Can't connect to remote host

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
SamHu
Newly Registered User

Can't connect to remote host

Post by SamHu »

I suddenly can't connect to remote host. I don't know why? It works yesterday?
Your sever address may be blocked by our national firewall, since I am playing it in China.
However, I hope not. Because, that will be quite difficult to play it again.
SamHu
Newly Registered User

Re: Can't connect to remote host

Post by SamHu »

Besides, only the German sever is still available for me.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Moved from Feedback to General Support.

As you can read on the main page http://themanaworld.org/ the server is offline since 12:03 GMT.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

SamHu wrote:I suddenly can't connect to remote host. I don't know why? It works yesterday?
Your sever address may be blocked by our national firewall, since I am playing it in China.
However, I hope not. Because, that will be quite difficult to play it again.
Please be patient. administrators are doing their best to bring it back. This is an open source project .
Look at the status on the TMW welcome page http://themanaworld.org/ :)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

It seems this game can be very... "disturbing" if not working right away, goodness sake.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Ali-G i dont think that they are being impatient, i just believe they want to make sure that its not an error on their part or some isp issue.
sexy red bearded GM
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Big Crunch wrote:Ali-G i dont think that they are being impatient, i just believe they want to make sure that its not an error on their part or some isp issue.
You're probably right. I just can see that people react a bit too quickly, they should wait a bit before worrying.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Ali-G wrote:
Big Crunch wrote:Ali-G i dont think that they are being impatient, i just believe they want to make sure that its not an error on their part or some isp issue.
You're probably right. I just can see that people react a bit too quickly, they should wait a bit before worrying.
As i said. If they believe it is an issue with them rather than the server, they would act quickly to resolve it rather than assume it is the server and wait forever for it to be fixed when they could have taken the initiative and fixed it.
sexy red bearded GM
Villain
Novice
Novice

Post by Villain »

http://www.greatfirewallofchina.org/ind ... aworld.org

Now we wait to see how old the backup is.
RIP Frost, Big Crunch, Mistakes, mrgrey, and MrWho
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

we are so addicted :mrgreen:
jessyb03
Novice
Novice

Post by jessyb03 »

I guess all that's left to do is wait. And yes, this is addiction, hehe.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
joebob2011
Newly Registered User

Post by joebob2011 »

But how long do we have to wait? And how come it's offline in the first place? Are we doing an upgrade? Did the Server Get Hacked????? Well those are my question.
amarant24
Peon
Peon

Post by amarant24 »

joebob2011 wrote:But how long do we have to wait? And how come it's offline in the first place? Are we doing an upgrade? Did the Server Get Hacked????? Well those are my question.
This isn't Sony Playstation. I doubt they got hacked. Maybe they're simply updating... they do this every once in a while.
joebob2011
Newly Registered User

Post by joebob2011 »

amarant24 wrote:
joebob2011 wrote:But how long do we have to wait? And how come it's offline in the first place? Are we doing an upgrade? Did the Server Get Hacked????? Well those are my question.
This isn't Sony Playstation. I doubt they got hacked. Maybe they're simply updating... they do this every once in a while.
Lol yeah, this is my first time to go through a downing, and it comes just right when I have a lot of time on my hands
Zel Rai
Peon
Peon

Post by Zel Rai »

amarant24 wrote: This isn't Sony Playstation. I doubt they got hacked. Maybe they're simply updating... they do this every once in a while.
I very much doubt that the dev-team for any open source project would set themselves up for such a deliberate form of epic fail. Also Sony's epic fail is one of a kind in another sense, if any other IT firm/company had "lost secure control of 8,000,000+ credit card numbers and their pertinent billing info ...", they'd be permanently defunct. :roll:

All we need do is wait. Maybe unexpected good things will happen.