v0.0.29 eAthena build does not support using skill points.

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Rytho
Newly Registered User

v0.0.29 eAthena build does not support using skill points.

Post by Rytho »

Hi I have this build and I cannot use my 25 skill points. the buttons are ghosted. I already focused on mallard's eye. I got the .5 mana-mana client from git, but I have no idea how to compile it or anything. Can I fix the problem? Do I need the new client. If so how do I use it. my OS is debian.
Rytho
Newly Registered User

Re: v0.0.29 eAthena build does not support using skill point

Post by Rytho »

ok nevermind. Just needed all the dependencies and followed directions. Runs with "mana".
aomas
Newly Registered User

Post by aomas »

Hi Rytho,

I'm having the same problem as well with v0.0.29. I'm running Fedora, and that appears to be the latest build for my OS.

Were you able to get a newer version running by compiling the source, or how exactly did you fix this?
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

aomas wrote:Hi Rytho,

I'm having the same problem as well with v0.0.29. I'm running Fedora, and that appears to be the latest build for my OS.

Were you able to get a newer version running by compiling the source, or how exactly did you fix this?
aomas,

he just did a clever thing: used mana source client: http://manasource.org/
follow all steps and you'll get it :)

cheers, dark
carlitos
Newly Registered User

Post by carlitos »

i had the same problem to, installing manaplus solved it without having problems with compiling and installing librarys
aomas
Newly Registered User

Post by aomas »

Ok thanks, I'll look into that.

BTW, I just tried to build the latest tmw from the git repo. Make fails at compiling emoteshortcut.cpp:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/libxml2 -DPKG_DATADIR=\""/usr/local/share/tmw/"\" -DLOCALEDIR=\""/usr/local/share/locale"\" -DEATHENA_SUPPORT -g -O2 -MT tmw-emoteshortcut.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/tmw-emoteshortcut.Tpo -c -o tmw-emoteshortcut.o `test -f 'emoteshortcut.cpp' || echo './'`emoteshortcut.cpp
emoteshortcut.cpp:29:1: error: ‘EmoteShortcut::EmoteShortcut’ names the constructor, not the type
make[2]: *** [tmw-emoteshortcut.o] Error 1

This is that line in emoteshortcut.cpp:
EmoteShortcut::EmoteShortcut *emoteShortcut;

This is my compiler version:
gcc version 4.6.0 20110530 (Red Hat 4.6.0-9) (GCC)
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

You shouldn't be trying to compile tmw from git, it has been superseded by mana.

(which you can run with the branding data files: https://gitorious.org/tmw/tmw
and call: mana /path/to/tmw.mana
but most people don't bother with the branding as it doesn't really add anything.
)

Please file a bug report with your distribution(s) if they still have not updated the package(s).
Former programmer for the TMWA server.