[REQ] Drops for Wolf Monster

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[REQ] Drops for Wolf Monster

Post by Jenalya »

Hello,

the wolf monster will also need some new drops.
I was thinking about e.g. its teeth or pelt, but if you have any other ideas this is open to suggestions. :wink:

About the pelt, I wondered if this could fit after some work being done on it: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =8&t=13227
pateame

Re: [REQ] Drops for Wolf Monster

Post by pateame »

¿Where's the pelt posted by len few hours ago?... I like it, but now is gone :shock: .
About suggestions, I was thinking on some health or food-related items, maybe a leg or a big piece of meat (sirloin or whatever is called).
It could be used for a quest related with salmodine grill for barbarian area:
Image + meat = Image yummy!
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

wolf pelt2.png
wolf pelt2.png (2.82 KiB) Viewed 1824 times
Pixel Battalion
Yoshimura
Peon
Peon

Post by Yoshimura »

omg, is that a wolf rug? hehe
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

One quickly runs out of superlatives to describe your work, Len. IMO, it's perfect.

Jenalya, is it a good idea to introduce new items purely for the sake of having new items? If they have no purpose, I mean. Generic drops that could be used for many monsters - eg, Animal Bones - are, I think, a better idea. They could be supplemented with drops that had a use or were required for quests.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

poison_ivy wrote:Jenalya, is it a good idea to introduce new items purely for the sake of having new items? If they have no purpose, I mean. Generic drops that could be used for many monsters - eg, Animal Bones - are, I think, a better idea. They could be supplemented with drops that had a use or were required for quests.
I plan to add already existing drops to the wolf as e.g. the Animal Bones. But in my opinion each mob should have at least one unique drop, maybe two, to make it special. I think it'd be boring if you reach a new area in the game, fight different monsters than in the area before - and then get only drops you already know?
Also items as animals fur or pelt is really not hard to find a use for in some way, NPCs (here the barbarians) can ask for it with the motivation they need it as material to make clothes and tents (maybe even as daily quest?) or it can be used as ingredients for crafting quests (as the leather patch is used for a steel shield or white fur for winter gloves and fur boots).
In general, I use new items, monsters, maps as a inspiration to get ideas for new quests. Many of the quests I already contributed to the game came to my mind because I saw an interesting graphic or map.