NIC

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

NIC

Post by yubabax116 »

Night is calling Music
Attachments
Night-Is-Calling.ogg
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 87 times
Last edited by yubabax116 on 25 Nov 2011, 01:09, edited 2 times in total.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Re: NIC

Post by dariunas »

I like the style and the compositional approach. But the execution needs some attention in my opinion.

The guitar chords sound like they've not been sampled well. I'd record this; actually sounds like the signal is clipping (meter will go into the red, past 0.0dB on your level indicator) somewhere. Either when it was recorded or when the whole thing was put together. I may be able to re-record these chords so that you have the same thing in better quality to use...

The drum loop is nice so far but a few variations will be nice later on. I appreciate it's an early concept draft though, so I'm probably speaking too soon. Although the reverb on the drum loop could come down a touch.

I like the sounds of the cricket(s), but it's featured a little bit heavily throughout. Pick good times to have the sounds in and control the levels with volume automation. Play with moving this sound to the foreground/background and it should start to feel a bit more natural.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: NIC

Post by Ledmitz »

I remember going on the Black Boots quest recently. I was happy to hear new music in the cave. It also suited the mood in a strange way. Like this one.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak