Sound File is too large to upload. Cannot compress.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Sound File is too large to upload. Cannot compress.

Post by Ledmitz »

Hello, I created a Track specifically for the game, however when I tried to upload it it was too large. I see there is a max file size of 4MB and my file is 6.66MB. Is my music track too long for what is allowed or is there another way that I can upload the file.
I added extra parts so it would not be repetitive, but that is what seems to have caused the problem.
Compressing the file did not save any space as "Ogg" has already done that.
Is there a solution to my problem?

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Re: Sound File is too large to upload. Cannot compress.

Post by yourmistakes »

try uploading it somewhere else?
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for... another address or FTP or something. I've used filehosting before, but could not find a good one. What's the best one with the least trouble? Most of the files that I tried to download from a filehosting site that were posted here, gave nothing... just broken links.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

I found a great file server thanks to another player. Google... go figure.
It's very reliable and free, though you must have a gmail account or google login first.
Login and go to "more" and "sites".. "create new site... "more actions" ... "Manage Site" ... then "attachments". I couldn't find a link address to the file so I found it with firefox by downloading it and pasted the link here. Voila! A Solution that works good.

yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

dropbox is quite awesome for free file hosting
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Dropbox is superb. Integrates into file explorer and mac folder systems seamlessly. Just upload your track to your public folder, right-click on the file>Dropbox>Get Public link (or something like that) it will store the link in your clipboard to paste here.

Alternatively, MediaFire is still quick and handy.

If it's just for preview purposes, you could try exporting your audio track at a lower OGG bitrate. I personally go for 192Kpbs minimum, but 128Kpbs is fine. If you want Dropbox, get an invite to register an account. You'll get 250Mb extra space for free and so will the person who invited you. Just let us know if you'd like this.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Thanks for the info guys. Dropbox sounds enticing. Google has a 100MB storage with a 20MB cap on filesize, so I imagine there are plenty of things that dropbox would be useful for. By all means, send an invite. What do you need, an e-mail address from me?

dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Pretty much. You can PM me the email address that you wish to use when you register for your dropbox account. It's easy and straightforward to use. There's a little documentation when you install it. (a really, really short readme) and also a video on their website. Didn't know Google did filehosting till I checked out your link. I was at work at the time, but will try to have a listen soon.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Finally got an account. Thanks for the invite. Extra space is a nice incentive on both ends, eh? Sweet.

yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

or you can just upload your stuff on www.mediafire.com gives you a link after you upload.

Regards,
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Ledmitz wrote:Finally got an account. Thanks for the invite. Extra space is a nice incentive on both ends, eh? Sweet.
Yeah, it's pretty good! It's a great little sharing app. I used to use Mediafire and YouSendIt, but this pretty much serves my needs. Mediafire is still cool, but Dropbox kinda makes it redundant for me with the option to right-click any file to grab a public link to it...