Link ban

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
lien
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Link ban

Post by lien »

Crush wrote:Here are some excerpts from the GM log:

Code: Select all

[2011-05-31 19:42:27] 009-1.gat(46,37) Narus(2121285) : @ban 3d t link , ...
[2011-05-31 19:42:41] 009-1.gat(46,37) Narus(2121285) : @ban 3d link , ...
[2011-05-31 19:43:12] 009-1.gat(46,37) Narus(2121285) : @l the player ignore warnings everytime and keep talking in french in town
[2011-05-31 19:46:45] 009-1.gat(46,37) Narus(2121285) : @t Zelda i know you are link alt so consider yourself warned speak English in town
User didn't learn the lesson although already being banned twice. This time the user was banned for 3 days.

We have a case of a repeating offender here who refuses to follow the server rules and refuses to accept the game masters authority. In my opinion it is absolutely j
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 20&t=13123.

As I've seen in the screen the people the most wrong is not Link , ... but Goldy.
when someone talk you in french, you will have to answer back in the same language that the other told you.
Goldy say "that's my area ! get out there!",
Link , ... "I wa(g)s here before",
Goldy "I was joking"
Big Crunch " ok ".
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

lien wrote:Big Crunch " ok ".
I was here when it happened. Big Crunch said "ok" in the sense of "Okay, I'm gonna act right now" or "This is against the rules, I must act.". This was totally not an answer to Goldy or Link as i've understood.

Regards,
Ali-G
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

lien wrote:
Crush wrote:Here are some excerpts from the GM log:

[2011-05-31 19:42:27] 009-1.gat(46,37) Narus(2121285) : @ban 3d t link , ...
[2011-05-31 19:42:41] 009-1.gat(46,37) Narus(2121285) : @ban 3d link , ...
[2011-05-31 19:43:12] 009-1.gat(46,37) Narus(2121285) : @l the player ignore warnings everytime and keep talking in french in town
[2011-05-31 19:46:45] 009-1.gat(46,37) Narus(2121285) : @t Zelda i know you are link alt so consider yourself warned speak English in town
User didn't learn the lesson although already being banned twice. This time the user was banned for 3 days.

We have a case of a repeating offender here who refuses to follow the server rules and refuses to accept the game masters authority. In my opinion it is absolutely j
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 20&t=13123.

As I've seen in the screen the people the most wrong is not Link , ... but Goldy.
when someone talk you in french, you will have to answer back in the same language that the other told you.
Goldy say "that's my area ! get out there!",
Link , ... "I wa(g)s here before",
Goldy "I was joking"
Big Crunch " ok ".
Goldy was given a ban as well.
sexy red bearded GM
lien
Warrior
Warrior

Post by lien »

Big Crunch wrote: Goldy was given a ban as well.

[2011-06-07 17:37:59] 009-1.gat(46,37) Big Crunch(2160466) : @ban 1h goldy
there is a little difference between 1 week and 1 hour ....
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

the difference being that you have shown a pattern of such behavior where as Goldy, to my knowledge, has not.
sexy red bearded GM
Doloy
Peon
Peon

Post by Doloy »

It's my friends in realty!!!! Grrr

In my high school computers one the same IP address!!!!!!!!!

You can reflect...
No it's very difficult? :( :|

I am not link
Last edited by Doloy on 10 Jun 2011, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
Doloy
Peon
Peon

Post by Doloy »

Now
look my adress ip
and you will see :( :( :( :(

I am not link
Cecil Burrow
Peon
Peon

Post by Cecil Burrow »

> There were gazillion of discussions about language rule, and all of rationale has been explained - use search.

