More love for warriors

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Derpella
Novice
Novice

More love for warriors

Post by Derpella »

Warriors used to be the most awesome class, before there was magic. Now exping as a warrior is a nightmare. My fellow archers and mages are killing alone a monsters giving them 4000XP, I can only get ones to 1000xp, and very slowly. Everyone advices me to reset stats and level to 70 as archer or mage, but I like being a warrior, have warrior equipment, and besides good warriors of all levels are needed to take agro and keep monsters in place.
Maybe there should be a monster very hard to fight in range (for example, superfast), giving big exp, but poor drops?
I'm Image too much.
radiant
Novice
Novice

Re: More love for warriors

Post by radiant »

You mean like the yeti?
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

Yes, but of course weaker. Yetis are for very high levels. The problem is exping with warrior on levels 4x-6x.
Archers have no problem fighting, for example, mogguns, it should be a monster there is instantly near you when hit.
I'm Image too much.
Gatekeeper
Peon
Peon

Post by Gatekeeper »

I think the Problems are:

1.st
Warrior has 3 Weapons with max 115 Damage No Item that improve the Damage , only HP (Rock Knife Vit+3)
Archer with the best Bow (ForestBow) 75 Damage + the Damage from Arrows so 75+50 And 2 Skills

2.nd
Warriors need to Raise more Stats than Archer

3.rd no Skill are really good for Warriors

with an Attack of 277 most of the time i mak a Damage at the Half on a Monster
an Archer make every time the same and faster do 250-340 on the same monster so he take the drop.

I hope the Balancing-Project will improve the Warriors to be DamageDealers
Wenn Ich die Welt in Händen tragen könnte, Ich würde Sie zerquetschen ;)
Oder Gar nicht mehr über sowas nachdenken.
Joe777
Newly Registered User

Post by Joe777 »

I think in a sense there is a balance, but Warriors are indeed underpowered in many ways. But when you think of Warriors, Wizards, and Archers in a triangle balance of Attack, Defense, and Support (Archer = Attack Warrior = Defense Wizard = Support) they balance out and become most effective as a team. The only problem is Warriors lack Magic Defense if they do not wear a full set of Terranite Armor and even that is still lacking, making them underpowered in PvP.

There is however one factor that makes the aforementioned triangle balance flawed in PvE: Monsters tend to attack whoever hits them! Perhaps if the game implements a factor where the first successful hit determines who they attack until they die or the hitter dies then tanking as a Warrior would be most beneficial to teams. You would say #itenplz would be useful then but i would say #itenplz can overwrite this factor and cause the monster to immediately attack the one who casts it, but the first person to successfully damage the monster effected by #itenplz would be the new target.

I may have strayed off topic a bit in a sense but the aforementioned idea can increase Warrior necessity in many ways and make leveling easier for them! Aside from that i think Warriors will improve once those many unreleased weapons displayed in the wiki get stats and get introduced into the game :wink:
Joe777 - Main
UltimaJoe - Mage
HeroJoe - Warrior
RangerJoe - Archer
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

Derpella wrote:Yes, but of course weaker. Yetis are for very high levels. The problem is exping with warrior on levels 4x-6x.
Archers have no problem fighting, for example, mogguns, it should be a monster there is instantly near you when hit.
So my solution between 40 to 50 has been Cave Snakes, Mogguns and Reinboos. Cave Snakes in the lower 40's. Mogguns are possible in the high 40's using a hit and run technique where you step away from the moggun. Of course this means running down the tunnel. I'm just using Forest Armor, Fairy Hat and Wooden Shield for defence. Mogguns hit hard (60hp), but using the hit and run technique I can avoid dying. Typically I get hit once per 3 mogguns. Exp is approx. 280 each.

Reinboos are good because they give more experience than cave snakes, but I find I like hunting mogguns better, more uses for coal.
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

The problem comes from warriors themselves...
All of you seem to forget that, even if a warrior hits weakly, they have a very high defense and can survive, they don't fear death at all, or not a lot.
Allow them to hit very hard and quite quickly, and you'll see no more archers around...

What i mean is that you can't have a high defense, so to be well protected, and hit hard and quickly at the same time, orelse it would be cheating.
Archers get incredible exp, ok, but they die pretty easily, and sometimes that's boring. But that's a choice to make.

Personnally, i most of the time play as an archer, and near than never play as a warrior, but i admit that, when you have powders, being mage is a little cheated. With a low level, around 70-80, graveyard isn't hard at all and you get great exp. The only problem is to get powders.

But warriors, please stop complaining about not hitting hard and fast, or about being vunlerable against magic... If some help is added against this for warriors, they should rename the warrior class the "god" class...
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

Kazenawa wrote:All of you seem to forget that, even if a warrior hits weakly, they have a very high defense and can survive, they don't fear death at all, or not a lot. Allow them to hit very hard and quite quickly, and you'll see no more archers around...

What i mean is that you can't have a high defense, so to be well protected, and hit hard and quickly at the same time, orelse it would be cheating.
Archers get incredible exp, ok, but they die pretty easily, and sometimes that's boring. But that's a choice to make.

