armor. This means you will see graphic errors when a character wears a cape together with a leg armor with a different silhouette than the one it is made for (skirts, for example).
even though last time I decided not to pixel anything for TMW..
why that?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

@Stava: I like this new approach of the quality of the gear, ImageI'm glad you are back and willing to work, don't worry about the cape, I'm pretty sure that the content managers can handle that, for example, you won't be able to use the armor if is not complete as part of a quest, and if you sell one part the rest won't work and issue is resolved.

Go ahead and do it, this is looking very good.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i like the idea of a full stand alone sets..(all or nothing set) ...
the cape looks good and if this will be a stand alone set then it will fit nicely..

really like the look of the -------------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
stava
Novice
Novice

Post by stava »

Crush wrote:Looks really cool IMO. We can always use new armors. But capes are problematic because capes are a part of the chest armor which is always drawn above of the leg armor. This means you will see graphic errors when a character wears a cape together with a leg armor with a different silhouette than the one it is made for (skirts, for example).
even though last time I decided not to pixel anything for TMW..
why that?
Thanks.
Well I stopped pixeling because too much people accused me for art stealing.

Thanks for support guys, I'll work on the sheets soon and I'll post my progress.

Could anybody give me a link to sprite sheet I use or post a picture? I don't really know what sheet I am supposed to use..
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

@Stava: you have it in your computer, just open you TMW client and the charset spriteset is there, open in Gimp, create a new layer on top and you can draw on top of the very player set.

Regards
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

AxlTrozz wrote:@Stava: you have it in your computer, just open you TMW client and the charset spriteset is there, open in Gimp, create a new layer on top and you can draw on top of the very player set.

Regards
No, it's a bit more complicated http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =13&t=2617
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Crush wrote:
AxlTrozz wrote:@Stava: you have it in your computer, just open you TMW client and the charset spriteset is there, open in Gimp, create a new layer on top and you can draw on top of the very player set.

Regards
No, it's a bit more complicated http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =13&t=2617
Thanks Crush.

@Stava: Just follow the steps in that thread to get the current player spriteset, create a new layer on top and work over so the armor would fit perfect.

Regards
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I don't remember who referenced me this but it was from a corpse thread dig while looking for stuff. It's a dirty attempt at the cloak and it works well enough imo once that white line around the cloak is cleared up but it should really be fixed to be dye-able.
Attachments
Savior's Plate.png
Savior's Plate.png (111.42 KiB) Viewed 4188 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

savior armor is lacking a female set, which is why it hasn't been added iirc.
Current character is "Abolish".
natsuki3
Novice
Novice

Post by natsuki3 »

very good job stava please dont stop working with TMW and dont worry about what the people say , only stay doing pixelarts :D
Its blue like the sea.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

as much as i like the savior armor - it does not fit due to layering problems (will not fit other leg armor-sprite sets[see png])..
the only way i see this working is if it can cover the legs and work as 1 piece sprite-sheet rather then 2 piece (like the robe )...

---skipy
Attachments
Savior's Plate-with-skirt.png
Savior's Plate-with-skirt.png (4.64 KiB) Viewed 4117 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

@skipy -> You mean like a robe?

Oh, I thought about things like that. Is it possible to make the robe equip the chest and the legs at the same time?
In addition, is it possible to create another slot to equip 2 types of hats. Let me give you an example: eyepatch + pirate hat / monocle + candle helmet , etc...

Regards,
Ali-G
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Ali-G wrote:@skipy -> You mean like a robe?

Oh, I thought about things like that. Is it possible to make the robe equip the chest and the legs at the same time?
In addition, is it possible to create another slot to equip 2 types of hats. Let me give you an example: eyepatch + pirate hat / monocle + candle helmet , etc...

Regards,
Ali-G
like the robe ...
the robe covers leg equipment ..
in this (png) you see the savior armor with skirt and the robe with skirt..
i hope it help explain .

-----skipy
Attachments
Savior's Plate-with-skirt.png
Savior's Plate-with-skirt.png (5.89 KiB) Viewed 4103 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Then lets create pants that will match with savior armor and lets hope this will work like the robe.