Gavinre Abused me

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
dayve
Novice
Novice

Re: Gavinre Abused me

Post by dayve »

prsm wrote: I am looking, i see a kick and a log. You really need to read what others wrote. You are too quick to tray and nail a gm to the floor. Last time i checked, a log is not abuse or against the rules! the log explains the kick is all, and he was following her, using the follow command, not helping to hunt in a pack.
If i wanted Narus removed, i would simply tell some of the things i know from being on the inside of TAS. What i want is to understand the rule/nonrule. First there was no rule against follow, but now there is if done in town. Oh wait, you also cant follow if you don't attack. Also in the two cases she doesn't record that they were insulting anyone, which in against the rules, but only that they followed which isn't?
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

I will ignore the threat against Narus.........

If you dont or cant understand whats been written, please forward your concerns to Platyna for a ruling. Thats the next step in the process!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
dayve
Novice
Novice

Post by dayve »

prsm wrote:I will ignore the threat against Narus.........

If you dont or cant understand whats been written, please forward your concerns to Platyna for a ruling. Thats the next step in the process!
No, Narus was doing a good job of explaining it to me before you jumped in.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Once again, narus kicked him for harassment, which is just soo funny, her guild members was being harassed right in front of her and she did nothing. But she stated she banned for following, which is not against the rules. But she meant she banned for harassment and name calling. A small over sight. The gm's need to be very clear why each ban is being issued. If she states a cause for a kick that is not against the rules, there needs to be a conversation about that. But if she states she made a mistake, then she is ok. The gm log is stated for clarity, I honestly believe the player was harassing, was not a developer, and there for completely open for a kick by the gm. If the player wants to troll and harass players he needs to become a member of the group holding power so the harassment and trolling will be over looked. Like it was for yubaba.

Dayve why do we always need up in this trench. GM don't seem to understand the difference between right and wrong. Have this idea that somehow friends are more important then the rules and inflict the rules to fit their world view.

Ask for the gm's. Let it be understood, I expect fair treatment out of each and everyone of you. I expect you to enforce the rules as they are written. I expect you to fully and accurately report each enforcement each time you use you power. If you do not, I will be waiting. Trust me, I will call you out.

EACH OF YOU, know what question I asked you before you where elected gm, you know I will not tolerate favoritism.

As for reporting it to the powers that be. I really don't think that is a necessity. We can sit down and talk about this behavior with out running to mommy.

I am now watching you all, so you know.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

If you get banned, that means you did something wrong and of course you know what you did.

GMs do their best to enforce the rules into the games. Rules and self-understandable things such as harassment. Being a GM is not easy because decisions need to be taken very quickly, you don't necessarely have the choice sometimes!
Narus, Big Crunch and Prsm do a great job, didn't see AlOnS or Tiana since a while already.

DarkWater, I think you should let Developers and GMs do what they are supposed to do. If you want to be a GM or a DEV, please behave like so, if not respect them. Thank you.

Ali-G
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

@dayve: "following non stop" means the player was running behind another player not when he was hunting or stealing monster, just following him, he was asked to stop he refuse and call names to him, so I kick him for both harrsment and insults. Now I'm afraid if you need this type of clarification for every single line or command we use this will take forever.
Also we add the @l in the log in the most simple was with just a few words for every case i will not write a novel there to explain whats happening.
I did not made a mistake kicking him out but i made one when i said that happen in town because i was still thinking of Emperror- Gillian case.

@DarkWater: I saw a situation between your sister and yubaba, wich I think is what you are referring here, and she was not abuse at that time, if that happen before or after I was not there to see it, I saw yubaba and her and they BOTH were trolling back and forth.
dayve
Novice
Novice

Post by dayve »

[quote="Narus"]@dayve: so I kick him for both harrsment and insults. Now I'm afraid if you need this type of clarification for every single line or command we use this will take forever.
/quote]

When you state you kicked loko65 or anyone for doing something that i am told ISNT against any rule, but sure i will question you.

On Emperror, you used 6 lines and never once said what rule he broke, but repeatedly stated it was follow.