But warriors, please stop complaining about not hitting hard and fast, or about being vunlerable against magic... If some help is added against this for warriors, they should rename the warrior class the "god" class...
Derpella does have a valid point, leveling as a warrior takes time. Also warrior equipment has gotten more expensive (there were no iron ingots before) while equipment for archers is more plentiful (it's a cinch to get forest armor and a forest bow). Things are starting to change slightly now with a bit more equipment being released for all classes (which is wonderful to see).

It's true warriors can have a very high defense, but that's at high levels. At lower levels (under 60) they don't have the advantage of plate armor. It's that 40-60 where we really see archers can kick some serious but and level fast.

But there are ways warriors can speed up the process slightly. I've briefly covered one above, the other is to visit the near graveyard area with a tank, let the tank attack a spectre, wisp, then sit an take damage while you attack (same technique works for leveling all the classes, and better with archers because of speed).

You can hit hard and have good defense, and it's not cheating - you just sacrifice something else (agility, which leaves you slow as molasses).

It's about making choices... but think about the warrior class almost like a paladin class, you have to sacrifice to be a champion.
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

chaslinux wrote:Derpella does have a valid point, leveling as a warrior takes time. Also warrior equipment has gotten more expensive (there were no iron ingots before) while equipment for archers is more plentiful (it's a cinch to get forest armor and a forest bow). Things are starting to change slightly now with a bit more equipment being released for all classes (which is wonderful to see).
It's ok, but as a warrior, even if it takes lot of time to level up, it's safe. Why do only warriors would have the right to level up fast and safely ?
Also, to my opinion, it's way easier to make a bow and a poor armor than a beautiful heavy plate and helmet no ? For a bow you need only some good wood and a nice string, for the forest armor only some nice components, non-expensive (it's not supposed to save your life), whereas a warrior needs something heavy, with excellent defensive materials, something that have to save his entire life ! To my mind it explains the high cost of warrior stuff...
chaslinux wrote:It's true warriors can have a very high defense, but that's at high levels. At lower levels (under 60) they don't have the advantage of plate armor. It's that 40-60 where we really see archers can kick some serious but and level fast.
Then be an archer at those levels... You have the chance that you can really easily change the class your are in, so change it when needed !
And seriously, levelling from 40 to 60 as an archer is really really fast, so even if you dislike to be an archer, it won't be for a long time.
Personnally, i'm most of the time an archer, sometimes mage, but when i needed to get the 30 frozen yeti tears for the love triangle quest, i didn't complained and move to warrior, even if that's longer. I did that because killing yetis alone as an archer is painful, and as a mage is expensive, but what's wrong with it ? Nothing, it was just really helpful and simple.
chaslinux wrote:You can hit hard and have good defense, and it's not cheating - you just sacrifice something else (agility, which leaves you slow as molasses).
This way i agree with you. If you sacrifice agility, then that's ok to my opinion, you won't be cheated. But you'll have the same problem actually, you'll level up very slowly...
chaslinux wrote:It's about making choices... but think about the warrior class almost like a paladin class, you have to sacrifice to be a champion.
What a nice thought ;)
Anyway, i personnally think that a warrior is made to protect, not to level up. They're certainly the most brave ones because they sacrifice their experience to help others level up.
As a barbarian like to hear it, a good warrior is hear to "protect the ones he loves and to take care of everyone", not to be incredibly powerful ;)
BoomerTheKran
Peon
Peon

Post by BoomerTheKran »

raging. you will get more xp. you will get some drops. try it in cindy, candor, and graveyard. it works.
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

Warriors are more sexy :p
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

i agree warriors are by far the underpowered class. whats survival matter if you arent getting enough xp to level faster than a month? really archers are way too overpowered and need to be rerquired to have more stats to do high dmage. the end all class shouldnt be the archers. as for mentioning pvp. pvp isnt the games primary play so its irrelevant
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

I've actually enjoyed the slower leveling of my warrior "Shainen". Challenging and gratifying while meeting lots of nice friends along the way. Enjoy the game play and use a class you find find is most fun. Better yet add characters and try out all classes. My dedication is to single class leveling (keeping the same class stats on my character as much as possible), but that's just me and what I prefer.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

[quote='"kazenawa"] It's ok, but as a warrior, even if it takes lot of time to level up, it's safe. Why do only warriors would have the right to level up fast and safely ?
Also, to my opinion, it's way easier to make a bow and a poor armor than a beautiful heavy plate and helmet no ? For a bow you need only some good wood and a nice string, for the forest armor only some nice components, non-expensive (it's not supposed to save your life), whereas a warrior needs something heavy, with excellent defensive materials, something that have to save his entire life ! To my mind it explains the high cost of warrior stuff... [/quote] and yet at the same timne archers level up safely from a distance and you have no problem with this
radiant
Novice
Novice

Post by radiant »

In a game where dying carries no penalty except for the costs involved in traveling back to your preferred experience-grinding map (if any), does "safe" really mean anything?