Track Submission

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

amarant24
Peon
Peon

Track Submission

Post by amarant24 »

I'll be posting more tracks later on this week but these are some tracks I'm coming up with for the bandit cave.
Have a listen Yubaba firstly and secondly community have a listen. Comments are appreciated.

http://www.mediafire.com/?i2oncbf43uehlsc

P.S. I'm having trouble figuring out how to loop the damn thing!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Track Submission

Post by Crush »

I find the sudden silence bits very annoying. I think it would drive you crazy when listening to it for more than a few minutes.

How about filling them with a very low-pitch bass?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

1) The music should repeat itself indefinitively without any interruption that can be heard.
2) The annoying bits are indeed very annoying, try making a little melody in front of that but keepng these bits at a lower level and maybe longer bits need to be used.
3) The idea is here but the music needs a little melody, something catchy that can be repeated without being annoying for the players thus it needs to be longer than 1 minute.

Best regards,
Ali-G
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

if its not longer then a minute then yes it should be catchy + music that doesnt seem its looping, like a melody. also when you do the loop there is a automatic replay setting in there try and find it and set it. can i ask what software your using? also if you wanna know more please feel free to ask me :)
this piece isnt bad for your first try but it can be much better with improvement ;) im still waiting for my computer sadly but when i get it back (which is soon) i will help you with other pieces and finish some of my projects :D
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
amarant24
Peon
Peon

Post by amarant24 »

Same Track slightly improved.
I had not heard it with headphones or on a sound system just on the computer speakers and it sounded very different.
When I put on the Headphones I immediately agreed with all of you and yes the sound was annoying.
I improved it though added some bass and a tiny melody.
However I still can't get it to loop correctly at least not when I export it.
@Yubaba I am using LMMS when I click export it always goes one beat ahead (where it's empty) thus the silence at the end.
Hope you guys like this version better!
http://www.mediafire.com/?a7zqtt1g71l61tc
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

The melody is composed of 3 notes... this isn't a melody. Try to avoid these sounds, use soft sounds that don't interupt between each others. Don't make each part stand out, everything should be shaded (without decreasing the volume).
amarant24
Peon
Peon

Post by amarant24 »

This one is different, Completely! I am in confusion as to how to make the track loop succesfully maybe Yubaba could help me out later on. Everytime I F***ING export it it simply adds 2 or 3 seconds of nothingness.
But here is the new track. Enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?xzjgs84xsbz70k6
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

remember you can use more than one software to make a track, in some softwares you can cut the ends off (which is what i do after i make it)

i edited your music and cut off the extra 3 seconds that was on it. the editing is kind of crap because im not on my computer but ill work on it proper when im back.
Attachments
caveedit1.ogg
(447.5 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

Also if its a .ogg file you can paste it right on your post :D you dont need to use mediafire for ogg files ;)
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
amarant24
Peon
Peon

Post by amarant24 »

So did you like the track? Did anybody like it?
Comments?
amarant24
Peon
Peon

Post by amarant24 »

I just heard what you did with it.
I think it's a good edit/collaboration ;).
At least for me... WE HAVE A WINNER!
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

amarant24,

it is great, yours and yubabas, but where can we add i to?
also to yubabax116 and amarant24:
why did you post all these posts in 2 minutes? Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:09 am -> Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:13 am (amarant24) and Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:03 am -> Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:04 am (yubabax116)? you cloud make it in one post.

cheers, dark
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

yubabax116 wrote:caveedit1.ogg
Sorry for being so honest, but I find this track awful.

It seems to me like you just slapped some synthesizer patches together without much thought about harmonics, rhythmn or melody. Nothing really seems to fit together. The different instruments seem to play against each other instead of with each other.

When you want to improve yourself, you could read up a bit on song structure, time signatures, harmonic scales etc.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

erm...i might have made a few drinks before i made this X_X but it was just for fun of my own not for the game sorry. ill make something for the game for tommoro i dont have my computer but ill work with what i have :o

@darkmage it wouldnt fit anywhere in game.

Yubaba
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When it isn't for TMW then please don't post it in a forum in the "tmwAthena server development" category.
  • NOT a game master