Suggestion: Capturable and Spawnable Pets

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Coolkid 782
Novice
Novice

Suggestion: Capturable and Spawnable Pets

Post by Coolkid 782 »

Here is an alternate way to look at the pet idea that has popped up a number of times. With the use of a scroll, a mage would have the ability to capture a specific monster (such as a green slime, maggot etc) and summon the monster with the use of a spell. When captured, the monsters image would be put onto the scroll and the item would disappear when it is summoned. After the monster is used for the players purpose, the player would then be able to recall their "pet" back to them and have the item accessible again (the pet would also turn back into a item to the player if the player quits tmw or if the player leaves the map). Although, if the summoned monster is killed, then the player's summoned monster would turn back into a held item and would become unusable for a full tmw day. Also the "pet" would not be able to be attacked by another player unless it is summoned in PvP. If possible, the "pet" that was obtained by the player would be able to level up to a specific level and gained set stats that are not controlled by the player. The level of the "pet" would show underneath the item in the item inventory. After summoning a pet, the player would be unable to summon the same pet again for a set period of time. A player would have the ability to obtain more of these "pets" but only able to summon one at a time.

This idea would add humor such as: "Yes! My maggot just leveled up to level 2!"
Also this idea would give another goal for the players of tmw to try and level their "pets" to the maximum level that they can get them to.

Hope you like the idea. :P
~coolkid 782 aka coolkid 782's junk shop
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Suggestion: Capturable and Spawnable Pets

Post by Kage »

Great Idea! Tell my grandchildren once you hack eA into doing something like this! Im sure they'll love it!
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

can i have a pet reaper?

Yubaba
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Kage wrote:Great Idea! Tell my grandchildren once you hack eA into doing something like this! Im sure they'll love it!
Not useful Kage. I would give a rambling diatribe about how i expect better from you, being a dev and a smart guy, but really i don't.
sexy red bearded GM
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

keep on topic please

Yubaba
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I will look into the feasibility of pets (part of the map-server) once I am done with my review of the login-server, char-server, and ladmin.
This might be a few months.
Ideally, I would like generic server-side scriptable-accounts.
If someone else wants to try to out some code, you should keep in touch with me, and probably work from my branch 'rewrite' of my git:
https://gitorious.org/~o11c/tmw-eathena ... a-comments
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

I would like to build my own Frankenstein-Zombie pet..., so far i have two zombie ears, two zombie eyes and a zombie heart...

Now i need some volunteer newbies for some... let me call it "funny experiments"... like at my first experiments study.
Axalix.png
Axalix.png (7.11 KiB) Viewed 2184 times

I believe, I am well approved for this new kind of experiments, because of my experiences with alien-human physiology. Image

Okay some of my first experiments failed, like:
FailedExperiments.png
FailedExperiments.png (24.98 KiB) Viewed 2184 times
But I collected more experience and thought, I got it at test object "Big Crunch". I found his dead body at graveyard... but the effect of transformation was not for long time... a dark mage casted a lightning spell at my test object and...
CrunchyTransformation.png
CrunchyTransformation.png (66.83 KiB) Viewed 2184 times
But trust me, now I know the right transformation formula!!! So i am ready for new experiments, like for my own zombie-pet Image[/color][/b]