Candor General Annoucement

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

alastrim
Novice
Novice

Re: Candor General Annoucement

Post by alastrim »

New patch with modifications suggested by jenalya on IRC:
http://pastebin.com/L9sYu2X3

Let me know if you find a bug or something that could make it better.
alastrim
Novice
Novice

Post by alastrim »

New patch with some of the modifications suggested by o11c on IRC:

http://pastebin.com/Z7ZdiMaM

At the moment it is working like this:

If you have more than 23k(20k for the fight + 3k for the announcement), he offers you the possibility to make announcements.

He gives you 3 options: To start the fight in 5minutes (1 announcement telling it will start in 5 minutes), To start in 15 minutes (2 announcements, 1 telling it will start in 15 and 1 telling it will start in 5), and to start in 30 minutes(3 announcements, the same as before, but for 30, 15 and 5).

If at the time of the fight there are less than 5 players at the cave, the sponsor loses his money.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

alastrim wrote:New patch with some of the modifications suggested by o11c on IRC:

http://pastebin.com/Z7ZdiMaM

At the moment it is working like this:

If you have more than 23k(20k for the fight + 3k for the announcement), he offers you the possibility to make announcements.

He gives you 3 options: To start the fight in 5minutes (1 announcement telling it will start in 5 minutes), To start in 15 minutes (2 announcements, 1 telling it will start in 15 and 1 telling it will start in 5), and to start in 30 minutes(3 announcements, the same as before, but for 30, 15 and 5).

If at the time of the fight there are less than 5 players at the cave, the sponsor loses his money.
Would having the announcements separate from the start of the event be better? That way if no one shows up, the person is out of 3k rather than 23k.
sexy red bearded GM
radiant
Novice
Novice

Post by radiant »

Then what would happen if the invoker traded away enough money to a sockpuppet to get below 20,000, or--better yet--just signed out between now and then? "Sorry you've been waiting here for half an hour in anticipation. Show's over. Unless, of course, you want to wait just as long again to settle who's going to shell out for the follow-up."
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Pay the money first, get a refund if no one shows up (but the monsters don't appear).
alastrim
Novice
Novice

Post by alastrim »

Also, making it possible to announce for only 3k may open the possibility for an annoying message every 5 minutes.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Abuse is going to happen regardless of what you set it to. We do have gm's online most of the time. A stiff ban could happen if it becomes abused. After all general announcements will be displayed in the gm log. If it seems like player x is using the system over and over, then a gm can have a long talk with him/her.

I really don't think that we should set all functions to would have and could have. If it becomes a problem, then we will fix it.

alastrim, thank you from the bottom of my heart for working on this. Thank you.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

There's still one way to spam the general announcement right now, I already figured that out. :D
"Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken."
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Is work on this still progressing?
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

what happens if an announcement is made for 30 minuts

do i have to wait that round announced is over so i can run a round on my own without announcement ?

what if i make an announcement and somebody arrives and pays the fees to start it now 'lets say like 4 minuts before the start of the round i paid for ?

might be stange questions but is is a question

Sincerely
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

well there should be set time puts, such as 10-15 minutes max so nobodys waiting a long time, and im thinking the npc who spawns the monsters (forgot his name) can do the global announcements after you pay the 20k so the candor raid can be on time.
but this might be to some inconvinence.

Regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
alastrim
Novice
Novice

Post by alastrim »

At the moment the NPC offers 3 options for schedules: 5, 15 and 30 min. When a player choose one of the options he will already be paying the 20k for the fight + 3k for the announcements.

If a player talks to the NPC while there is a fight programmed, he will only show the time remaining for the fight, so no option to start a new one.

I have no more ideas for this patch. Besides a grammatical error observed by kandiman, I guess the script just needs some testing. I mean, only if you don't have any new suggestion or if you don't find new bugs there.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

sounds great :D

Regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Zutan
Novice
Novice

Post by Zutan »

Wow. This seems like a great option thanks. I was starting to wonder how to go about sponsoring a Candor raid.