my attempt at a new monster

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

In the front view i was going for a view more accurate to the agreed upon view for all objects. However ...you guys are right, that view sucks. i'm going to mess around with it again and make it a view level with the ground. It's not integral with the rest of the views but sprites that have the right view look downright awful. i think the players can ignore a different view so we can make the stuff look better. Do you guys think that front sprite would still work as a frame of the front attack?
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Monster Front 2.0 with included view upgrades, extra belly-section, and, in this limited edition only, a collector's edition Monster Moustache! When i get more time to make his snout look appealing he'll lose the 'stache... maybe.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

the belly sticks out too much. it looks as if it is some object in front of it.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Love the 'stache. :D
But seriously though... I think the legs are a great improvement. But there's no need to deviate from the general perspective.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I just wanted to state that every sprite in here could be used http://photobucket.com/albums/v158/neor ... /ManaLand/
So maybe you could start from one of those instead of creating a completely new one. The wombear seems nice enough to go into a wood behaviour.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

How about making the hands or whatever of that green creature to appear less fragile?
This message used to be meaningful.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

OMFG the stuff on that photobucket are L33T we need new monsters!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

then go and make the missing animation phases
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

how.. if i had a tutorial i whould
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Crush wrote:then go and make the missing animation phases
That's exactly what I did, in fact now we have a complete snake spritesheet and a half-working fire goblin spritesheet. I wonder if a true artist could do the same I did, using other monsters as a reference 8)