Lost 20k at Richard

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Cycloid
Newly Registered User

Lost 20k at Richard

Post by Cycloid »

I had 35k at Richards, according to "Check my balance".
Withdrew 20k, accidently clicked on "withdraw" again, so I selected "Quit".
Result: 0 GP at Status, 15k at Richards.
Reconnecting didnt help...
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Re: Lost 20k at Richard

Post by ChefChelios »

Do you really think someone cares about 20k? Nope! I gave away 15.000.000 for just 2 hats... Sorry but 20k are just a joke 2 old players. I droped 500 iron ores, 2 mush hats, some bowler hats last time when me was online(+2000 or 3000 other items). Money is not important! :) if there is a buggy npc plz tell us what happend(+solution if possible) :) but dont cry about it. ...oh... btw my english is very poor.... Dont think my answere is an attack! Its just "my way" xD
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Thanks for the report.

@Chef:
All those who are not an old player (and could not exploit some bugs in the good old days;)
think 20k is a real bunch of work!
---
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

Jup, you are right argul... But let them play the game and they see what is important: real friends! Some players want rare hats, money and co. But some ppl are better: give a item to prsm or big crunch for one week and you get it back cuz they are fair players. I like that...
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

ChefChelios, that player is reporting a bug. Bug reports are not nagging. We need them so that bugs can be fixed, so every bug report is welcome.

Also, a bank bug which can eat 20k can very likely also eat much larger sums.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

Me was using this npc at the last 2 years. You didnt! It was working good...
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

Ok ok there have been changes. Someone put the banker and store guy together i havn forgotten to say it. But there was never a big problem!
Cycloid
Newly Registered User

Post by Cycloid »

@ChefChelios:
I do not care about 20k of virtual money. (Most) OpenSource projects depend on users reporting bugs.

@all:
I tried the same dialog pattern again, but was not able to reproduce the bug. If nobody else expierienced problems, the topic can be closed.
gator
Peon
Peon

Post by gator »

system is: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
I lost 30k earlier today when I did a withdrawal at Richard NPC bank.
Prior to withdrawal, check my balance was 45,000gp, and immediately after withdrawal I did check my balance and it was 15,000gp. So it came out of the bank. But when I checked my char's gp amount, it was still 3427gp. It was the same as it was prior to the transaction.

I dont know if this makes any difference, but when I was doing the withdrawal I clicked other and typed 30000.
instead of clicking one of the amounts on the list, then clicked submit.

My account is tater2 and character is Freyja (different from Freya - I have only been playing about 6 weeks).
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I wasn't able to reproduce and when looking at the script, I don't see where the error could come from. :|

Code: Select all

if (#BankAccount < @Amount)
        goto L_NoMoney;
    set Zeny, Zeny + @Amount;
    set #BankAccount, #BankAccount - @Amount;
    goto L_Balance;
Does anyone have an idea of how this could be caused?