Yeah, but the explanation sucks, and is really completely unpersuasive. Saying something that doesn't make sense 100 times doesn't magically make it make sense. The fact that this discussion keeps getting repeated over and over to mystified newcomers might even be taken as an indication of something.
Doloy
Peon
Peon

Post by Doloy »

So, I repeat:

LOOK my adress IP plz you will SEE
Doloy
Peon
Peon

Post by Doloy »

Many people saw us playing at the same time ..... as Lvledzero, as Ginaria, as Nard , as vuthh ... :? :? .
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

The player who uses "Doloy" as main character isn't the same player as the one that uses "link , ...". The end.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Crush wrote:
Doloy wrote:Seriously I am not link........
:cry: :cry:
Then explain this:
link_doloy_sockpuppteting.png
Let me guess: You were having a party at your house where you invited all of these people and let them use your computer?
What a wrong conclusion from IPs again. In my University location are more than 1000 computers sharing 256 adresses, and a lot of students are playing between lectures. In my Daughter's collège (secondary school) 60 computers share 1 fixed IP, in the building where I live 10 computers on two flats share the same dynamic IP.
and what about cyber-Café's, and other telephone shops....?
I live about 15 km from the location of these players and could have the same address group because wanadoo is the major ISP provider in France if I used this ISP.
as you said all, what is proven is that these players may play together , may know each other or be friends. Why cannot you imagine it is the case?

I do NOT agree with Link's behaviour about french speaking in public places, and think he was trolling more than acceptable (i was present when he trolled Narus in general store, and admired her patience), and do agree with a ban decision which I would myself had taken in the same conditions.
I have heard some other players speaking spanish ostensibly and repeatedly, though several warnings. I have not heard of a seven days ban for any of them though.
I just think some decisions may be out of proportions due to the human nature of our GMs.

What surprises me more is that NONE of the players who answered link's post have just said that speaking english in public areas is simply a form of RESPECT to other players who cannot understand other languages. And this is, in my opinion, the major rule any player, developer or administrator should follow.

Sentences like:
my only problem with this is it was only for a limited time....
or
It seems link , ... doesn't like to play, or maybe he likes being banned
do not contribute to anything and there is a language problem in this game. The problem will grow with the number of players. It would be better to think about it before it becomes a major one.

to Freeyorp:
"Party chat is available for private chat in groups."
I thought parties where intended to be temporary and were intended for raid or a quest.
I can't invite a French or German speaking newbie in it before he gets level 10 and the party skill (Sorry I don't speak other languages)
Parties have a very limited number of members.
Guild are not available ingame
Chat channels are not too though the /help command said the opposite (/join said it though)/

I suggest that rule 5. "Speak English on public chat." is changed to: "Speak English in public areas. Speaking your language may be tolerated in areas where you do not bother other players" until our beloved developers can find a solution to this problem. If not this rule is equivalent to "Non fluent English speaking people are not welcome to TMW".
Fortunately GM are tolerant and apply the rule wisely.

to ecaflix:
"c'est abuzer la je veux pas dire mais moi je ne oarle pasq courrelent anglais donc comment je fais ????? "
I do not understand a word. This is not even French.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Doloy
Peon
Peon

Post by Doloy »

So, you believe me?
Doloy
Peon
Peon

Post by Doloy »

Thank you Ali-G
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

Nard wrote:I just think some decisions may be out of proportions due to the human nature of our GMs.
We have a standard punishment for things, we don't go with flow of our feeling, the standard ban time for offenders are: 1h, 3h, 1d, 3d, 1w, 2w, 1month, 3months and yest the permaban. And YES you can get a permaban for breaking rule in this game not just for botting. Until now we never had to ban anyone for this rule for more than a few hours. So we really expect players respect the rules or deal with the consequences, we had a similar situation with insults the day we give a 7d ban.
Guys, rules are rules respect them or face the consequences.
Nard wrote: "Party chat is available for private chat in groups."
I thought parties where intended to be temporary and were intended for raid or a quest.
You can use your party tab the way you want, for some players is to share exp, heal faster, share items, for other is to chat with friends in their native language. And no a party can be as temporary as the members decide.
Nard wrote:Guild are not available ingame
No, guilds are not part of the client, BUT Nard, you are part of CRC and afaik you use guild, so maybe you don't use the guild bot the way it is created to be use, guild is a bot with GM lvl 1 so he CANNOT spam members of the guild, you can chat there as long as you want, the bot will send your whisper to other members of your guild. guild was created to help members of different party to communicate with each other.

I think players have a lot of way to communicate avoiding the use of other languages in public. Party, Whisper and Guild bot, so use them and follow the rules or deal with the consequences.