[SOLVED] Unable to See Chat Window

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
EchoLynx
Peon
Peon

[SOLVED] Unable to See Chat Window

Post by EchoLynx »

I am not sure if this is a platform specific issue, so I am posting it here.

Somehow I managed to hide my chat window and cannot get it back. I suspect I hid it with the "h" button. I have tried pressing F7 and tried remapping that key, but I still can't get the window back. I can, however, still see chat bubbles.

I am running OpenSUSE 11.4, GNOME.
Last edited by EchoLynx on 04 Jul 2011, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
Ian
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Unable to See Chat Window

Post by Dark_Mag »

EchoLynx wrote:I am not sure if this is a platform specific issue, so I am posting it here.

Somehow I managed to hide my chat window and cannot get it back. I suspect I hid it with the "h" button. I have tried pressing F7 and tried remapping that key, but I still can't get the window back. I can, however, still see chat bubbles.

I am running OpenSUSE 11.4, GNOME.
EchoLynx,

just press F7 button, and it'll work as before. :)
/me thinks, that it would be great to read Keyboard info in Setup window.

Cheers, dark
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,
/me thinks, that it would be great to read Keyboard info in Setup window.
Excellent idea :)

I've put an issue about that here, so that the next client may have it as it doesn't sound that hard to do.

Best regards.
EchoLynx
Peon
Peon

Post by EchoLynx »

EchoLynx wrote:I have tried pressing F7 and tried remapping that key, but I still can't get the window back. I can, however, still see chat bubbles.
I'd appreciate it if you read the entire post.
Ian
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

Is this the tmw, mana, or manaplus client?

If tmw, or mana, what is your client version? 0.0.29.1, 0.5.2?

Thanks and best regards,
EchoLynx
Peon
Peon

Resolution Solution

Post by EchoLynx »

I'm not sure where to find version numbers. My package manager claims 0.0.29.1-6.1, the upper left of the login screen claims 0.0.29.1 (eAthena) and the updates screen displays 0.5.2. My client updated upon first play, but hasn't since.

So I assume the versions are 0.0.29.1, 0.5.2

That said, I figured out how to get it back.

When I first launched the game, I set the resolution to 1280x1024 and enabled full screen. Later I wanted to browse the wiki and play simultaneously, so I set the resolution to 1024x768 and disabled fullscreen. From what I can tell, the client doesn't adjust for the change in resolution, and so the chat window wasn't displayed because it was out of the bounds of the screen. Once I reverted to 1280x1024 and fullscreen, the chat window came back.
Ian
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Resolution Solution

Post by Dark_Mag »

EchoLynx wrote:I'm not sure where to find version numbers. My package manager claims 0.0.29.1-6.1, the upper left of the login screen claims 0.0.29.1 (eAthena) and the updates screen displays 0.5.2. My client updated upon first play, but hasn't since.

So I assume the versions are 0.0.29.1, 0.5.2

That said, I figured out how to get it back.

When I first launched the game, I set the resolution to 1280x1024 and enabled full screen. Later I wanted to browse the wiki and play simultaneously, so I set the resolution to 1024x768 and disabled fullscreen. From what I can tell, the client doesn't adjust for the change in resolution, and so the chat window wasn't displayed because it was out of the bounds of the screen. Once I reverted to 1280x1024 and fullscreen, the chat window came back.
EchoLynx,

Well, it's good that you figured it out. Sometimes it happens. :)

Cheers, dark
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: [SOLVED] Unable to See Chat Window

Post by Bertram »

Hi EchoLynx,

I was asking the client version just to figure out that point:

The actual client version is the one you can see top left at startup. The other one in the update windows is the recommended one.

Note that the new 0.5.2 release can automatically reset the windows position when lowering the screen resolution.

Best regards and have fun :)