[REQ] Thermin Art

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [REQ] Thermin Art

Post by Wombat »

Feel free to toss the carpet completely out of the set. It is just a recolored red carpet from the regular caves, from the look of it. Same with the braziers. If you are going to use them, start with the source version and alter it to make it look better. I suppose we can use similiar ice and snow formations, though a bonus for something that isn't such a contrast to the cave floors and walls would be great.
Current character is "Abolish".
lien
Warrior
Warrior

Post by lien »

removed the carpet and lake, and add some stones
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I like the new building set. Nice job.
It could use a new roof instead of the plain one from the Nivalis set. I'm thinking stone tile like the color of the walls kinda. I'll mess around and see what I can come up with.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Could someone make a Thermin Barber. Salmondine, Merlin or ChefChelios, since you are doing great, please post something. We really need another barber and I discussed about that with people, it will be great to have another one that will not be located in the main city (which is curently Hurnscald of course).

Looking forwards on this,
Ali-G
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

Ali-G wrote:Could someone make a Thermin Barber. Salmondine, Merlin or ChefChelios, since you are doing great, please post something. We really need another barber and I discussed about that with people, it will be great to have another one that will not be located in the main city (which is curently Hurnscald of course).

Looking forwards on this,
Ali-G
why not this one?
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 31#p100331
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

That is great! However, are you sure it will fit Thermin?

Regards.
lien
Warrior
Warrior

Post by lien »

for the outside tileset some trees and rocks
(trees have the same palette than the house beam)

feel free to comment this. :wink:

[EDIT]
also added a tile for the ground.

here's a test with it => http://www.gilawhost.com/images/xapqrybn.png
Lien...
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

8-way walls for the caves will help mapping significantly.
This message used to be meaningful.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Rotonen wrote:8-way walls for the caves will help mapping significantly.
+1 on the quality
lien
Warrior
Warrior

Post by lien »

Rotonen wrote:8-way walls for the caves will help mapping significantly.
for the moment there is not any mapper who work for this project ( :( ) (as I know).
  • and mapping without mapper still not exist
Maybe, 8 way walls tiles (if I do them, or someone else) will be not used for all maps

Lien ...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

lien wrote:for the moment there is not any mapper who work for this project ( :( ) (as I know).
  • and mapping without mapper still not exist
Trust me: mapping is the only development task you can always find volunteers for in the community when you are actively searching for them. The majority of maps you see ingame were not mapped by regular developers but by casual contributors from the community.

You can also make the first map yourself. When I were an active tile artist I always did that. This was not an intentional effort but rather a by-product of my workflow. To check if a tileset is complete and everything works together the way I want, I was always trying to map with the tileset myself. So I was constantly building small and large test maps while pixeling the tiles. The final test for my tilesets was to build a productive map with them. So I was able to released each of my tilesets together with a usable map.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
lien
Warrior
Warrior

Post by lien »

DONE ! :D
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Crush wrote:mapping is the only development task you can always find volunteers for in the community when you are actively searching for them.
True, but the fact that (and I will say this a lot until everyone agrees with me) you can use Tiled and know the layer structures and mapping guidelines doesn't necessarily mean you can make good maps.
lien
Warrior
Warrior

Post by lien »

also for the outsides tiles should we use these tiles ?
( http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6295 ) :wink:

Lien ...
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Crush wrote: You can also make the first map yourself. When I were an active tile artist I always did that. This was not an intentional effort but rather a by-product of my workflow. To check if a tileset is complete and everything works together the way I want, I was always trying to map with the tileset myself. So I was constantly building small and large test maps while pixeling the tiles. The final test for my tilesets was to build a productive map with them. So I was able to released each of my tilesets together with a usable map.
While your working with the tiles that you made you usually come up with other ideas or figure out what tiles your missing. Your tileset could look fine and complete but until you map with it you don't know if you can build everything that is possible. I'm o.c.d. about having to be able to have every type of possible construction options. I like setting up a mock-up map with the set while I'm working on it. It doesn't have to be for the finished product but it would help you in the design.
Don't worry about the production. Just keep working on your stuff. I'm working on my set right now, but I think I'm going to use some of the same metal textures and have some fringe stuff I'm working on that might cross fit this set as well. idk if the pure whitish snow fits for this set. I'd imagine a type of tundra ground set instead of the pure snow ice. That's something I might try and edit up. :)

That wall surface would look nice in a building set like this.
(reference art:The new FFiV Complete. Some really nice 32x32 tiles in this game.)
Attachments
final-fantasy-iv-complete-collection-20101220100503121_640w.jpg
final-fantasy-iv-complete-collection-20101220100503121_640w.jpg (35.11 KiB) Viewed 4757 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?