Acount deleted

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Nasir
Peon
Peon

Acount deleted

Post by Nasir »

Hello. My old acount was deleted. Can I have oit back? I haven't play since the last Halloween but I wouldlike to start again. I don't want to start from the begining. They are stuff to much boring like finding an other 4 leaf clover or ironpowder to practice/use magic. I have already helped on the wiki in the magic and quest section and I have helped a lot of new player. I still want to help, not being helped.
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Acount deleted

Post by Ginaria »

Nasir wrote:Hello. My old acount was deleted. Can I have oit back? I haven't play since the last Halloween but I wouldlike to start again. I don't want to start from the begining. They are stuff to much boring like finding an other 4 leaf clover or ironpowder to practice/use magic. I have already helped on the wiki in the magic and quest section and I have helped a lot of new player. I still want to help, not being helped.
I am sorry to say it, but i think it is not possible to get a deleted account back. You was long away and meanwhile the 2nd big account deleting was started at 2.August 2010. And all unused accounts since 2.February 2010 was removed... Image

But here are now new quests & new monsters, some changes are made. Probably you enjoy a restart and you get surely help too. I hope you come back... you are welcome Image

Its safer to login one time all 6 months. Image
Nasir
Peon
Peon

Post by Nasir »

Ginaria wrote:I am sorry to say it, but i think it is not possible to get a deleted account back. You was long away and meanwhile the 2nd big account deleting was started at 2.August 2010. And all unused accounts since 2.February 2010 was removed... Image

But here are now new quests & new monsters, some changes are made. Probably you enjoy a restart and you get surely help too. I hope you come back... you are welcome Image

Its safer to login one time all 6 months. Image
Whell, now I know that it's safer to log every 6 month... But the point is that some stuff are really boring... Restarting from the begining is rely bad. All the time for leveling, all the night trying to find a 4 leaf clover, all the hunting to get the snake skin, etc. They are probably a way to restore some stuff no?
Tzaj Tzin
Newly Registered User

Post by Tzaj Tzin »

What they should do is archive the accounts somewhere instead of deleting them.
.../\,,/\...
.=(O_O)=
....l"""l....
....l P l....
....l E l....
....l Z l....
....l__l I haz a kitteh Pez dispenser.Do you?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Tzaj Tzin wrote:What they should do is archive the accounts somewhere instead of deleting them.
Feel free to provide space for that.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Please pay for that and you'll understand why we need to delete these accounts.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Ali-G wrote:Please pay for that and you'll understand why we need to delete these accounts.
i think thats what jax means :P
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Tzaj Tzin
Newly Registered User

Post by Tzaj Tzin »

could we make it text based(ex.:Tzaj Tzin has x amount of xp and gold and has these items_____)?or is it already like that and we have that many people?
.../\,,/\...
.=(O_O)=
....l"""l....
....l P l....
....l E l....
....l Z l....
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

The problem is that the DBs are flat files.
Tzaj Tzin
Newly Registered User

Post by Tzaj Tzin »

what's the difference between a flat file and a text file?
.../\,,/\...
.=(O_O)=
....l"""l....
....l P l....
....l E l....
....l Z l....
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

It is a plain text file and that is the problem. We'd have to shutdown the server to reinstate deleted accounts and characters. And they'd be from the last backup before the were deleted, so progress may be lost. Other DB methods would allow us to insert them while the server is running. We're already planning for Manaserv to not actually remove deleted accounts/characters, but just flag them as deleted, so nothing would really be lost until the DB is purged.
Guadalupe
Newly Registered User

Post by Guadalupe »

well I am completely bummed out to be reading this. :cry:

I really dont want to start over. And plus this doesn't explain the account I created & played & lvld to 25 last night not being able to log into THAT one either.
:(