[WIP] New Building Tileset. (I need to name it!)

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

[WIP] New Building Tileset. (I need to name it!)

Post by Merlin »

New building tileset.

Preview map incomeing.
Attachments
woodlandinn.png
woodlandinn.png (178.01 KiB) Viewed 4102 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: [WIP] New Building Tileset. (I need to name it!)

Post by Merlin »

Start of an Exterior Sheet
Attachments
woodlandinn-exterior.png
woodlandinn-exterior.png (163.11 KiB) Viewed 4061 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I've done a bit to this set but I've been working on dessert stuff mostly however I would like to show my little workseet with some odd things on it. It's mostly fringe type stuff and I'm working out some things. I made a change to the carpet and I seem to prefer the new color and it makes the trim design stick out more. Lien's forge is just on the sheet to get the same colors used for metal and rust. I'm messing with makeing a varient of crush's shield. I just kinda stuck on on the sheet to have a side by side example on how to make the little round part. I used it as a rivet for the metal.
Attachments
woodlandinnfringe.png
woodlandinnfringe.png (161.35 KiB) Viewed 3976 times
MerlinX420
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

MerlinX420 wrote:I made a change to the carpet and I seem to prefer the new color and it makes the trim design stick out more.
I think the trim design maybe sticks out a bit too much. Remember that it is a background tile. Tiles which don't interact with the player shouldn't stand out very much.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

The only criticism I'll give is that the carpet needs to be toned down a little.
Pixel Battalion
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Ty for the input. That's 2 votes on toning down the carpet and the trim a bit. It does seem a little "bright" now that you mention it. Please feel free to offer any and all criticism. I'm a noob and I don't know if I make a mistake unless it's pointed out. I'm not egotistical and will not get upset if you tell me something sucks. Just let me know why it sucks.
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Well this looks like this turned into 3 tilesets maybe 4 if I do the 2 more roof recolors and recolored walls. First 2 are done. 2nd set for fringe is all that's left.
Attachments
tileroofs.png
tileroofs.png (184.3 KiB) Viewed 3579 times
woodlandinn-1.png
woodlandinn-1.png (165.54 KiB) Viewed 3579 times
MerlinX420