New Skill for traders

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

New Skill for traders

Post by ChefChelios »

me and XXX where talking about the skills and we have had the idea that you guys have forgotten one class of players...

the traders...!!!!!!! :shock: (edit:and collectors)

they camp at town and want to do good deals...

but what do they need? we thought they need an bigger inventar and more space at the bank... perhaps they can carry more weights too???

i dont know what you think about this but i think it is a forgotten class of players...

regards Chef

edit: hey Ginaria i have X´ed your name... happy now ? xDDD lol,lmw&rofl
Last edited by ChefChelios on 01 Apr 2011, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: New Skill for traders

Post by Crush »

I made the thread subject more descriptive.

There must be code for a "increase weight" skill in the eA codebase, because the RO merchant class has such a skill.

The RO merchants can also carry a cart, which is some kind of mobile storage / second inventory. But enabling this feature would be less trivial, because exchanging items with the cart requires a new GUI dialog.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

you CAN carry more weight but it depends on your stats. the more points in strength the more you can carry. chicka is a warrior with about 50 strength points and she can carry almost 50kg which is alot.

as for storage space 300 + the space on the 3 characters you can have in the account. thats 600 slots per account.
Besides people who need more storage usually just have a alt account anyway.

Regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Zutan
Novice
Novice

Post by Zutan »

Alt accounts are an interesting idea to promote in any rpg. It supports the suggestion that the game cannot satisfy a player with only one character. Which makes me think "why am I only using one character" which leads to me thinking that if I have more than one character interacting with each other I really should optimize it with multiboxing.

Please understand that I believe that limits in a game create consequences and consequences being overcome create a sense of accomplishment.

Speed is a limitation, By using the speed skill you can over come it, but you don't get to use other skills so there is a cost.

A trader skill might be a great idea. An easier way to use it might be by creating a second storage option at the storage locations when not focused on trading the second storage option is not available. The higher your trader skill the larger the second storage area is. Yes you put stuff in there and you change focus, you cannot access it and would have to refocus to get access to it again.
The bigger issue will be storage slots as a trader can choose not to have automatic healing. Also the trader skill might enable automatic healing with over %50 of allowable weight.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Zutan wrote:Alt accounts are an interesting idea to promote in any rpg. It supports the suggestion that the game cannot satisfy a player with only one character. Which makes me think "why am I only using one character" which leads to me thinking that if I have more than one character interacting with each other I really should optimize it with multiboxing.

Please understand that I believe that limits in a game create consequences and consequences being overcome create a sense of accomplishment.

Speed is a limitation, By using the speed skill you can over come it, but you don't get to use other skills so there is a cost.

A trader skill might be a great idea. An easier way to use it might be by creating a second storage option at the storage locations when not focused on trading the second storage option is not available. The higher your trader skill the larger the second storage area is. Yes you put stuff in there and you change focus, you cannot access it and would have to refocus to get access to it again.
The bigger issue will be storage slots as a trader can choose not to have automatic healing. Also the trader skill might enable automatic healing with over %50 of allowable weight.
acctually alot of people make alts for the fun of it, i know i have a couple alts but i dont use them for storage i use them for fun, as in dressing them up, trying other stats out with them from different levels and leveling another character. the same old character gets boring after a while so alot of people make alts to keep things interesting for them.
This happens in many mmorpgs. try them and see.

as in storage you make it sound like 600 spaces an account isnt enough lol.

Regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.