Old Rares

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Do you think old rares should be brought back in game so frequently?

yes
54%
no
46%

Total votes: 35
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Re: Old Rares

Post by yourmistakes »

>implying those are the only options
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

Hello again

j(b)umping on the last posts

i think that all posts are pointing to the same direction

personnaly when we see so many and good work done actually on creating new items and so on i just don't understand it cannot be done for an event
especially when several items were designed
i doubt that noone is able to do a xml file
and more again in a 4 5 months period ! unacceptable especially after all the problems encountered in the events
if it is a question of ego between devs i say there is a big problem here...

anyway

a reward for an event means: I was there!
this has to deal with Maslow individual needs
if you want a link i'll post it

game is dealing with players
i don't think in those post there were kids saying i don't have this or that plleeeaassse or beggin

the post in here have nothing to do with that
those posts appears to me (again) as an expression of

please stop for once with those internal devs problem
please do the things right till the end

am i rude ?
am i getting some enemy by saying that ?

i don't care in a certain way
i am expressing loudly what is evidence

Sincerely

and once again Tiana great idea everyone i croo in the game is feeling good doing that quest ! and enjoy making it even if they are annoyed or not motivated by the reward
and what is that random?... another source of deception for players...
hum
i'm out back to the game
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I'm paying attention to this thread since it started and now I have some things to say.
First of all I'm glad about feedback and will try to avoid that old rares become rewards in future events.
Jumpy wrote: and more again in a 4 5 months period ! unacceptable especially after all the problems encountered in the events
if it is a question of ego between devs i say there is a big problem here...
In the past two or three months many members of the eAthena content dev team had (and some still have) real life issues. (stress at school, at work, with the family, a crashing computer, vacation, ...)
The result of this was that - beside of some bug fixing - not much happened in this time.

You might know that Tiana conceived and scripted the Easter Event. As far as I know it's her first script for tmw and she did a really good job! :)
But anyway it was necessary to do some bug fixing, improving and testing. This happened in two and a half week before the event started.

I hope this post can increase the understanding a little.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Thank you to Tiana for this wonderful quest even if the prizes were not well choosed since people payed a lot for these rares including me.

I would like that in the next quests/events, no more rares should be distributed. Here are items that should not appear in the next few years (IMO) so that it stays chalenging to get these:
- Eyepatch
- Scarab Armlet
Of course you can find other examples but I think that items like these should stay very rare.

Moreover, legendary items given by Platyna while small "events/trivia" should not appear into quests at all, I am thinking of these:
- Moubootaur Head
- Crown
- Hints
- Golden Warlord Plate

I hope this helped at least a bit.

Ali-G
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

hello,

Jenalya and everyone that might be concerned or feel concerned by this topic, be sure i deeply appreciate your post.

I have been playing the the game only for 3 years

and when i say the game i am talking about the development of the game.

althought my style and expression might seems to be provocative, ironic or provocativ, devs teams have always got my support and i give my little help by translating, maybe some day i'll be able to do more

i learned a lot from here, from there

i am just trying to get people work together more

devs environment team work and team work is hard task and not recognized

i saw good people with good skills running away
i saw good people with good will just staying on the side
i saw those who felt they had to go feeling unwelcome

many improvments have been done in structuring, organisating, managing ressources, competences, skills,
there 's one little push that can be done so that everybody work together and we don't have this kind of problems such as the reward of this quest, unbalance in game, story, history of tmw in game and not only in wiki.

but

i strongly hope that all this gets to maximum benefit to the new mana world project: manasource, manaserve.
AND to all project people are developing such as Evolonline, UFB if it comes back and all servs

thanks for all Jenalya, Crush, Bertram, Jax, Ptjor, Bjorn, and all devs, contributors, go on this fantastic contributions and work everyone is doing.

Sincerely
DBMP - BMS - HFDI

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

yourmistakes wrote:"nice tophat, where did you get it?"
" . . uhh . . either christmas of 2008, christmas of 2010, or easter of 2011"
"you mean you don't know?"
"no, i'm just not sure which tophat this is"
My knife is from 2004, beat that!

