Warrior set

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

stava
Novice
Novice

Re: Warrior set

Post by stava »

Here's the cape separated too..
Design is less uinque without the cape.. oh well.
Also put some helmet I made way back, I should finish sheet for it, I really like how it came out.
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

stava, I really like your set very much.
I hope you pixel the cape both ways because it could be used until a possible player sprite layer change happens.
The reality of that happening is at best a guess. But I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting =]
I'm going to give you the feedback your fine effort deserves:

Frankly it is a piece of beauty rarely seen in this forum, please continue it and pixel it over the new sprite sets skipy has recently completed as it has all the required frames.
If you do this at the same pixel art quality as these posts; you will see it in game...it is a process, but it is worth doing.
It is my feeling that if you do this rather than passing it off for another to finish the end result will be fabulous.

On the critic side: the lighting is, sometimes slightly off, should highlight from top left...not top center...small fix, varies between the 2 in helmets.
I like both helms but I prefer the plumed version if you only do one helm.
If the finished cape has some small movement this would be better than a 100% static cape imo.

The boots will be covered by other pants, imo this is ok because this is a "set" of matched clothing.
you can mismatch clothes from wall-mart also, and if player sprite layers are fixed someday, so much the better.

Thank You for posting your work, I really hope you do the sprite sets...
stava
Novice
Novice

Post by stava »

Thank you Salmondine, for all the compliments.
I'll look forward to finish the sheet, but I'm pretty busy since I am working on another game which takes most of my time.
I also go from game to game helping here and there..
And I also practice concept art here and there.
So it's hard for me to find time to pixel these sets, and the amount of sprites I see (135 each gender) just makes me lazy. lol
I'll finish sheet, but I'll take time, sorry

As for light sorce, I admit I'm not really strict about it.
And I'll finish both helmet versions
stava
Novice
Novice

Post by stava »

Eh this will take longer than I though, I attempted to make the movement frames..
http://makeagif.com/i/FuZi2E

Not sure if I should make the shoulder plate move at all..
Attachments
Walking.png
Walking.png (4.58 KiB) Viewed 1097 times