woodland tileset

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:I think a bush is necessary
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I like the idea. This one could go in as a hidden easter egg.. :roll:
This message used to be meaningful.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Rotonen wrote:I like the idea. This one could go in as a hidden easter egg.. :roll:
As "Destroy Axis of Evil" quest :mrgreen:
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I think it should be a monster... that can be beaten up pretty bad. :P

Crush, I never told you tot do it right now.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Kineticstorm
Novice
Novice

Post by Kineticstorm »

Modanung wrote:I think it should be a monster... that can be beaten up pretty bad. :P
That's just wrong... :shock:
I love you too. :)
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Is it still wrong if we also add a monster representing me that can be beaten up pretty bad?

But seriously... no real world referenced like that in TMW.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Indeed, bad politically charged jokes aren't going to get into any production.

They're great for lighting up one's day, though.
This message used to be meaningful.
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Wow... That's like saying: "Most players don't care about graphics at all.".
As much as i love graphics and as much as i love making graphics, graphics are a secondary part of a game. i learned that the hard way. ESPECIALLY in 2D games where it's understood that they are not as pretty as the new pretties. But for example, Tetris, Mario Bros. 1, anything on Atari and most things in arcade. Furthermore my statistics were as truthful as i have collected opinions to show. i've been showing my stuff to people for a long time and found that there's only so far you can go before differences can only be noted by high-calibur artists. Make no mistakes, though: artists should give it their all... just without beating a dead horse. His grass is great, and trying to improve it further will likely be more difficult than it's worth.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

nope, this topic isn't dead ;)

i made a new design for the paths. do you like it?
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

It's a lot better already, but it's VERY brown (too saturated). And the light-dark spots seem too large, too strong and alogically placed.

I think the ground should be a bit rough in structure near the side of the path, as well as the grass should cast a slight shadow onto the path. In the middle the path should be pretty flat with such a tight path.
I assume these are two tiles forming the path's edges? So there could be placed tiles in between to form wider roads?

It's a good start.
criptos
Novice
Novice

Post by criptos »

They seem to me a lot of green...

May be less saturated?
May the Source be With You
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Criptos... I agree...
Would you please read the last 19 pages as well?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Modanung wrote:It's a lot better already, but it's VERY brown (too saturated). And the light-dark spots seem too large, too strong and alogically placed.

I think the ground should be a bit rough in structure near the side of the path, as well as the grass should cast a slight shadow onto the path. In the middle the path should be pretty flat with such a tight path.
now THATS a really useful comment. i wish more people would say what they want so specifically. i'll see what i can do.
I assume these are two tiles forming the path's edges? So there could be placed tiles in between to form wider roads?
no, it isn't. the woodland tileset is free for mapping, so i have to stick to the actual concept with single tile paths. but the woodland 2 tileset (the one with the buildings) will include dirt tiles based on the path texture with flexible borders.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Crush wrote:no, it isn't.
Then I think it should be a bit broader. :)
degen
Novice
Novice

Post by degen »

Actualy regarding the grass, i tried most different technicues i know of to "force" the grid to show like "looking past the image" and etc. (there are many ways of focing it but i only know a few) and to be honest i cant see a grid in over all. even if 1 tile has a slight symmetric drawn piece then thats liek ... damn if i take a closer look on a section of grass there are some symmetric pieces (natures own way).

So well ... Crush you kick ass ^^
i loved the new grass tile.

ooh and yeah hi again :)
been gone for a long time and within 4 weeks i am finaly done with all *#%"*#¤&/(%&/( i have been working on ... :D
Let em tell da' king
Da the east belongs to Morglum
Da east belongs to da orcs
Da east is green