First NPC, Reviews

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

rootwo_62
Peon
Peon

First NPC, Reviews

Post by rootwo_62 »

Hi, this is my first attempt at pixeling some Npcs.

Just Check them out, I just want a few comments. Still Working on clothing though this is just a test phase.

Last edited by rootwo_62 on 23 Feb 2011, 19:45, edited 3 times in total.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: First NPC, Reviews

Post by Alige »

This is a nice start!

Regards.
Last edited by Alige on 21 Feb 2011, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
rootwo_62
Peon
Peon

Post by rootwo_62 »

Thanks, I am doing them for my server that I am working on right now. I am just trying to get some reviews.
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

Great start, but it is very hard to offer a meaningful review without basic information about how you plan to use
player sprite on your server.

Will player sprite be at 45 degree view approx.? 22-1/2 degree would give a better size for faces than the 45 degree we use here.
but this changes mapping and creates other considerations.
What direction will light be from? really the first thing in art no matter what the medium is.

The sitting postures are really good.
I'd shade the clothing with some high lights ...in general the dark tones are good but highlights will show depth.
also for this sized sprite the eyes are a little too small. imo.

The shield on the one sprite shows a good metal sheen effect, but I wonder is the lighting matches the clothing direction?
maybe rotate it and look...

best of luck to you =]
rootwo_62
Peon
Peon

Post by rootwo_62 »

There isn't really a plan for them, they can be used for different things, shops, workers, sages, or anything just re color and add to is my plan for later.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

There isn't really a plan for them
When you are serious about Katheti Online, you should plan some more. Having some well-written concepts will make it much easier to attract and hold developers and players because they can see that you want to create something.

There were tons of tmwAthena servers with a copy of the TMW game content plus some random conceptless stuff thrown in. All of these servers aren't active anymore. What happened? Players and developers left when it became apparent that the creator either had no visions, no concepts and no idea where he wanted to go or when he had such plans wasn't able to present these to the community in a way which hooked people. People saw that the project wasn't heading anywhere and decided to leave.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
rootwo_62
Peon
Peon

Post by rootwo_62 »

Crush wrote:
There isn't really a plan for them
When you are serious about Katheti Online, you should plan some more. Having some well-written concepts will make it much easier to attract and hold developers and players because they can see that you want to create something.

There were tons of tmwAthena servers with a copy of the TMW game content plus some random conceptless stuff thrown in. All of these servers aren't active anymore. What happened? Players and developers left when it became apparent that the creator either had no visions, no concepts and no idea where he wanted to go or when he had such plans wasn't able to present these to the community in a way which hooked people. People saw that the project wasn't heading anywhere and decided to leave.

I wasn't referring to my server, only the basic npc sprites, that had nothing to do with my server. I don't plan to use the jump suit guys for much but the other npc's that stand out will be used. :)