GBA games

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

natsuki3
Novice
Novice

GBA games

Post by natsuki3 »

Hi , i want to ask if we can get sprites from GBA (gameboyadvanced) and use them on tmw like tiles or things like that ?
We will get alot of graphics and with a bit of pixel editing we can get a very cool things .
I have asked about that because summer it near and i would like to help with tmw :D .
Its blue like the sea.
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Re: GBA games

Post by Dark_Mag »

natsuki3 wrote:Hi , i want to ask if we can get sprites from GBA (gameboyadvanced) and use them on tmw like tiles or things like that ?
We will get alot of graphics and with a bit of pixel editing we can get a very cool things .
I have asked about that because summer it near and i would like to help with tmw :D .
hello natsuki3,

no, no and one more time no. tmw has its own tiles makers and it doesn't want to have problems with copyrights. i wish you could see all likely topics. Crush always writes about it, and he's right.
if you want to help tmw with tiles, you could do it by yourself, without editing tiles from other projects. we have already had such experience...
or help us with scripting. we have a lot what to do :)

cheers, dark
natsuki3
Novice
Novice

Post by natsuki3 »

ok thanks for your fast answer Dark_Mage , and i only was asking :)
i would really like to help you with scripting , tell me what do u need for the moment ?
Its blue like the sea.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

scripting requires good english skills. You don't seem to be very good at english.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

natsuki3 wrote:ok thanks for your fast answer Dark_Mage , and i only was asking :)
i would really like to help you with scripting , tell me what do u need for the moment ?
natsuki3,

hm, at this moment we (me, Ali-G) are working under Rossy project. you can find more information on wiki, or ask Ali-G. really at this moment we don't need help, but in future i think we will need someones help.
anyway thanks for telling us that you're ready to help :)
Crush wrote:scripting requires good english skills. You don't seem to be very good at english.
Crush,

am i good in english? no, but i'm a bit scripter. :)

cheers, dark
natsuki3
Novice
Novice

Post by natsuki3 »

where i can find a guide for scripting ?
Its blue like the sea.
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

natsuki3 wrote:where i can find a guide for scripting ?
natsuki3,

here: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... _Standards
and i advice you to create your own local test server to test new content: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... p_a_server

cheers, dark
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Crush wrote:scripting requires good english skills.
Not necessarily. Since a while we go with a spelling and grammar check by a native speaker for each script before release. Your English just need to be good enough to be understood by the one who does the check. ;)

In my opinion it's more important to have good ideas for storyline and new concepts in NPC scripting (like minigames or boss fights ...) to make more interesting quests.