Thanks for making it more clear.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Narus wrote: @DarkWater: I saw a situation between your sister and yubaba, wich I think is what you are referring here, and she was not abuse at that time, if that happen before or after I was not there to see it, I saw yubaba and her and they BOTH were trolling back and forth.
I was playing watching her play when she nuked yubaba for 30 minutes and she kept on a trolling. I saw her behavior, I saw the name calling, I was there. If I behaved like yubaba did, I would expect to be banned. After we both reported the abuse, the gm's jumped to yubaba's defense, but dont think you can play keep away with this one narus. I was standing right there, I watch your behavior. It was abuse, she reported it, you did nothing because she was a developer, you stated that very clearly.

But that is over with and done. After she asked you and bc to talk to yubaba, you turned your back on family, which is not surprising. She is gone now and will not come back, she asked me to ban the server access to themanaworld, which is why I have to go around the vpn to connection to the game and forums.

Bottom line, you screwed up. You kicked the player because he was following, which is not against the rules. You meant he was harassing and calling names, which is ok if you are a developer or gm.

For the record you did nothing wrong in this case. The past is the past, but I had to point it out because the current behavior of the developers and gm's are driving way talent and players.

If you expect dayve and I to have bendable morals in which we see a wrong and shut up and get in line, you really dont understand us that well. You did wrong, you did not post why you really kicked the player. Now the powers that be are trying to remove the gm log from public viewing. I have no idea why people just cant be honest.

When I screw up, I say it, I feel sorry about it, and I try not to do it again.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

DarkWater wrote:Ask for the gm's. Let it be understood, I expect fair treatment out of each and everyone of you. I expect you to enforce the rules as they are written. I expect you to fully and accurately report each enforcement each time you use you power.
Dark Water, you recently announced that you quit the game. Surely you have better things to do than rage at people about a game you don't play.
DarkWater wrote:As for reporting it to the powers that be. I really don't think that is a necessity. We can sit down and talk about this behavior with out running to mommy.
You regularly present conspiracy theories and lash out at The Oppressors. There comes a time to put your money where your mouth is. If what you say is true, then yes it is a necessity.

Your bluff is called. You fold.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Frost wrote: Dark Water, you recently announced that you quit the game. Surely you have better things to do than rage at people about a game you don't play.

Your bluff is called. You fold.
It was shown in this thread and in a few others problems with the current gm behavior, I would not make a comment otherwise. I said I did not have enough time to play the game anymore and that my family has quit. But frost, you are honestly going to step up against me? Honestly frost, there would be no problem if the rules where enforced equally and fairly.

Following is not against the rules. Narus banned for following, admitted in the gm log. Conspiracy proven, check and mate, sorry about that, but it was kind of right in front of you.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

stalking should be banable I will bring it to platyna's attention.

Edit: seems frost is sitting in check still.
The past is the past, but I had to point it out because the current behavior of the developers and gm's are driving way talent and players.
Your attacking the DEVELOPERS, you are driving the talent away.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

meway wrote:stalking should be banable I will bring it to platyna's attention.

Edit: seems frost is sitting in check still.
The past is the past, but I had to point it out because the current behavior of the developers and gm's are driving way talent and players.
Your attacking the DEVELOPERS, you are driving the talent away.
LOL, if they did not troll, harass, and abuse other players while hiding behind their developer status, then they would not get a word out me. yubaba claimed to use his developer to do an ip check to harass my family. Frost is acting like what he says does not reflect back on the group holding power.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

DarkWater wrote: After she asked you and bc to talk to yubaba, you turned your back on family, which is not surprising.
Please get the facts correct dear. I was on vacation in Northern California at the time of this incident, and no where near a computer.

As for the rules, some rules are open to interpretation. In this instance, Narus felt that action was called for. In another similar case, I might not feel a ban is called for. Part of the reason we were voted into a position of authority is because our judgement has been deemed to be solid. Not perfect, but good and fair. We try to do our best, and if that is not enough, Platyna or Freeyorp will inform us and we will be removed or stepdown.

There is no conspiracy, no wide scale persecution of you or dayve or anyone else from someone on the GM Team. We strive to treat everyone fairly and with a modicum of respect.
sexy red bearded GM
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

if i could lock this forum i would! Sichel asked for an explanation why it wasn't abuse, i gave one that he accepted ! The rest is an attempt to hijack the forum and go on a witch hunt!

If your to obtuse to understand, ask for help! We are all granted an opinion, no one's is greater than the others.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Following is not per se a bannable offense, but following can be a form of abuse.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.