I don't get the whining about rares, back in 2004 I had to play hours to buy the cotton shirt, nowadays every beginner gets it for free, that sucks!
Tiana
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Tiana »

For the record, my original plan did not include releasing old rares as the reward. But as many things, plans do not always work out the way you planned them :wink:

Getting the actual quest out required a group effort, and that included the decision of what rewards for completion. While I understand how some can be upset, try to think positively - now you can dress up more of your alts!

I just hope that overall you all enjoyed going through the actual quest.
Tiana - former GM of TMW
Forum avatar designed for me by my dear friend skipy
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

quest was great Tiana

my best rewards are
1 basket
1 jelly
1 chocolate mouboo
1 grass liner

and one mush hat

ahahahah

:p

once again great quest very well done !
DBMP - BMS - HFDI

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Tezer
Peon
Peon

Post by Tezer »

Newbs,

Who will have a RARE chance of getting a rare,
Will have a chance of getting one,
So they are not in the shadow of older players/higher lvl players/People who have been playing for a long time ,
The aim of war is not to die for your country but to let the other guy die for his :P
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

Tezer wrote:Newbs,

So they are not in the shadow of older players/higher lvl players/People who have been playing for a long time ,

You make no sense..

yubaba
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Tezer wrote:Newbs,

This has been said already. It's cool that newer players can get some nice things, but the real question is this: Events are ran for a limited time, but what's the point of rushing to do these if the same rewards will keep coming out, possibly often? (not a jab at the dev team, I hear and respect that time was limited and appreciate the effort that went into this quest).

Also, this isn't a rare chance, almost all the same hats were prizes for christmas too. "Newbs" should have some chances to get nice stuff, but not everything older players have. Should they not be a little behind older players, since we've spent so much time playing here, doing the events, and collecting prizes? Like any game, someone who's been playing a lot longer than you Should have a lot of stuff you don't.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
zxzack
Peon
Peon

Post by zxzack »

I have to say I agree with both sides on this topic. Some rares are meant only for special events, and like was said before, should be to say "I was there for the special event!!!" however, i also sway that some should be available for specific yearly quests, for instance the bunny hat. Something like that should be available every year, once a year. We need something for easter, and i dont understand why we cant have the same reward every year for the same holiday. In that case the challenge is in completing the quest, which can be different each year, rather than saying "i have more stuff than you so im better!" once in a long while, maybe there can be a special rares quest, with one of the true, and non seasonal rares. This event would be like only once every 2-5 years to keep the items rare.
Just to clarify things, i started playing last summer, so i have no rares, and i want to get some, although i understand that since i wasn't there at an event, i shouldn't get some of them. I just have a problem that most of the seasonal hats like bunny ears are (or i guess now, were) rares, and even if u stayed for the easter event you wouldn't have a chance at getting one.
GLHF!
Praecellens Esto!
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

"We need something for easter, and i dont understand why we cant have the same reward every year for the same holiday."

I understand why someone with none of these rares would say that, but you have to realize this would get extremely boring for people who've been around a while :P. Also, there have been a couple of easter themed hats - Bunny Ears, Rabbit Ears (dyable ones), Eggshell Hat, etc.

Also, you're talking like you have no chance of doing the easter event, when it's actually quite easy. Getting to level 40 isn't very hard, especially when you level with other players, and the quest itself, while clever, is pretty easy as well. So, you should try doing it - I might not be happy about the prizes, but there's no reason you can't get yourself something cool and feel good about it :)
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
zxzack
Peon
Peon

Post by zxzack »

lol im lv 65 for one of my chars :) and im simply saying that some ppl might not make it to one of these events if, as is said elsewhere in the forums, people decide whether or not to stay in the first few days :? I there are more than one easter themed hat then all the better as then they can be use in a cycle, making a collection of easter themed hats or other artifacts possible :wink: this way it might take several years to complete the collection. and yes, i certainly will try the quest :lol: :!:
Praecellens Esto!
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

zxzack wrote:lol im lv 65 for one of my chars :) and im simply saying that some ppl might not make it to one of these events
Then they buy the hat from players who have done it, like others have.

Yubaba
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria