Candor part 1

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Candor part 1

Post by yubabax116 »

[Edit: music file removed]
Last edited by yubabax116 on 24 Nov 2011, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Candor part 1

Post by Wombat »

If Candor can't use it (afaik, this is the case), but would go great with Reid's Inn (Graveyard Inn). Kind of gave me the feeling of people on an investigation, like in Clue.
Current character is "Abolish".
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Excellent sound! What sound libraries are you using? Very good-quality reverb too.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I like that music very much but I've got comments too.

First of all, I don't think that putting as much reverb is a good thing since Candor is a small cave, not something like Terranite Cave.
Secondly, it doesn't repeat itself properly but that is of course a minor thing to fix.

In overall, you get the A grade from me. :P
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

Ali-G wrote:Secondly, it doesn't repeat itself properly but that is of course a minor thing to fix.

I set it to repeat that way so it sounds like it keeps going instead of reastarting but thx ;)

and thanks for everyones comments :)
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Switching background music in maps

Post by nmaligec »

I don't think it is possible to switch the bgm in a map. From what I can tell, the bgm is set directly in the map file (use Tiled's map properties editor to set), and there are no script commands to play/stop any music files.

For the crypt quest I used a separate map for the final fight which is a copy of the same room in the original map, but with the music switched (and a few other changes). In this case, I needed a separate map anyway to get around other problems, but in general it would be bad design to warp players to new maps just for a song change.

If someone finds out how to switch music tracks properly, please share. I would really like to know of a better way to do this.
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Personally, I think the reverb's good. BGM production aspects like this should almost never be related to the spatial environment unless they're meant to be more of a diagetic sound source such as a bard or small troupe playing in the corner of a tavern (such as the first inn, in The Witcher).

The reverb in music is used to create an atmosphere, rather than to convince the player of their environment. We would pay very close attention to that in the sound FX stage though.