[REQ] Thermin Art

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

lien
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [REQ] Thermin Art

Post by lien »

I have started the Town Map (not ended :!: :!: )
so here is the link to the tmx files (ctr+v on pasterbin)
=> http://pastebin.com/Wg9mpdNs
also turn the name of the town tileset to thermin_village.png and put it in the "tiles" folder :) .
by the way, collision is still not in, because I have not ended the map yet. :(

Lien ...
lien
Warrior
Warrior

Post by lien »

[BUMP]

did this thread died ?
:|
has anyone tested the map ? any comment ? even a "that suck" would help me.
with any comment the project won't able to progress...

Lien...
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

The map looks fine, although I think it would make more sense if the road went straight into a square that was surrounded by houses, rather than looping around like that.

Also, why is there all that blank space around the edge of the map? The 20-tile border should still look interesting, it just shouldn't be accessible.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I like the general style. :)

Are you going to add more houses? I imagine the Thermin people to be very into technology, so I think they'd build a lot of buildings and don't have trees between them.
What about making the map bigger and having more street rectangles with buildings on each?
lien
Warrior
Warrior

Post by lien »

Jenalya wrote:I like the general style. :)

Are you going to add more houses? I imagine the Thermin people to be very into technology, so I think they'd build a lot of buildings and don't have trees between them.
What about making the map bigger and having more street rectangles with buildings on each?
About the number of houses its because I'm not a good mapper.
I have not done a big map yet (not over 100x100 tiles :mrgreen: ).
Also, Thermin can't be a rich city if it haven't trading relation with others cities.
(that doesn't mean I won't add other houses :wink: )

Lien ...
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

[REQ]Thermin Indoors

Post by baseballboy »

Requesting thermin indoor tiles.

Things to remember:
Lots of technology :)

-BBB
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: [REQ]Thermin Indoors

Post by Merlin »

get me the outside set and I'll see about editing up some inside stuff. I have stuff from the woodland inn set I'm doing that could fit. I think I'll check as see what's posted on the thread about the outside set and see what I can grab from there. I think I'll be able to get ya some sort of tech junk and w/e is needed. I could google for old machines and make some contraptions up. what's the primary industry of these ppl. Give me something to work with based on the background. I figure mining and other manufacturing. I guess high tech would be steampowered type stuff in tmw.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

lien could you get me the latest versions of the tilesets. I've gone thru and scoured up the random contributions for consolidation into a fringe set. I get to adding some more stuff from my woodland inn set and I guess those tiles are about ready to get finished and I have some fringe stuff that would work for the tech theme. I guess I should finish up all these other edits first. I've got 1 more thing to do for the dessert rehaul, maybe 2 becuse I kinda want to wait on the new cliffs, so I can put that off. I guess I can edit this up so we can move forward on this and then I can go back off to my non-mainline dev efforts.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
lien
Warrior
Warrior

Post by lien »

MerlinX420 wrote:lien could you get me the latest versions of the tilesets. I've gone thru and scoured up the random contributions for consolidation into a fringe set. I get to adding some more stuff from my woodland inn set and I guess those tiles are about ready to get finished and I have some fringe stuff that would work for the tech theme. I guess I should finish up all these other edits first. I've got 1 more thing to do for the dessert rehaul, maybe 2 becuse I kinda want to wait on the new cliffs, so I can put that off. I guess I can edit this up so we can move forward on this and then I can go back off to my non-mainline dev efforts.
:?:
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[REQ] Poisonous Mine

Post by Alige »

I am starting the Poisonous Mine Project. This mine will be located under Thermin. As said in its name, it will be poisoned. How? Well, you would need a Gaz Mask or Poison Skill level 9 to enter the cave without dying. If you take your mask off while being in that mine, you'll simply die. Few caves won't be poisoned but that still needs to be discussed.

To make the poison area more original, I would some few new tiles, here is a list of what I would need in the new tileset:
  • A Panel with a poison sign on it
  • Poisoned water
  • Acid pools
  • Some cave walls with acid holes in them
Another good thing that would really improve the maps is this:
  • An acid bubble particle effect

@Lien
Could you expand this cave tileset by making a bilevel one using the same walls please? If you can make an opening with a spider web on it, it would be really great.
Try transforming this one maybe, I need everything from this: http://gitorious.org/tmwdata/mainline/b ... ilevel.png

Ali-G
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

For the town, we need walls which can keep the yeti out. We need strong iron doors for the town.
Fringe objects for the town can also include giant ballista http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballista ramparts and so on. The town is not a sleepy village, but also not a militaristic fort. Rather its defenses are effective enough to keep the Yeti out of town, so broken ballista also could be interesting. Other objects might be random steam engines around town or connected to homes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_engine

For the mine tileset, we also could use mining carts and tracks the carts used to run on, broken. Iron doors and steam engines also would work well here, including broken iron doors and broken steam engines. These are more fringe requests.
Current character is "Abolish".
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Merged several tileset requests into this topic.
Current character is "Abolish".
lien
Warrior
Warrior

Post by lien »

Ali-G wrote: @Lien
Could you expand this cave tileset by making a bilevel one using the same walls please? If you can make an opening with a spider web on it, it would be really great.
Try transforming this one maybe, I need everything from this:
@Ali-g

No.

No, I can't do another tile set based on the two one I did.

but you can also do another way to make the character
go an floor up without all the bilevel tileset just like the picture.
you can be warped from 1 to 2 and invert too, in
this way that would make the mine (poisoned or not)
more as a big and complex labyrinth that make players
a bit lost inside this mine and labyrinth waste time
from players, isn't the utility of the road between the
Graveryard and hurnscald or between Hurnscald and the
terranite cave and the other road for go to useful maps
and useless maps too, that make the people not want to die
the Road is so long for re go to the gy as example they rest or
left but they don't leave them die. Anyway use warp else people
will leave they corpse everywhere in the maps (yours, of course)
and it will turn your maps into a big labyrinth.
take as example the maps in the ufb's server for go to pirate island
( Am I wrong ? I forgot the name of the map), this map is no really big
but this maps is a big labyrinth really complex, why ? easy, it's a
big labyrinth really complex because there are lots of warp.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

He's the start of some interior tiles. I had more done but windows decided to shut down for updates and I didn't save. XD I have a few days off thou to mess around with this stuff, so I should be able to get it done quick enough.
I"m kicking around a few ideas. One is a new roof and once I get that down I'll put snow on it.
This is just a temp worksheet but I'll be adding in all kinds of stuff.
Attachments
merlintherminedit.png
merlintherminedit.png (84.22 KiB) Viewed 4662 times
MerlinX420
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

MerlinX420 wrote:He's the start of some interior tiles. I had more done but windows decided to shut down for updates and I didn't save. XD I have a few days off thou to mess around with this stuff, so I should be able to get it done quick enough.
I"m kicking around a few ideas. One is a new roof and once I get that down I'll put snow on it.
This is just a temp worksheet but I'll be adding in all kinds of stuff.
I love it.
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.