Katheti Online - Program Tools

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

rootwo_62
Peon
Peon

Re: Katheti Online - Program Tools

Post by rootwo_62 »

Ok, why is this such a big deal for me to post my source? There is no backdoor or and there is nothing that is going to jump out at you and make you pee your pants. If a virus is in my program Crush you can delete my user from this forum and delete my topic. My program is very small it is for item crafting for the server. Crush you really don't need this, or anyone who has managed items. It makes item creation visually effective. Making my program closed source DOES NOT make me a jerk. It keeps the program "MINE" I don't want my program to be made better because it is my program. I discussed this with BaseBallBoy and he has a different opinion on programs he makes, he likes them to be made better. I have had programs that I've released the source for just for the fact I wanted to make them better. This is my first program I posted on this forum and it is getting hate from the admin for no reason. I understand there are people who do make bad programs, that's not me so get over it!

UNLESS I TOTALLY MISSED SOMETHING?
rootwo_62
Peon
Peon

Post by rootwo_62 »

OH I DID MISS SOMETHING! W00T! Ok so is what I missed was that you guys can't rap your thoughts around a closed source program for an opensource project! JUST RE-READ WHAT IS ABOVE AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND MY REASON.

UNLESS I REALLY DEFINITELY MISSED SOMETHING!
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

rootwo_62 wrote:OH I DID MISS SOMETHING! W00T! Ok so is what I missed was that you guys can't rap your thoughts around a closed source program for an opensource project! JUST RE-READ WHAT IS ABOVE AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND MY REASON.

UNLESS I REALLY DEFINITELY MISSED SOMETHING!
+1
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
rootwo_62
Peon
Peon

Post by rootwo_62 »

Hacker07 deserves his name, and just because his user is that of a "hacker." He still probably knows more than that of an admin. Take that anyway you would like but don't be disrespecting users of any name or thought!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

rootwo_62 wrote:I discussed this with BaseBallBoy
Interesting. According to the IP logs, the accounts baseballboy and rootwo_62 are posting from the same IP addresses and hacker07 did so far use IP addresses from the same IP range.

How many other forum accounts do you have?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

Crush wrote:
Interesting. According to the IP logs, the accounts baseballboy and rootwo_62 are posting from the same IP addresses and hacker07 did so far use IP addresses from the same IP range.

We go to school together
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

rootwo_62
Peon
Peon

Post by rootwo_62 »

Well see is what had happened was, me and BBB go to the same school and Hacker07 idk what his excuse is but he is living in Wisconsin. Where I used to live. I don't know if you know all the states but that is a relatively far distance. But the fact that you are trying to say I am three different people is a horrible thing to say to someone. You really need to respect your users more!
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

And for the sake of this conversation, Rootwo, hacker07, and I are all different people.

rootwo_62
Peon
Peon

Post by rootwo_62 »

I do find it quite funny how you are insinuating that we are of the same three people when in fact there are other users that know us and you are to blind to see that.

Who looks like an a-hole now?
rootwo_62
Peon
Peon

Post by rootwo_62 »

Crush wrote:

FYI I have two accounts, if you really wanted to know, but if you could guess the names would look like rootwo62 and rootwo_62 hmm suspicious huh!
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

i'll just leave this here for crush
http://www.virtualbox.org/
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

yourmistakes wrote:i'll just leave this here for crush
http://www.virtualbox.org/
Thank you, but as I pointed out earlier am familiar with how to set up virtual machines.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Crush wrote:
Matt wrote:reasonable av-software
Anti virus software can only detect what it knows. Heuristic detection is very unreliable.
Thank you for picking out the weakest line of defense and ignoring the others. I thought about not including this point, but it definately is part of a good security strategy.
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

[Troll alert]
Your conversation sounds like this http://www.hornoxe.com/wenn-sich-babys-unterhalten/
[/Troll]

It indeed feels a little strange to have non-open source tools in the mana world.

Actually I have the feeling most of the devs are proud, that anything *including* graphics and other stuff
is GPL here, so rootwo_62 you might have touched a sore spot here.
---
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

This is getting out of hand. Topic locked.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated