Mana/TMW Development Weekly Summary

Where game and project announcements are made.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Mana/TMW Development Weekly Summary

Post by o11c »

In tmwAthena code, I have completed my initial review of the login server and char server, and managed to get the map-server and ladmin as well to compile with a very strict set of errors. Then I renamed all the files to .hpp and .cpp and fixed the few cases that weren't caught by -Werror=c++-compat.

Although the benefits of somebody competent having the will to look at all the mess that was eA will not be immediately apparent, it will be before manaserv.

After completing my review/rewrite, it should be somewhat easier for people to set up a new server.

(Some changes will have to be made to data as well, but determining what changes will be made there will follow another whole review.)
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

In this week

- enchilado and I had a very long discussion on how the NPC Savaric in the Graveyard Inn should take Dark Crystals and now he won't take all your crystals anymore, but gives you the possibilty to give more crystals to get some extra experience :wink:

- Ali-G fixed some mapping errors on 011-6 which were reported by Ginaria. Also he went on with the reorganization of the graphics folder and fixed the Soul Menhir in Nivalis.

- baseballboy worked on the maps for the tutorial quest and I started scripting on it.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi all!

Last week, I prepared the branding package for the next official TMW release.
Thorbjorn has yet to release it before we can see the new tmw release in unstable.

I also added more visual debug information in the path finding view, as a preparation
of the fix of the display desync between the characters, and their names, particles effects and so on.
It can sound pretty unrelated but it permitted me to have an evidence that the current code
is viable as for characters coordinates.
More to come :)

I also added patches for adding monsters custom attack effects (which should also fix the missile particle effect used),
and a first basic step into making attacks working on Manaserv again.

See ya all next week ;)
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

In content development this week:

Enchilado fixed the Bowler Hat graphics (outline and lighten the band).
Ali-G continued the reorganisation of the graphics folder, it's nearly done. He also fixed the Soul Menhir in Nivalis and started to work on cave-maps for Thermin area.
Dark_Mage and Ali-G are working on a new quest series for middle level players
I continued scripting of the tutorial quests.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

This week,

On the client:
- Jaxad removed a duplicated packet use in TmwA.
- Idiomatic added support for a mono-spaced font and made use of it in the keyboard setup to make it prettier.
- Cody also updated the font used by the client, which should help in supporting certain languages.
- He also begun fixing parties support for Manaserv.

Manaserv:
- Bjorn fixed Manaserv's compilation for Gcc 4.6.

See ya!
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

In this week
- Jaxad moved the repositories for content of tmwAthena, more about this can be found here: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 13&t=12981
- Ali-G went on with the reorganization of the graphics folder and did some small fixes.
- I changed the Towel Event, so you can do the quiz during the whole event time and not only on May 25th.
- There was also a discussion about some possibilities to make the warp towel more useful/cheaper to use and I did some changes.
edit: - The new icon for the warp towel made by ChefChelios was added.
Last edited by Jenalya on 24 May 2011, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Hey guys i'd like to thank you for creating and maintaining this thread. I think it makes everyone feel more a part of the project rather than at the whims of some people they never see nor hear from. Thanks everyone for the hard work you put forth in your spare time. I know we often would rather complain than compliment, but I feel as though you are doing a great job advancing the game. Thank you guys.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
Dude
Novice
Novice

Post by Dude »

Big Crunch wrote:Hey guys i'd like to thank you for creating and maintaining this thread. I think it makes everyone feel more a part of the project rather than at the whims of some people they never see nor hear from. Thanks everyone for the hard work you put forth in your spare time. I know we often would rather complain than compliment, but I feel as though you are doing a great job advancing the game. Thank you guys.

BC
+1
Dude - lvl 99
...and yes I know where my car is.....
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi there,

Thanks you all for the very kind support, I (and I think I can say we) really appreciated it :)

I've missed a week so I'll talk a bit about the development done about the latest two weeks on next monday.

Best regards.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

This week,

- alastrim gave Andra back her clothes (this got broken during the reorganization)
- Ali-G finished the reorganization of items folder and did some small fixes for some maps (layer and collision)
- I'm progressing in tiny steps on the tutorial
- I fixed a small bug in the stranger NPC and did some changes on the warp towel:
...when making gem powder, you get between 7 to 12 powders for one gem
...when using the towel for travelling, it's a chance of 1/15 for it to loose it's color

If you still see problems with the costs for travelling with the towel (it is intended to be not too expensive to be used, but not cheaper than other ways of travelling), I'll be happy to read reasoned comments/ideas/feedback in a pm, irc or in another topic. :)

Also, there are some plans and ideas floating around for Thermin area, a new quest for Woodland area and the rebalancing.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi there,

The last two weeks have seen sympathetic upgrades in term of code:

Manaserv:
- Idiomatic fixed a bug duplicating certain items when picking them up.
- Cody made possible for monsters to drop multiple items.

Mana:
- Idiomatic fixed a bug with mouse cursors, and made the setup window much prettier.
- Jaxad fixed a nasty bug with sprite buffering on big images, hopefully permitting
the invertika team to try out their elephant monsters, for instance. :)
- He also made the mana client propose the 9 characters slots as tmwAthena server accept them.
- Cody removed the debug key, in favour of gui based solution which will easier
for everyone playing.
- He also fixed the server list when double clicking below would select the last entry.
- He made many ergonomic fixes based on double click use. See for yourselves. :)
- As for me, i added the 'effect-id' in the monsters attack to trigger a full effect on the monster when it's attacking.

Stay tuned!
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Bertram wrote: - He also fixed the server list when double clicking below would select the last entry.
- He made many ergonomic fixes based on double click use. See for yourselves. :)
To clarify, Idiomatic made those fixes. And all list boxes are now so fixed.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

This weekend, there was a content update:

- Wombat and Ali-G moved Agostine back to Nivalis, removed all Fluffies from Woodland and add more of them in Nivalis. They added Snails to Woodland to fill the gap that was created be removing the fluffies.
- Wombat did some modifications on green slimes stats and drops, he also balanced some other drop rates and the value of some items.
- Alastrim added a new function in Andra's script. Now you can bring her water and grass seeds and she'll make some herb plants grow on the map
- Additional there happened a lot of fixes and small changes in scripts, graphics and xmls done by enchilado, Ali-G, o11c, alastrim, Bertram and Jaxad.

But there was also work done on other projects which aren't released yet:
- Wombat is working on concepts for the rebalancing and is maintaining a constant discussion about it.
- Ali-G started to make all scripts use item names instead of id's, so we will be able to reorganize the item_db.
- He's also working together with Dark_Mage on a new Woodland quest.
- On this weekend I was able to do good progress on the tutorial, so testing and review by other devs started.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi there!

Here is what has been made the last week in term of code:

TmwAthena server tools:
- Jaxad updated the java converter to make use of different folders.

Manaserv:
- Cody started to fix the party code in manaserv and updated the enet version to the latest one + smaller fixes.
- Bjorn fixed unequip and readded basic equipment display.

Mana client (next version):
- Jaxad and me fixed the monster name and display offset.
- He also fixed the fact of changing map with an active particle effect on the character.
- He worked with o11c on using proper variable size in the client net code to permit the use of more than 32767 items id, for instance.
- As for me, I fixed the offset present with particles visible on beings. The chat speech bubble position is still left to fix.

See ya next week :)
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

In addition, as of yesterday the tutorial area is ready for testing!
You can read more on that here: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 13&t=13114
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.